What's new

Johnny Cage 3rd tournament variation

Error404

Noob
I'm more interested in just how much yoy can do with these new forceballs. Though I 'm away until the end of the week.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Remember when Jax was top 3 because d1 shenanigans? I see a pattern boys

No one talks about Jax anymore lul

For those that didn't watch it last night Sonic streamed. I watched most of this while labbing but I want to check it out again today.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
My initial thoughts are that the forceballs are used for keepaway, you use rising star on block to be safe like Cassie's glow kick, and you just shimmy the fuck outta them. I like this variation a lot. Actually he plays a lot like DS Cassie now.

My initial thoughts are that the forceballs are used for keepaway, you use rising star on block to be safe like Cassie's glow kick, and you just shimmy the fuck outta them. I like this variation a lot. Actually he plays a lot like DS Cassie now.
Me too.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Forceballs biggest utility is combo extensions in the corner. He can get close to 40% in the corner for 2 bars now.
Will upload the combo videos soon.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
For those that didn't watch it last night Sonic streamed. I watched most of this while labbing but I want to check it out again today.

Sonic is so hard to watch. Kid can be so spazzy.

He did explain why he thinks Outtake is so good though. He can be super lame. That forceball is no joke at full screen. He did also mention that it forces opponents to come in and "play footsies against sonic fox"...Yes he referred to himself in the third person. Outtake may actually compliment Cage's core game play. Time will tell.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Aren't most his strings safe and hit comfortable anyway? So why use the bar to make strings safe like cassie does?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Sonic is so hard to watch. Kid can be so spazzy.
BITCH

C'MERE BITCH

BITCH

WATCH THE READ, WATCH THE READ, WATCH THE READ, WATCH THE READ

C'MERE BITCH

FUCK YOU BITCH

I love watching him play, but you're so right. It's a fucking chore watching his stream. It always seems like whoever he is playing is so sick of his nonstop chatter, but just deals with it because they're getting sets with the best NRS player in the world and leveling up. The handle said Scar last night, but it sounded just like DJT on the mic, but either way....they seemed done.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Aren't most his strings safe and hit comfortable anyway? So why use the bar to make strings safe like cassie does?
The pushback sets up much more effective shimmy situations as opposed to the standard strings. Some characters (Cassie for instance) can basically b2 check (the advancing elbow) every time. This is most likely not the case with amp uppercut

I could see variation 3 taking the footsie aspect to the next level. Plus, having d1 shenanigans is cancer. Who the fk likes Jax d1 bf2 amp or Black Adam's d1 lightning. AND OMG FUCKING SUPERGIRL D1 FREEZE

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
This variation is fucking awesome dudes. D4 Rising Star, peeps in the Kombat league better be fucking ready for this shit.