What's new

Johnny Cage Teased by Ed Boon

Gamer68

Fujin!

That is not Johnny Cage lol
Look at this higher quality pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz-Pf3xVAAI-g7o.jpg
  • Has an outfit similar to Johnny in MKX.
  • Has ID Tags and is seen on the Special Forces stage, meaning he's probably Special Forces.
  • Belt buckle says "CAGE"
  • The pic @Circus posted shows the character in question preforming a Fatality on Sub-Zero confirming they are playable.
  • Johnny Cage is a highly speculated/rumored character to be in the game.
  • Ed's hint is "Who hired this guy.... WTF" which sounds like something Johnny would say. Also the fact that Ed is teasing him means he's kind of a big deal.
Without a doubt, it's Johnny.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
His look has me worried, I don't really like how he looked in MKX. I wish he was younger in this game.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I'd be real glad to see Johnny again. I usually lean more towards giving space to new characters, but Johnny was such a great character in MKX I don't mind at all. Seriously, between the (actually funny) one-liners and the slightly more grown-up plot threads and character development, Cage no longer feels like a joke, but a real essential part of the MK world.

Now that`s some good news. My favourite boomer douchbag is back. I kinda hope we`ll see more of his younger self in story, because Daddy Cage was somewhat tame. Now reveal Reptile and i`m gonna be one happy boy coming to MK 11.

Reactions: Zev

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
JOHNNY

Look at this higher quality pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz-Pf3xVAAI-g7o.jpg
  • Has an outfit similar to Johnny in MKX.
  • Has ID Tags and is seen on the Special Forces stage, meaning he's probably Special Forces.
  • Belt buckle says "CAGE"
  • The pic @Circus posted shows the character in question preforming a Fatality on Sub-Zero confirming they are playable.
  • Johnny Cage is a highly speculated/rumored character to be in the game.
  • Ed's hint is "Who hired this guy.... WTF" which sounds like something Johnny would say. Also the fact that Ed is teasing him means he's kind of a big deal.
Without a doubt, it's Johnny.
Nice hi-rez pic, thanks for posting. I'm not a fan of the outfit at all, which is a shame because I assume it'll be his default, but that's not a huge deal considering the customization options. But I do like that after MKX's dalliance with "Kurt Russell after ten punches to the face" face, this is going back to his pretty boy JCVD roots.

I just wonder if he'll keep the MKX voice actor and how well that voice will work with this look.