What's new

Johnny Cage Teased by Ed Boon

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Yes, and you are all being dicks to other people having different opinions, which is fine btw, spare for the hypocrite shield the most of you are wearing.
You coming into this thread and bashing Johnny is the equivalent of going into like a techno concert and getting on the mic and saying techno sucks and everyone should listen to country music instead. Then being surprised when you get booed off the stage and beat up in the back alley.

I honestly can't fathom how people think he's a boring character. He's has green magic balls and shadow kicks. Is a movie star, who wise cracks. Wears $500 sunglasses. Oh ya and . . . .

Resistible

MK fan since '92
Johnny Cage Nut Punch is as memorable to Mortal Kombat as Scorpion's spear and Sub-zero's ice ball IMO. It's definitely something the casual audience recognizes.
Yeah, Johnny's Nut Punch is memorable, who doesn't like and was improved upon by his daughter, the ding dong from Cassie in MKX was great. By now you'd think anytime someone has to face off against him they'd wear a spiked iron cup. The casuals love him, the veterans like him, but I feel having all three Cage's in a game after they were already in the previous title is a bit much, one of them should sit out before Mortal Kombat turns into Keeping up with the Cage's

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah, Johnny's Nut Punch is memorable, who doesn't like and was improved upon by his daughter, the ding dong from Cassie in MKX was great. By now you'd think anytime someone has to face off against him they'd wear a spiked iron cup. The casuals love him, the veterans like him, but I feel having all three Cage's in a game after they were already in the previous title is a bit much, one of them should sit out before Mortal Kombat turns into Keeping up with the Cage's
I like this because you're expressing your opinion in a reasonable way. I feel like Johnny, Sonya, and Cassie will continue to return because all three of them are very popular and will keep returning because they stand on their own.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I can't get over how hyped I am to see some JC gameplay. Young Cage interacting with old Cage is something that absolutely needs to happen. I hope we can customize his tattoos.

Also Johnny Cage, Sonya, Cassie Cage >>>>>>>>> Smoke, Noob, and Rain. IDGAF its true
I thank God above that I ain’t born as you.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
You coming into this thread and bashing Johnny is the equivalent of going into like a techno concert and getting on the mic and saying techno sucks and everyone should listen to country music instead. Then being surprised when you get booed off the stage and beat up in the back alley.

I honestly can't fathom how people think he's a boring character. He's has green magic balls and shadow kicks. Is a movie star, who wise cracks. Wears $500 sunglasses. Oh ya and . . . .
So much blabla, and all for nothing, as I’m probably a bigger JC fan than you are. I just hate his daughter and MKX story direction.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Why can't people just be happy and thankful you get a teaser of Johnny Cage? I just hope he ain't gonna be all mkxl like or have those ridiculous normals from mk9. That was a nightmare to deal with.

Instead a good chunk of the thread is arguing with a lil troll who just wants to flame bait. Who gives a shit what he thinks. He only probably knows this decades mk games anyways.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Why can't people just be happy and thankful you get a teaser of Johnny Cage? I just hope he ain't gonna be all mkxl like or have those ridiculous normals from mk9. That was a nightmare to deal with.
Wow I almost forgot about those MK9 normals lol. Yea Johnny has a history of terrorizing us. He's almost destined to be good in these games.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Wow I almost forgot about those MK9 normals lol. Yea Johnny has a history of terrorizing us. He's almost destined to be good in these games.
I've... Never forgotten. I also haven't gotten over it nor made peace with it... I still remember like it just happened an hour ago.

Man... MK9 was oppressively oppressive at times. It's the only fighter I've played where it's ok to put down your controller and sip some juice or take a bite until the next round.:(

He kinda sucked in the final version of MKX to be fair. Maybe not sucked but completely redundant
Nah dawg. He was still very good. That last patch he truly became a mkxl charater you can play hella hella dishonorably without the crutches of armor and stamina. Which before that he was pretty decent to use.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I've... Never forgotten. I also haven't gotten over it nor made peace with it... I still remember like it just happened an hour ago.

Man... MK9 was oppressively oppressive at times. It's the only fighter I've played where it's ok to put down your controller and sip some juice or take a bite until the next round.:(

Nah dawg. He was still very good. That last patch he truly became a mkxl charater you can play hella hella dishonorably without the crutches of armor and stamina. Which before that he was pretty decent to use.
Ehhh sorta. He lacked mid hitting armor, a poke that was less than 8 frames that was better than -5 on block, or a stagger-able mid. Speaking on A-List at least. I do think he was good, but I stand by him being redundant as Liu Kang Dragon's Fire checks all of the boxes A-List Cage does and more. F3 is a better mid than Liu Kang's mids but that is legit the only thing he does better. Once again he's not garbage or anything, hes still good and really fun.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I've been playing Tekken since 1995 man. Kazuya, Heihachi, Nina, Paul, Yoshi, King, Law, Kuma, Jack, and Chang??!!? Literally every single game they are in or missed one game total. Off the top of my head I think only Kazuya missed Tekken 3 for Jin (who also has been in every game since) in that group. Or how about the Kazama/Mishima family tree storylines?

I remember the last game where everyone was clamoring for Kunimitsu (very similar to the Havik/Fujin/other garbo 3D chars), and when she was added barely anyone used her. No one truly cares about the obscure characters. Mind-boggling some people don't understand why mainstay characters, well, stay.
Tekken is my main game, so I definitely know where you're coming from. The staple characters HAVE to be there. These are the characters that made people fall in the love with the game.

When it comes to MK, the roster at this point is well above 30 total after the DLC is all released. There's plenty of room for the iconic, recognizable characters.

Kuni is a good example of a more obscure character no one played but people begged for. Same goes for Anna and Lei right now. It might be due to those two just not being very strong, though. It also reminds me of Zatanna from INJ1. Many requested her....and no one played her once NRS put her in the game.

trufenix

bye felicia
Has anyone but the Cage's ever done a nut punch? Like, even in other fighting games?

Edit: Sophitia knees people in the balls, that's about all I can think of. Oh, and law has that throw where he assaults your nads.