What's new

Johnny Cage Jean-Claude Van Damme MK1 Trailer

I watched Bloodsport yesterday. It doesn’t look like him. If I had to guess, I think it may have been a rush job. I see a lot of the base Johnny Cage model in there still. It's also worth noting there are using the same music track that they used for MK11's Johnny Cage Reveal Trailer.

I heard that they did Rambo without any photoscans and that turned out fine.

Last edited:

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
I was so disappointed when I saw the trailer. Big Bloodsport fan and JCVD Fan in general. This ingame model does not look like JCVD

Don´t understand why, Terminator looked so good and very like Arnold

Temptress

Edenian Empress
I was so disappointed when I saw the trailer. Big Bloodsport fan and JCVD Fan in general. This ingame model does not look like JCVD

Don´t understand why, Terminator looked so good and very like Arnold
Because they didn't have to reverse 3-4 decades of ageing for Terminator? NRS can't animate faces to save their lives and JCVD doesn't look like he did in the 80s/90s, so NRS' limitations when tweaking his face are very apparent.

molambo

(X ౪ X )
hello,

new to mk and the community. interested in mortal kombat 1, would like to make some friends and play some nice matches.

if you cant pre-order the premium, will it be released later on as dlc?

- R
The premium edition contains just the combat pack and Shang as a pre-order bonus. You will be able to buy those separately later on.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Because they didn't have to reverse 3-4 decades of ageing for Terminator? NRS can't animate faces to save their lives and JCVD doesn't look like he did in the 80s/90s, so NRS' limitations when tweaking his face are very apparent.
Arnold was born in 1947! JCVD was born in 1960..... now tell me again that they didn´t have to reverse 3-4 decades of ageing for Terminator ;)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Arnold was born in 1947! JCVD was born in 1960..... now tell me again that they didn´t have to reverse 3-4 decades of ageing for Terminator ;)
I think he meant that Terminator was modeled as an old man rather than classic Teminator, wheras Van Damme is supposed to be 20-something in his appearance in the game.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I really don't think deaging has anything to do with it. Term isn't the prior example here; Rambo is. In fact this is the only miss ever really. The upcoming dlc all look like their respectives, and even Omni-Man jumps out of the cartoon look very successfully.

There could be a technical situation responsible for some of it. This almost looks to me like they tried to morph the base JC model into JCVD vs having an alternative model. Term, Rambo, all upcoming DLC are all dedicated characters. This is not.

There could be a technical situation responsible for some of it. This almost looks to me like they tried to morph the base JC model into JCVD vs having an alternative model. Term, Rambo, all upcoming DLC are all dedicated characters. This is not.
I thought about this as well, but realized that Sonya, Cage, and Raiden's movie skins in MK11 turned out much better than this. Christopher Lambert legit looked like Christopher Lambert. Maybe NRS hasn't quite figured out their new engine.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I thought about this as well, but realized that Sonya, Cage, and Raiden's movie skins in MK11 turned out much better than this. Christopher Lambert legit looked like Christopher Lambert. Maybe NRS hasn't quite figured out their new engine.
Yes all of those were also on point. This is literally the only one that doesn't seem right. Granted I'm not quite as familiar with the looks of the original movie Sonya and J.C. so I probably wouldn't have noticed on them.

In this case I mostly say that because it actually looks like an alteration of the other model, like you can kind of see a little of it left or something. We don't know how they did it and how it might have differed between MK11 skins and this, so maybe it's from scratch, maybe it's not. Just know it's not as successful as all their others