What's new

jax's F413 frame advantage bug

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
My thoughts:

It's hard to take the video seriously when you say that Jax is randomly +10 on frame advantage some times. Where did you get that information? Do you realize how long 10 frames is?

When I watch the video all I can think is the messed up block system is being demonstrated here. Depending on when the opponent releases block he might be -1 neutral or +1 which is common knowledge.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Random Fact about the move: If you get the random frame adv. off of f413 you get some crazy meter off of it. I think three reps gets you one bar of tasty meter. That's pretty godlike.

Somberness

Lights
My thoughts:

It's hard to take the video seriously when you say that Jax is randomly +10 on frame advantage some times. Where did you get that information? Do you realize how long 10 frames is?

When I watch the video all I can think is the messed up block system is being demonstrated here. Depending on when the opponent releases block he might be -1 neutral or +1 which is common knowledge.
10 frames is about a quarter of a jump animation. This has nothing to do with block system, what's happening here is when the normal block animation is over, your character is forced into another short standing block animation. Even if you are holding down, you'll still stand. It actually does not matter when you let go of block, just for how long you are holding it down... just a tip to avoid that problem.

My thoughts:

i did not count the frames for this but i said the bug is +10 on block because jax can do f4 after the bug and if you are trying to jump right after it jax's f4 will hit you before the first frame of your jump in other words jax's f4 will hit you before you are in the air . . . this tells me the bug most be like +10 on block because jax f4 has 9 startup frames

shura30

Shura
if my eyes didn't betray me, it should happen when the crouching block breathing animation is in the lowest position (you can see this in the last part of the video)
so the knee attack will whiff some active frames that won't be added to the whole recovery phase

that is where you should get the "bug" advantage