What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage 1.12

Disasterpiese

it's not over when you lose, it'over when you quit
Improved hitbox standing 1 anti airs great

Whiffing issues fixed in stunt double: 113 rising shadow didnt hit on females and males if you had your back against the camera

Alist and fisticuffs brutality made easier

Really like the down3 nobody expects it

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
Also since Cage's D3 is 7 frames now, 114 in the corner combos into D3 Nut/EX Nut and it makes F24 into F24 nut punch more consistent in SD and Fisticuffs.
How much have you tested this? The 114, d3 I mean. I can't get it to work against females or males depending on stances. Doesn't seem reliable to me.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
How much have you tested this? The 114, d3 I mean. I can't get it to work against females or males depending on stances. Doesn't seem reliable to me.
It's not the most reliable thing. I didn't test it out much, was focusing on other cage related things, but I did it in the starting stances and I got it like I want to say 5/10, It is a tough link but it's not like it's the end of the world if you miss it. I think this is good against those who are conditioned to let go of block on the 4 in 114 assuming you get the timing down. But I'll definitely test it out more to see if it does hit the smaller hitbox characters.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
It's not the most reliable thing. I didn't test it out much, was focusing on other cage related things, but I did it in the starting stances and I got it like I want to say 5/10, It is a tough link but it's not like it's the end of the world if you miss it. I think this is good against those who are conditioned to let go of block on the 4 in 114 assuming you get the timing down. But I'll definitely test it out more to see if it does hit the smaller hitbox characters.
Seems very unconsistent, but it's an option!

What I like to do to catch people trying to move after 11 is 114 flipkick. I do 114 db and if I see they let go block, I press 4. Then d1 into combo.
Or the same with 113.

These first days I'm seeing the d3 as a nice option to force people to crouch while speedbag "pressuring". So they get opened up for the f2 easily. Also, the fear for the bumped throw is real, and people is getting more impatient while you speedbag them and they tend to open their defense more often.

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Honestly I feel that the move is still broke, lol d4 should be used the way Ive been using it since prepatch and thats to whiff punish forward advancing moves
I don't normally do that because i sometimes still get beat by mids. Bad timing on my part probably.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
I don't normally do that because i sometimes still get beat by mids. Bad timing on my part probably.
yeah, its really good because I find that often using f3/11/12 doesnt stuff normals but if you do a d4 on them advancing on you, your low hurtbox and far reaching hitbox is enough to stuff them and grant you dat juicy advantage to start your offense. I think thats one of the reason that makes johnny so scary. When he spaces you out he can easily walk back and stuff your offense to start his (which we all know how fucked it is)

Improved hitbox standing 1 anti airs great

Whiffing issues fixed in stunt double: 113 rising shadow didnt hit on females and males if you had your back against the camera

Alist and fisticuffs brutality made easier

Really like the down3 nobody expects it
Does standing 1 really anti air better!?!?

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
Come on Mike :)
It's still a very, VERY strong conditioning tool. Once I get rolling with d4/f3/f2 game it's really pissing off my opponents and making them use armors - easily baitable.

In my opinion it works better
I think it's still the same. The problem is the priorities. Standing jabs are a bitch to use 100% consistently to AA, especially against some bullshit like sub-zero's JIP. That' why I prefer to time ex nutpunches properly to AA if possible.