What's new

Johnny Cage Teased by Ed Boon

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
That will be another Kombat Kast I'm going to skip.

And the Cage family is complete, I wonder if they get another member this time around, like Sabrina Cage.

I never understand why they keep characters like Johnny Cage and Liu Kang for so long unreleased, get those repetitive MK1 characters out of the way first, everybody already knows they are in the game anyway.

Hopefully, they will continue the Edenian-immortality searching from Johnny Cage his MKX ending.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I love Johnny, I really do, however, I would take Cassie gameplay over Johnny gameplay because I am biased AF. I know patience is a virtue but I can't wait to see how she freaking plays.

dsal;fjdskgjslkgjslkjglskfjsdf

Lokheit

Noob
Okay, so I'm guessing his three augmentations for customization will be:

- shades
- gloves/knuckle dusters
- belt/buckle
Yeah probably these. I was hoping for tattoos but his main outfit covers the body and I guess it wouldn't be realistic to change a tattoo for each fight.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Something about this tease is fishy. Like when they teased "Reptile" and "Nightwolf" and how everyone assumed Kitana was last week because of 16bit and Derek talking about Fans.
Agreed. I know we have a fatality screen thing, but the image really feels like
Okay, so I'm guessing his three augmentations for customization will be:

- shades
- gloves/knuckle dusters
- belt/buckle
I want to customize his chest tattoo though...

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Well, they should be.
I understand where you come from, but at the same time there is a certain nostalgic attachment you can get with the 7 that you just can't with the others, just because they were playable. Most people who played MK1 remember what their first fatality was (I know I do), or playing against their friends or siblings, and while Goro just jumping in front of you when you finish the previous fight, Reptile just showing up to give clues, or Shang transforming into others were all great things that stand out a lot, it's just not the same. It's similar to how Jade, Smoke, and Noob Saibot are not considered MKII characters, not even Shao Khan is.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So is everyone just going to bitch every game when the original 7 always make the cut? You do realize those are the 7 characters your casual fan recognizes, right? Your buddy who only plays sports games but thinks he's good at Tekken because he mashes Eddy strings doesn't give a shit about Mavado or whatever obscure character people are begging for this week. He likes Johnny Cage because he can punch people in the nuts.

These characters are NEVER going anywhere. It's like complaining that the original 8 World Warriors are still in Street Fighter games.