What's new

Johnny Cage 3rd tournament variation

For those asking why you would uppercut amp, it is because you are creating another stagger point that is safe and does chip at the same time. And for that meter you use it can only increase in damage potential if they tried to press a button or move and makes it your turn again. It's the exact same thing Cassie had. Her strings were also largely safe, but when you can randomly say fuck it tack on an amp special to a stagger it is very strong.

Not to mention using it on a poke as well for the same reasons. This is a very unique property.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
All gerases do d4 on block into sand trap all day and get away with it clean without bar because of the pushback :))

For those asking why you would uppercut amp, it is because you are creating another stagger point that is safe and does chip at the same time. And for that meter you use it can only increase in damage potential if they tried to press a button or move and makes it your turn again. It's the exact same thing Cassie had. Her strings were also largely safe, but when you can randomly say fuck it tack on an amp special to a stagger it is very strong.

Not to mention using it on a poke as well for the same reasons. This is a very unique property.
So it's gonna be nerfed right. Even though whiffs on like every fucking string? But sonya can keep her insane projectiles and 5050s geras can can have 5050 KB and insane safety throws loops and okis and a command grab. Kitana get 3 new KBs 5050s into full kombo ot stagger staggers for days and low profiling zoning and an air projectile and insane dmg. But oh no! Johnny has a whiffing stagger and 0 krushing blows and broken projectiles! Oh my FUCK johnny SSSSSSMOKIN SEXY STYLE TIER NERF NERF NERF!

The double standard is fucking unreal. absolutely fucking unreal.

Error404

Noob
Finallly got around to trying the new patch & Outtake.

It's pretty decent. As long as you don't run yourself out of bar while doing d1 x RS too much. Forceballs are very good , definetely add to the character.

I'd say it's a good compliment to Show Stopper and I'll be using it mainly going forward.

M.D.

So far kitana and kang don't care much about projectiles. If they desire just to trade, they can trade all day, you can't outzone them.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
You know what?
I fucking love this variation. No more Kabal doing instant air j2 low saw toss like a sperm cell over and over, I've always despised lame ass play and this variation has the potential to outlame the lamers. It's incredible.
Still not top 5 btw, you know.. with all the whiffing..? .. slow mid? no KBs?

M.D.

Ok.

I am literally going insane. How come nobody is talking about this? Am I the only one with this problem?

121 done "dial" style becomes not special cancelable.

Look at my inputs on the right, they're done perfectly all 4 times.

Yet, if I input 121 as fast as possible, it doesn't special cancel. W T FFFFF

I am used to do this as fast as possible because when doing combos I just spill input the string instantly and then cancel the special at my leisure when watching the screen. I've been doing this in mk9 and mkx forever, but only HERE it does NOT WORK.

You have no ideea how many matches I've lost because I've dropped the ender after 121 because it didn't come out (last one being just 1 minute ago where I also got teabagged after so I ragequit ffs).

WWWWWWWWWW TTTTT FFFFFFF I CANT TAKE IT ANNY MORE

Cp912

Noob
The new tournament variation for Johnny will feature fixed arching forceballs , and rising star.

From the stream footage we can see that, low forceball will always hit standing opponents , and provide you with a mid projectile from half-screen onwards. On the topic of "pressure" , well , forceball pressure has always been awful in MK11 , so who cares really.

Rising star is amazing. Anti-airs for combos , extends corner combos, gives safe extensions to your strings. It could probably extend NP KB combos further , though I haven't labbed it.

D1 into safe special that can't be jabbed is incredible . It will further improve post NP pressure and let you get away with D1 throw.

Overall , I think this will be either his best variation , or at the very least be on parr with Show Stopper. Shock Jock will probably eat shit forever after MK2 Johnny drops.

What do you think?
I can't get anywhere with show stopper I like shock jock
But definitely happy about #3 variation

M.D.

That post was pre patch where rising star was 7 frames and still comboed RIP

Still, this is the best variation in the entire game to play to shove fundamentals down your neck.
You will literally lose non stop until you get it in your head how spacing works, throwing out normals and making reads.

Definitively gonna play it non stop just to improve my basics.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
121 done "dial" style becomes not special cancelable
I think this is something new. I do some extremely ballsy shit in the corner where i jump-in 2 into 121 nutpunch (regardless of block or hit LOL). It works so well against mashers. But I've always been able to input 121 as fast as possible and get the np ender

M.D.

I think this is something new. I do some extremely ballsy shit in the corner where i jump-in 2 into 121 nutpunch (regardless of block or hit LOL). It works so well against mashers. But I've always been able to input 121 as fast as possible and get the np ender
For me it hasn't been working since day1. I was ranting about it since then but nobody cared :(

Error404

Noob
Loving the higher damage from b2 in the corner. B2 , 34 amp+f db2 , 2 , 121 shadow kick is 36%. Or you can do NP for 1% less and a mix up.