What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage 1.12

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Here are the changes that I found after a short session in practice:

1) d3 is now 7f, -9 on block

I don't know why they gave us a 7f d3 only to make it punishable on block, considering anyone else in the roster has a 7f or 6f poke now (except Liu). No point in making it punishable, Mileena gets a free roll after any blocked d3 (except at max range).
I think d1 is still our way to go to escape pressure

2) ji2 hitbox is slightly better

We are now able to hit some duck blocking characters more consistently, like Cassie, Sub and Kano. It's still a bad jump in but at least it works better, thanks NRS

3) Fistbump is a bit faster

I don't know how fast it is exactly, the startup of this move is not present in the frame data...but I'm sure it's not a great buff, since it still takes a while and I don't think Fisticuff gets any new setup to activate the buff safely (but I hope I'm wrong)

4) During the fistbump power up, every hit of b12121212 does 3% instead of 2% and JC throw does 17%

Good buffs, after fistbump Johnny gets much more damage and a simple combo like b1212121xxEXNut, 12, 12, 12, f3xxnut does 38%.

Do you like these changes? discuss

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

I don't know why they gave us a 7f d3 only to make it punishable on block, considering anyone else in the roster has a 7f or 6f poke now. No point in making it punishable, Mileena gets a free roll after any blocked d3 (except at max range).

We are now able to hit some duck blocking characters more consistently, like Cassie, Sub and Kano. It's still a bad jump in but at least it works better, thanks NRS

I don't know how fast it is exactly, the startup of this move is not present in the frame data...but I'm sure it's not a great buff, since it still takes a while and I don't think Fisticuff gets any new setup to activate the buff safely (but I hope I'm wrong)

4) During the fistbump power up, every hit of b12121212 does 3% instead of 2% and JC throw does 17%

Good buffs, after fistbump Johnny gets much more damage and a simple combo like b1212121xxEXNut, 12, 12, 12, f3xxnut does 38%.

Unless it changed, Quan's d1 is -9 and it's seldom full punished.

I'm sure Cage will be okay.

Asodimazze

Yeah Cage will be fine, no doubt. Overall it's a good patch for him.
I'm just disappointed about Fisticuffs, he still looks 100% useless

I don't know why they gave us a 7f d3 only to make it punishable on block, considering anyone else in the roster has a 7f or 6f poke now. No point in making it punishable, Mileena gets a free roll after any blocked d3 (except at max range).

just one question, man. how is it you already have xl? lol.

b2 fistbump still out? anyway you can activate after f24 in a juggle but you give up the nutpunch. you can also d4 (on hit) fistibump safely now, supposedly.

and lastly, how much does b12121212np do with fistbump active? thanks man

Asodimazze

just one question, man. how is it you already have xl? lol.

b2 fistbump still out? anyway you can activate after f24 in a juggle but you give up the nutpunch. you can also d4 (on hit) fistibump safely now, supposedly.

and lastly, how much does b12121212np do with fistbump active? thanks man
I don't have XL, the patch with the changes is out anyone can download it.

B2 can't be cancelled anymore.
b12121212xxNutpunch is 26% with fistbump active

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Few things...

Johnny's 7 frame d3 feels more responsive now, and doesnt seem to have that "long recovery" feeling it used to have. I dont think you'll see many people punishing this move either with anything other than a down poke. No biggy...We need to find ways to abuse it.

In SD, I couldnt hit my mid screen, 2 mimic X-Ray anymore. I need to know if I'm just out of practice, or something has changed. I didnt have enough time to mess with it this morning. Here's the combo I use: F24~MRS, Run, F3~MRS, Run F3(or S2)~X-Ray. I tried it like 10 times and never got it.

He does in fact have a new throw Brutality. I think you need to throw 2 or 3 times during the match and then finish them off with a throw to use it.

For anyone wonder about his Pit Fatality inputs, I believe its BFBF1

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Few things...

Johnny's 7 frame d3 feels more responsive now, and doesnt seem to have that "long recovery" feeling it used to have. I dont think you'll see many people punishing this move either with anything other than a down poke. No biggy...We need to find ways to abuse it.

In SD, I couldnt hit my mid screen, 2 mimic X-Ray anymore. I need to know if I'm just out of practice, or something has changed. I didnt have enough time to mess with it this morning. Here's the combo I use: F24~MRS, Run, F3~MRS, Run F3(or S2)~X-Ray. I tried it like 10 times and never got it.

He does in fact have a new throw Brutality. I think you need to throw 2 or 3 times during the match and then finish them off with a throw to use it.

For anyone wonder about his Pit Fatality inputs, I believe its BFBF1
Im not at home but i used that combo too

The timing i use to do was after the first F3MRs was fwd dash cancel and then cancel the law few frames of Dash into F3MRS and i got it consistently ill try when i get home

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I expected that d3 to be -5 or -6...but -9? Man...

Anyway, downloading the patch right now, anxious to test.

ismael4790

Speedbag whiffing inconsistencies are still here. Guess it was too much to ask that the signature move of the variation worked correctly...

First test, bumped Fisticuffs, 42%meterless corner. 47% one bar. Not even optimized. Breh.

Seems Fistbump doubles chip of all attacks, except of Speedbag ones, which is triple!
The chip has indeed been decreased in general. Bumped standing 1 used to do 1% of chip, now it does 0.8%.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think Alist F3(4) RCs and Stunt Double Straight mimic should of being made +9

obviously also with the same treatment for kangs and Dvorahs blockstrings imo

Folux182

Noob
Speedbag whiffing inconsistencies are still here. Guess it was too much to ask that the signature move of the variation worked correctly...

First test, bumped Fisticuffs, 42%meterless corner. 47% one bar. Not even optimized. Breh.

Seems Fistbump doubles chip of all attacks, except of Speedbag ones, which is triple!
The chip has indeed been decreased in general. Bumped standing 1 used to do 1% of chip, now it does 0.8%.

If you don't mind me asking, is d4 to fistbump safe? And what combo led you to the 42% meterless? I'm out of the country otherwise I'd be testing it myself haha

ismael4790

If you don't mind me asking, is d4 to fistbump safe? And what combo led you to the 42% meterless? I'm out of the country otherwise I'd be testing it myself haha
d4~fistbump if the d4 hitted was semisafe prepatch, so I think now it is completely safe. On block it is unsafe, just tried and Kung Lao punishes easily.

Cancel advantage of d4 seems to have changed, or the new -6 on block is causing this, but d4 into mimic sk is not a blockstring anymore for Stunt Double. @IrishMantis

f24, b12 (4 times) then b12121212 nutpunch does 42% for Fisticuffs bumped in the corner.