What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage just got Konfirmed by NRS

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc..
Geez they took it down? Ok people need to settle down over there. Its a video game character reveal and character we all knew was gonna be in. They are acting like the Militaries top secret launch codes got leaked here. They treat leaks like its the ending of a book, where they know if people already know how it ends they wont buy it. If anything this is just making the legions of JC fans who were waiting for Johnnys confirmation before preordering to mash the buy button. Seriously now, NDA are in place to preserve the profitability of a product. Leaks for this game dont cost them customers, they need to settle down.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Video was took off... anyone have a different link or something?

Also, is it true they are showing off story mode as well as Johnny Cage and Kenshi?

If you don't wanna unlock the costumes through the mobile game, just wait a year until the Komplete Edition comes out and has everything :DOGE

Also, The Cagemeister being playable is kinda bittersweet. Glad to see one of my favourite characters back, but am now confused as to why Cassie is even a thing now. Here's hoping Papa and Mama Cage are only significant in the first five years of the story and the spotlight is mostly on Cassie otherwise she really would be redundant.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Video was took off... anyone have a different link or something?

Also, is it true they are showing off story mode as well as Johnny Cage and Kenshi?
The video is a pudgy guy who says that chapter 1 of story mode was playable there. He says the words "You can play as johnny cage" and he references one of Jhonnys brutality as being one of his favs.. Kenshi was already confirmed so i wasnt listening to that part.

Heres the vid. Active as of this posting.

Gamer68

Fujin!
If you don't wanna unlock the costumes through the mobile game, just wait a year until the Komplete Edition comes out and has everything :DOGE

Also, The Cagemeister being playable is kinda bittersweet. Glad to see one of my favourite characters back, but am now confused as to why Cassie is even a thing now. Here's hoping Papa and Mama Cage are only significant in the first five years of the story and the spotlight is mostly on Cassie otherwise she really would be redundant.
I don't think Johnny and Sonya being in is going to ruin Cassie's spotlight. Especially since it seems that the new characters all have big place in story mode.

I think everything will be fine. But that could just be me...

Gamer68

Fujin!
The video is a pudgy guy who says that chapter 1 of story mode was playable there. He says the words "You can play as johnny cage" and he references one of Jhonnys brutality as being one of his favs.. Kenshi was already confirmed so i wasnt listening to that part.
Okay, thanks.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
She feels totally different (as far as what they were like in 9) when you play you'll see... But yeah Cage n Sonya being in this game was almost the only sure thing after 9 ended
You played the game already? That's awesome! Did you go to an event or something? Lucky you! I'm just going by what i'm seeing, I have to try her out for myself though no doubt. She looks like a combination of Cage, Sonya and Stryker a little.

I just hope these mobile unlockable costumes will be in the komplete edition whenever that comes out or at least offer them as DLC for console people.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I think the GDC stuff is currently under NDA, someone on Neogaf mentioned they saw some stuff, but couldn't say anything yet.
So those people might not be allowed to post that interview yet.

I don't think Johnny and Sonya being in is going to ruin Cassie's spotlight. Especially since it seems that the new characters all have big place in story mode.

I think everything will be fine. But that could just be me...
Well yeah, judging by the Story trailer the New Blood take center stage for the most part. I just hope Johnny and Sonya don't stick around for longer than necessary because I really do feel that it'd diminish Cassie's role if they did.

trufenix

bye felicia
Indeed, Urbano was actually pretty chill, it wasn't a slip up, they most likely uploaded the interview ahead.

@edit

BTW, can we expect new footage from this GDC event, or is it closed?
I have no doubt this and several other interviews have been recorded that will eventually get released, but actual footage is always a question mark with NRS, they're good for keeping shit behind closed doors at a trade show and saying no one can show anything.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
If this interview was uploaded too early...

Johnny and/or Kenshi trailer tomorrow?

plz NRS?

plz?

....ok i gonna wait another week :(

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think the GDC stuff is currently under NDA, someone on Neogaf mentioned they saw some stuff, but couldn't say anything yet.
So those people might not be allowed to post that interview yet.
didn't see that, what thread was it in?

Edit: Ah Karak nevermind

trufenix

bye felicia
So for anyone unable to see the vids (/not too wrapped up in their own egos);

Story mode chapter 1 stars Johnny and is 25 years in the future.
QTEs are back, he actually mentioned changing your path so maybe they will finally have a branching story.
(Johnny), Kenshi, Jacqui, and Takeda are all playable in the build that's at GDC, so with any luck that's what they'll stream next.
Way more unlocks in MKX Mobile than Injustice, more "zany" ones than you would expect (ala Prison Superman)
He mentioned decks in Mobile, so maybe the gameplay has changed somewhat.
Tons of brutalities in game, Johnny has one off his nut punch, they're hoping we won't find them all.
No babalities or animalities.

Think that's it.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
LOL this guy... well, thanks for just making my day. Was gonna go to bed all sad that there's no news but now I got confirmation that Johnny is indeed playable. Kudos to you, sir Urbano.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
It would be rad if he still had his frame traps from 9. He was like the perfect character for me.
Huh! I bet He was! Fuck, he was so bad ass in MK Trilogy...hope he gets his old playstyle back or at least there will be something more then just f33 mixture into KP.