What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage IS the Hero of MK

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
This is funny... Cage should be the hero since the game was first made for the character that was originally van dam but even he couldn't handle the responsibility of being that cool and thus Cage was born... So if it was not for Cage being man enough to fill van dams shoes the game would not exist...
And unless you have time traveled yourself you don't know what happens... All sorts of universes handle it differently... It has been said that this time line undid the old one...
Plus sub was not put in place to be the big hero of MK... Beating people does not =better hero... Its more about the story...

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
In the original timeline Johnny Cage comes back to life after demonstrating his resolve to the Elder Gods, is the first one to show up when Raiden gathers his warriors to fight the Deadly Alliance, and demonstrates to be the true Earthrealm champion by reuniting the forces of light in the battle of Armageddon and convincing a mad Raiden to fight for good again

In the new timeline, even if by pure luck, he is considered the champion of Earthrealm for surviving the invasion of outworld along with Sonya.
BF2 says hello.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Tarkatans are a race of jobbers lead by the biggest jobber.
They're the jobbiest. And it defies logic.
Brutal, animalistic savages with FRICKIN BLADES COMIN OUT OF THEIR FRICKIN ARMS, but they are literally the designated punching bag race in the MK universe.

100% with Mr. Metroid. There ain't no party like a Johnny Cage party 'cause a Johnny Cage party don't stop.
He's not just THE champion, he's OUR CHAMPION.

#F3ForLife

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
They needed a white guy to head up the series based on heavy Asian and alien races.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Johnny Cage is now Goku level, he is a wit but he can kick ass when really needed.
I don't see nothing bad with Cage being the Hero, and actually i like this new approach of Cage as the Hero, he is the most relaxed character so far, everyone is worried with some shit.

Also compared to Liu Kang and Kung Lao, Johnny C is one of the 3 earthrealmers capable of channeling ki to shoot a fireball. And before someone else says Sub-Zero, lets not forget that Sub is a Cryomancer, his origin is from outworld, his father imigrated to earthrealm long years ago and joined the Lin Kuei.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
U wot m8? Johnny will survive and continue to pwn all evil doers. He is aesthetic AF and slays 10/10 HBB.
Liu kang on the other hand had a dream, that dream was protecting the earthrealm from all threats and becoming its greatest fighter, he trained hard to be the best there is, but as the daily grind got in his face, he crumbled,failed and died. Johnny on the other hand is alive, he slayed sonya and divorced her to continue living his playboy life. He has a daughter who loves him more than she loves stupid bish sonya.

johnny is Alpha male of Mortal Kombat.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
U wot m8? Johnny will survive and continue to pwn all evil doers. He is aesthetic AF and slays 10/10 HBB.
Liu kang on the other hand had a dream, that dream was protecting the earthrealm from all threats and becoming its greatest fighter, he trained hard to be the best there is, but as the daily grind got in his face, he crumbled,failed and died. Johnny on the other hand is alive, he slayed sonya and divorced her to continue living his playboy life. He has a daughter who loves him more than she loves stupid bish sonya.

johnny is Alpha male of Mortal Kombat.
Άλφα male ?
Ahem!!!
Liu wins MK1, mk2, mk3, umk3, mk4, dies, comes back and slaps shang & CO, and, and, and...
Cage goes nuts in mk1, breaks nuts in mk2 and.... that's all folks.
Noone should compare hero VS comedic relief.
PS: Cage and Jax of Earthrealm are prob going to --SPOILERS-- die.
Not that it means anything (See MK9 story mode).

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
and hes a Meta-Human now permanently thanks to his direct exposure to the Jinsei

"When you got that Glow" - Johnny Leroy ?

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Άλφα male ?
Ahem!!!
Liu wins MK1, mk2, mk3, umk3, mk4, dies, comes back and slaps shang & CO, and, and, and...
Cage goes nuts in mk1, breaks nuts in mk2 and.... that's all folks.
Noone should compare hero VS comedic relief.
PS: Cage and Jax of Earthrealm are prob going to --SPOILERS-- die.
Not that it means anything (See MK9 story mode).
Problem is you are focusing on things in life that really don't matter, MK1, MK2,MK3 and all other past MK games are rusted and no longer canon.
In this new canon Raiden is like sl*ty girlfriend who noticed Liu kang's betaness and used him, when Liu found out that Raiden is going to save earth and be the hero, he got mad and tried to abuse Raiden. Little did he know Raiden wasn't cute little 16 year old girl in school dress he thought all the time. Raiden didn't even love him and electrocuted him right there and he died virgin. Raiden was now free to monkey branch and find new champion and that champion was Johnny moth************ Cage, but Cage wasn't some beta male who would fall for Raiden's sloots gonna sloot tactics. Raiden knew this as well and he changed his ways, stopped fooling people with his false visions of future and declared Johnny cage the true protector of earthrealm.

Above is nice story brah, you should copy paste and save it on 400gb harddrive so that your grandchildren can read this 40 years from now.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Problem is you are focusing on things in life that really don't matter, MK1, MK2,MK3 and all other past MK games are rusted and no longer canon.
In this new canon Raiden is like sl*ty girlfriend who noticed Liu kang's betaness and used him, when Liu found out that Raiden is going to save earth and be the hero, he got mad and tried to abuse Raiden. Little did he know Raiden wasn't cute little 16 year old girl in school dress he thought all the time. Raiden didn't even love him and electrocuted him right there and he died virgin. Raiden was now free to monkey branch and find new champion and that champion was Johnny moth************ Cage, but Cage wasn't some beta male who would fall for Raiden's sloots gonna sloot tactics. Raiden knew this as well and he changed his ways, stopped fooling people with his false visions of future and declared Johnny cage the true protector of earthrealm.

Above is nice story brah, you should copy paste and save it on 400gb harddrive so that your grandchildren can read this 40 years from now.
wtf did I just read???

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !

Well, I only answered your previous reply supposing this is a "Nerd" conversation about the MK heroes. So given that two people (us two) talk about a fantasy world (Earthrealm, Outworld) in a fantasy franchise (the MK Storyline) I assume it's only natural to focus on MK1 (1992) up what we last know MK9(2011) and be all nerd about it.
Otherwise I could easily go the natural way (everyday life) and see a guy talking about bishes, alpha males and whatever else and go "go out, take your umbrella, don't talk to strangers an eat your vegetables son".
PS: Initially I only said "He dies". Get me ?

Last edited:

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Also I loved the " @Mikemetroid likes this " on the this young guy's post.
Thank you Mike for liking a post in which someone ultimately calls me a romantic who follows non canon old mk storyline that should store a nerd post in a 400gb HD.
And as a "gramps" would say "Oh, the internet..." .

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Well, I only answered your previous reply supposing this is a "Nerd" conversation about the MK heroes. So given that two people (us two) talk about a fantasy world (Earthrealm, Outworld) in a fantasy franchise (the MK Storyline) I assume it's only natural to focus on MK1 (1992) up what we last know MK9(2011) and be all nerd about it.
Otherwise I could easily go the natural way (everyday life) and see a guy talking about bishes, alpha males and whatever else and go "go out, talk your umbrella, don't talk to strangers an eat your vegetables son".
PS: Initially I only said "He dies". Get me ?
See brah, you don't get it. MK1 never happened, MK (2011) is a reboot. It is true that Liu kang defeated shang tsung and other big hitters but he died screaming.

Johnny kicked shinnok's bony arse and lived to be crowned earth's champion.

All hail Johnny our aesthetic champion :cool: