What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I have problem after 11 they always poke, should i block and counter poke or risk and try 11 oh dp? And why its hard for me to do 124cg? Its always 124 gg somehow
After 11 you are +2 so you can poke everyone since his d1 is 7 frames without the advantage. You can also mix it up with 11, gotcha since its a blockstring. 11,ohdp is pretty risky but if they are poke happy you can do it aswell. 111 is -9 and grants only a knockdown so its pretty risky and you usually loose your turn if its blocked.
If it comes to 124 command grab, be sure to slide your finger to f while doing the dbf motion. Im sure you just press 124,db1 instead of 124,dbf1. Practice makes perfect ( I still fuck up this motion to be honest).

After 11 you are +2 so you can poke everyone since his d1 is 7 frames without the advantage. You can also mix it up with 11, gotcha since its a blockstring. 11,ohdp is pretty risky but if they are poke happy you can do it aswell. 111 is -9 and grants only a knockdown so its pretty risky and you usually loose your turn if its blocked.
If it comes to 124 command grab, be sure to slide your finger to f while doing the dbf motion. Im sure you just press 124,db1 instead of 124,dbf1. Practice makes perfect ( I still fuck up this motion to be honest).
The hardest is d12 cg for me, i use these
123wave or gf, 12d3cg, 11,11d1, 11 d3 124cg etc b3 wave

Guys somehow u have hard time playing with jax online, i main jac and i play with him better than with hqt bur somehow i win more games with predator because online scrubs don't know how to deal with cancels and zoning, but whenever i pick jax i mess up with mixups, i go 11 they poke me , or i go 124 and instead of cg in corner i do gg, i lost to reptile so hard with jac i don't know how, is that overhead string reptile safe on block or what? Damn i am angry, jac guys unite, btw Wrestler is the variation i use.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Guys somehow u have hard time playing with jax online, i main jac and i play with him better than with hqt bur somehow i win more games with predator because online scrubs don't know how to deal with cancels and zoning, but whenever i pick jax i mess up with mixups, i go 11 they poke me , or i go 124 and instead of cg in corner i do gg, i lost to reptile so hard with jac i don't know how, is that overhead string reptile safe on block or what? Damn i am angry, jac guys unite, btw Wrestler is the variation i use.
124xxgg instrad of cg is just u messing up. Practice. If ur opponent is poke happy after 11 just d1 or armor after it. That would make them consider pokeing everytime. Reptiles b2(overhead) is safe.

124xxgg instrad of cg is just u messing up. Practice. If ur opponent is poke happy after 11 just d1 or armor after it. That would make them consider pokeing everytime. Reptiles b2(overhead) is safe.
Any tips against reptile, for sure i can't zone him

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Guys i really need help how to preform d12 into command grab?
U have been asking this for a long time. I will sai this one more time. Buffer. Go to practice and don't leave there before u get it. Do it ten times in a row and only then u are allowed to switch to another side of screen and do it ten time a row again. Practice.

Jax thread is really dead, no videos, he is underused, i dob't knwo why, i still think he is really good character, i love wrestler, too bad Jupiter don't play anymore, was my favourite beside Tyrant before with crazy cancels...btw i can't find matchup, what is Jax worst nightmare?

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Jax thread is really dead, no videos, he is underused, i dob't knwo why, i still think he is really good character, i love wrestler, too bad Jupiter don't play anymore, was my favourite beside Tyrant before with crazy cancels...btw i can't find matchup, what is Jax worst nightmare?
I main jax (HW) i still think he's awesome. The thread is dead because i think almost if not everything that could be found about jax has already been found mainly because he is a pretty straight forward character.
His worst match ups in my experience are GM sub & Shinnok those are 6-4 match ups. He sort of struggles with female hurt box issues buts its mainly a hurt box thing than a specific bad match up in my experience.

I main jax (HW) i still think he's awesome. The thread is dead because i think almost if not everything that could be found about jax has already been found mainly because he is a pretty straight forward character.
His worst match ups in my experience are GM sub & Shinnok those are 6-4 match ups. He sort of struggles with female hurt box issues buts its mainly a hurt box thing than a specific bad match up in my experience.
so if u know everything about jax can u post optimal post patch 1 bar corner combos with damage ?

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
so if u know everything about jax can u post optimal post patch 1 bar corner combos with damage ?
Lol i didn't say i know everything about Jax even tho i think i do - for historical record sake i never actually said that. But sure i will help you.

Your first problem is your spending a bar of meter in the corner - i personally think as jax does pretty good meterless combo in the corner you should be saving your bar for armour breaking, breakers and mid screen combos.

Universal combos of over head and low starters are as follows:

low- B34 OHP (overhead punch) 11 11 F212 124 GOTCHA GRAB
overhead- B2 OHP 11 11 F212 124 GOTCHA

if you let me know what variation you mainly play ill give you specific combos but those are optimal