What's new

Johnny Cage Teased by Ed Boon

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
This happens all the time. Characters are insanely requested and even more insanely over-hyped but just can't live up to that impossible hype and nobody plays them out of dissappointment. No matter how "cool" they think a character is very few people will seriously play a character that they absolutely CAN NOT win with because they are starting with too large of a handicap as opposed to other characters who are just plain better. I've mained characters that were mid to low tier for what feels like forever now and it's led to a lot of frustration and people telling me to stop being a scrub/casual and pick a character that was made to win like EVERYBODY else does, lol. Sometimes no matter how awesome we think/want a character to be they just aren't practical in a fight.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
If that's the only thing happening in an orgy you're doing it wrong.

Maybe we share an opinion? It's a nice change of pace from all the endless complaining.
I attended an ass orgy in Dayton, OH during a particularly harsh winter in 1991.
While I met some wonderful people, it isn’t a fad I can see catching on with the young folks.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Ehhh sorta. He lacked mid hitting armor, a poke that was less than 8 frames that was better than -5 on block, or a stagger-able mid. Speaking on A-List at least. I do think he was good, but I stand by him being redundant as Liu Kang Dragon's Fire checks all of the boxes A-List Cage does and more. F3 is a better mid than Liu Kang's mids but that is legit the only thing he does better. Once again he's not garbage or anything, hes still good and really fun.
He was like cyber Kano. Only 1,000,000 times better. But yeah I agree.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Not everyone want or care about him.
Yeah this thread is filled with that sort of crap. I can't understand how some think NRS is making the game only for them and want/need such n such charater or only this and none of that.

Like who's you? Lol.

I mean seriously. In a few months there's going to be a lot of unhappy people when the game comes out.

Can't wait to drink and bathe in their tears and draw happy faces in the salt.

Tekken is my main game, so I definitely know where you're coming from. The staple characters HAVE to be there. These are the characters that made people fall in the love with the game.

When it comes to MK, the roster at this point is well above 30 total after the DLC is all released. There's plenty of room for the iconic, recognizable characters.

Kuni is a good example of a more obscure character no one played but people begged for. Same goes for Anna and Lei right now. It might be due to those two just not being very strong, though. It also reminds me of Zatanna from INJ1. Many requested her....and no one played her once NRS put her in the game.
Julia/Michelle Chang isn't iconic anymore and I find that weird.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Julia/Michelle Chang isn't iconic anymore and I find that weird.
I actually think Julia is much more iconic and popular than Michelle. She just had more personality and was more fun to play. The crowd lost their shit when they revealed Julia, so she definitely still has a fairly large fanbase. I look forward to trying her this weekend! Negan.....no thanks. I'm good.

Really hope there's another season of characters. I'd love to see Ganryu back, but I know he's not popular. Would be interesting to see the Ogres in Tekken 7.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Has anyone but the Cage's ever done a nut punch? Like, even in other fighting games?

Edit: Sophitia knees people in the balls, that's about all I can think of. Oh, and law has that throw where he assaults your nads.
Redman in Def Jam Fight For NY :D

I actually think Julia is much more iconic and popular than Michelle. She just had more personality and was more fun to play. The crowd lost their shit when they revealed Julia, so she definitely still has a fairly large fanbase. I look forward to trying her this weekend! Negan.....no thanks. I'm good.

Really hope there's another season of characters. I'd love to see Ganryu back, but I know he's not popular. Would be interesting to see the Ogres in Tekken 7.
They hinted as much so I wouldn't be surprised, I'd love to see Kunimitsu and Alex back but I'm not going to bank on that anytime soon. I've yet to put any time into Armor King but I want to.

I wouldn't say she had more personality than her adopted mom but she was definitely more popular because she started at the massively popular Tekken 3 and was in every game after. I just think it's weird they didn't put her in the base roster of 7 yet Panda and Kuma have seperate slots this time around.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Yeah this thread is filled with that sort of crap. I can't understand how some think NRS is making the game only for them and want/need such n such charater or only this and none of that.

Like who's you? Lol.

I mean seriously. In a few months there's going to be a lot of unhappy people when the game comes out.

Can't wait to drink and bathe in their tears and draw happy faces in the salt.
I don't care.