What's new

Johnny Cage Guide Feedback

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
The way I understand it, its only used for reach. If you guess right, you've covered alot of ground and closed distance quickly, with the opponent being knocked down. You would have to punish an unlikely far whiff, possibly slow projectile, jump a fast forward moving move, anticipated a vertical projectile such as Sektor's up missile or Shang's Up and Down Skulls when they are outside range. Could you use it to cover ground as a meaty attack, might be worth a test.

Eclipse kick is great to add on damage when you have your opponent in a corner combo.
If in the corner, I think you might be better off with E shadow flip, does more damage from the flip and uppercut.

I can't remember, but does Enhanced shadow kick, push the opponent even further to the corner than regular shadow kick when done in combo off BP, FP, F+BP, dash, BK, BK, ... ? If so, there's another reason to use it, position leway.

I like EX nut punch for some midscreen combos...mainly 2,1,f+2 since there's no way to land the normal version there. The timing is very tight against female ninjas, though, so I probably wouldn't try it on them.

And I always go with shadow kick over flashkick in combos if that's the choice. Flashkick only does something like 0.5% more with damage scaling, and you can't even move around before the opponent gets up. With shadow kick you can set up some zoning at least.

Zebster

How's my volume?
I like EX nut punch for some midscreen combos...mainly 2,1,f+2 since there's no way to land the normal version there. The timing is very tight against female ninjas, though, so I probably wouldn't try it on them.

And I always go with shadow kick over flashkick in combos if that's the choice. Flashkick only does something like 0.5% more with damage scaling, and you can't even move around before the opponent gets up. With shadow kick you can set up some zoning at least.
See the problem with that is that with the shadow kick, you are left nearly across the screen from the opponent which Cage never wants to happen, because not only does it take a lot of work for Cage to get in most of the time, most of his game is up close rushdown. With the flash kick you are right next to the opponent and you can keep up the pressure.

You can simply use 2,1,f+2 dash f+3 xx nut punch 25%. Works against every character. 3% Loss from the shadow kick. Remember, all the opportunity nut punch gives for pressure(chip and meter) is much better than the few % flip kick or shadow kick gives.

Also the difference between shadow kick and flip kick(in knockdown) is that Shadow kick creates a long knockdown period while flip kick is an instant get up. Unless enhanced, flip kick in a long combo will actually allow others to get up and punish you before you get the chance to recover from your own flip.

Edit: What I meant by the knockdown is that the flip kick will not cause a bounce but shadow kick will still have the across the screen push animation.

Jay9k

Noob
j1 > f+4 > dash > 2 > dash > 2 > 21 > 44 > flash kick (37%)

still tryin to get (40%) meterless >.>

redeyes

Button Masher
Tom you left in a typo in the combo "*+HIT LEVEL:M,M,M(overhead) - 3 hit string that launches. safe on block. last hit is an overhead so it must be blocked sanding."

it says sanding not standing.

Jay9k

Noob
ok i just started to do air to air anti air combos with my characters and since cage is my main i found one with him

j1 > dash > 1 > dash > 1 > dash > 4,4 > nutpunch 18% its kinda hard to do you could just do

j1 > dash > 4,4 > nutpunch 14% yeah but anyways its all about getting that nutpunch what do u guys think?