What's new

Match-up Discussion Johnny Cage: Official Matchup Discussion

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Thanks thats what I thought. I've been using b121 for ages but only recently got ex nut punched out of a 21 follow up. I must have been a little late is all.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You can't jump, crouch, poke, crouch poke, teleport, armor, or X-Ray. You can either block or not block.

You have to think about it... When Sub is contacting you with 2, you're still a couple of frames from recovering from the hit-stun of b1,2,1. You can't do anything while you're in hit-stun. So you're only option is to block.

And I'm not sure exactly how it works across the board... but attempting to armor or X-Ray out of the follow-up can cost you your meter on top of already doubling Sub's damage output. I don't know if it drains their meter every time or if it's inconsistent. But it happens.
you can neutral duck as well. it makes the throw whiff.

Well, since a bunch of players are looking at the old MU chart and saying our community sucks because of it, we should probably change it or just remove it. Sao87

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Well, since a bunch of players are looking at the old MU chart and saying our community sucks because of it, we should probably change it or just remove it. Sao87
I've asked the cage community to give me their opinions. To be fair I think most of the community is retarded when it comes to cage right now. Cage is over rated right now.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Man, everyone stopped underrating their character a month ago when it was clear that a patch/hotfix was not coming. Cage is top 5. He only has three bad match ups versus Kabal, Kenshi, and possibly Sub Zero.

Besides, Sao does not even use Cage any more. I have seen him use Jax in tournaments. What is he doing?

REO

Undead
Man, everyone stopped underrating their character a month ago when it was clear that a patch/hotfix was not coming. Cage is top 5. He only has three bad match ups versus Kabal, Kenshi, and possibly Sub Zero.
I go even with Tom Brady's Sub-Zero using Cage, and I barely use the character. It's 5-5 at the worse for him. I could see Kenshi being tough for Cage.

I disagree with Cage being top 5, though. He has a 3-7 losing match up against the most popular character in the game (Kabal). For this reason alone, he's not top 5. Kabal, Sonya, Freddy, Kenshi, Kung Lao, and Jax, do not have a single 3-7 losing match up. Which is why these characters can be argued as being better than Cage. Cage is definitely a top 10 character, though.

Besides, Sao does not even use Cage any more. I have seen him use Jax in tournaments. What is he doing?
He saw Jr. winning with Jax, so he thought he could do the same?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I go even with Tom Brady's Sub-Zero using Cage, and I barely use the character. It's 5-5 at the worse for him. I could see Kenshi being tough for Cage.

I disagree with Cage being top 5, though. He has a 3-7 losing match up against the most popular character in the game (Kabal). For this reason alone, he's not top 5. Kabal, Sonya, Freddy, Kenshi, Kung Lao, and Jax, do not have a single 3-7 losing match up. Which is why these characters can be argued as being better than Cage. Cage is definitely a top 10 character, though.
On a match up based chart, he could be top 5, though. I do agree that the Kabal match up is very difficult for him.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Oh, please. Talk about overrated. Your Freddy is overrated. You have no room to talk... You want to see a real Freddy? Watch players like Viper, or King Hippo. NIGHT MARE STANCE
I have no clue what's being discussed it his thread. I just randomly clicked it because Dave posted in it and then scrolled up a little. But I hope you are just trolling. Trying to say those 2 guys have a better Freddy is a major joke.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo

He saw Jr. winning with Jax, so he thought he could do the same?
You two gay lovers trying to coordinate another attack on aim to get under my skin?

tbh skarlet feels kind of tough for cage so does freddy, not really sub

i mean freddy can easily cage out well, he can footsie and punish with nm stance, he can escape pressure in the corner with ex sweet dreams well, midscreen he has the ex tele

skarlet can really be a pain to get in on and escapes well with the red dash, its probably 5-5 but she isnt limited

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Hey, so i realized this weekend that i have no idea what i am doing against reptile. When i play against him, i feel as though i have no way to control him and he is all over the screen. Once i have him locked down i do alright, but i have a hard time getting in because he seems very difficult to play footsies with. D4 acid hand or d4 fast force ball keep me in check, ex slow force ball doesnt allow me to move forward, and there is always the threat of an elbow dash. So since i have a hard time getting in, i end up jumping, which really never goes well. Anybody have a lot of reptile experience?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Hey, so i realized this weekend that i have no idea what i am doing against reptile. When i play against him, i feel as though i have no way to control him and he is all over the screen. Once i have him locked down i do alright, but i have a hard time getting in because he seems very difficult to play footsies with. D4 acid hand or d4 fast force ball keep me in check, ex slow force ball doesnt allow me to move forward, and there is always the threat of an elbow dash. So since i have a hard time getting in, i end up jumping, which really never goes well. Anybody have a lot of reptile experience?
Whats that? they like to poke? you tell them nut punch because you can nut punch d4s ;) kidding, I wish you asked me this yesterday, I wouldve played Chrispie and show you

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Whats that? they like to poke? you tell them nut punch because you can nut punch d4s ;) kidding, I wish you asked me this yesterday, I wouldve played Chrispie and show you
Yea i kno, i didnt get around to asking you because drflash wanted to play me after playing your cage, and then we ended up leaving. I pretty much just have a hard time controlling the screen like i normally feel i am able to because of cages commanding normals. i can generally stop players from getting block strings on me because i out reach them with fwd 3, but reptiles elbow dash gives him the ability to break that little defense and get a quick block string and go back to footsies. I pretty much just was being chipped to death by chrispie, until i tried to get out of the bs by jumping as a last resort, and he was very on point with his aa. I was thinking step back b3 could be helpful, but i didnt really get the oppurtunity to try.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I know being a training mode warrior isn't much better than being an online warrior, but lately I was playing the Expert AI Kenshi with JC and this matchup seems really bullcrap when you're fighting a high level Kenshi player.

Has anyone tried using the high boogerball to bait a reflect from Kenshi? 90% of the time from my experience it'll either go over his head or actually hit him due to it taking a little longer to get to his position.

Does anyone else have tech ideas to share for this bastard?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I know being a training mode warrior isn't much better than being an online warrior, but lately I was playing the Expert AI Kenshi with JC and this matchup seems really bullcrap when you're fighting a high level Kenshi player.

Has anyone tried using the high boogerball to bait a reflect from Kenshi? 90% of the time from my experience it'll either go over his head or actually hit him due to it taking a little longer to get to his position.

Does anyone else have tech ideas to share for this bastard?
I played around with reflect mindgames as well, once they figure out that they can just trade with you your done. Me and mike have been saying to use a lot of 11 strings due to his hitbopx, and lots of throws. Thats all we got for right now sadly.