What's new

Jax Frame Data

DrDogg

Noob
Here's what I've done so far. It's only execution frames for the time being, but once I get a friend to help I'll be able to do block/hit frames.

As always with manually done frame data, some things may be slightly off due to various issues such as human error, data capture error, etc. But I try to make this as accurate as possible.

Projectiles are based on close proximity, and execution frames may vary with character hit box size.

Once I have all of the frame data completed, I'll put it in an easy to read format.

Attack - Execution Frames

1 - 8
2 - 14
3 - 17
4 - 26

d+1 - 6
d+2 - 7
d+3 - 7
d+4 - 12
b+1 - 15
b+4 - 22

f+3 - 24
f+4 - 9

Throw - 10

Combos

1,2,3 - 8
b+1,2,4 - 15
2,1 - 14
2,2 - 14
2,f+2,b+1 - 14
f+4,1,3 - 9
f+4,1,4 - 9

Specials

d,b+2 - 23
d,f+2 - 12
d,b+3 - 41
d,f+3 - 41
d,b,f+3 - 41
d,f+1 - 11
d,b+1 - 15
d,u+4 - 28
Air Throw - 9

EX Specials

d,b+2 - 23
d,f+2 - 13
d,b+3 - 48
d,f+1 - 11
d,b+1 - 15
d,u+4 - 26

X-Ray - 36

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Some of this data warrants additional testing on my side, as I don't quite agree with some of this. f+4 looks a lot slower than 9 frames. His jab at 8 looks right though, as it is very fast. My biggest surprise is d,f+1 being FASTER than d,f+2, the reason being that 2,f+2 on a crouching opponent will combo to d,f+2, but not to d,f+1. I'm going to have to look into this and see whether d,f+1 misses due to it being too fast and the opponent is still ducking or is the data wrong and d,f+2 is in fact faster. If d,f+1 truly is faster, it is the choice punisher when jabs are barely out of range.

Notable basics:
Air throw at 9 is very respectable.
7 frame uppercut makes it a good punisher against cage flip kick.
d+1 is a bit faster than what I thought. I would have expected d+3 to be faster than d+1.
The sweep is slow. Still worth using, but slow.
1,2 cancel combos to d,u+4 on hit. That means 1,2 cancel gives at least 26 frames on hit.
d,b+1 is slow. Uppercut for anti air.
Fireball/Pound are UBER SLOW.

DrDogg

Noob
Feel free to test all you like. I'm fairly confident in my numbers. If anything is incorrect, it would only be by 1 or 2 frames (relative to the other character's frame data).

I always thought f+4 was fast because it's difficult to buffer in the overhead smash. I actually find it easier to use the negative edge system instead of a traditional cancel method (one of the few good uses for the negative edge system).

retic

Noob
hi there.

I've played against a jax user online and I find it very hard to deal with the strigns taht start with f4; he'd often do f4, du4 (elbow smash) or he'd lock me with fd,1,3/4. Is there a window that I can punish Jax when he's doing that string? or are these shenanigans only valid for online play?

I use reptile btw...and yep, I do not know the Jax MU nor have I played against many (good) Jax players.

thanks ;)

DrDogg

Noob
hi there.

I've played against a jax user online and I find it very hard to deal with the strigns taht start with f4; he'd often do f4, du4 (elbow smash) or he'd lock me with fd,1,3/4. Is there a window that I can punish Jax when he's doing that string? or are these shenanigans only valid for online play?

I use reptile btw...and yep, I do not know the Jax MU nor have I played against many (good) Jax players.

thanks ;)
That strategy is pretty much only valid online. Offline the Overhead Smash (d,u+4) is blocked on reaction with relative ease. Most of the people I play against block low against Jax until they see the the Overhead Smash coming, then they stand block.

What is "fd,1,3/4"?

retic

Noob
sorry. meant f4,1,3/4 (the string which starts with a low). a naked smash, I can block without issues but if started with a f4, thats when i start struggling. since you mentioned this is only "viable online", i guess i shouldn't worry too much. but just curious; if Jax does a f4, du4 string, can he be knocked of his elbow smash, assuming the f4 has been blocked low?

thanks

Somberness

Lights
• The enhanced dash punch is slightly faster and goes farther

It doesn't explicitly say the active frames start earlier but it might be something to check out.

LEGEND

YES!
sorry. meant f4,1,3/4 (the string which starts with a low). a naked smash, I can block without issues but if started with a f4, thats when i start struggling. since you mentioned this is only "viable online", i guess i shouldn't worry too much. but just curious; if Jax does a f4, du4 string, can he be knocked of his elbow smash, assuming the f4 has been blocked low?

thanks
even online its pretty easy to interrupt F4 DU4, blocking it shouldn't be a problem unless the lag is beyond terrible

if you see the overhead smash coming you should be able to reaction Elbow Dash

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I'm sure Somberness will do Jax eventually. Collecting frame data takes a hell of a lot of time I imagine.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Does anyone know how many frames it takes for Jax to recover after a canceled into dash groundpound?

I'm getting ready to try and do the frame data for Jax (complete breakdown) but its my first time doing ANY frame data. So i was curious if anyone could help me or possible test my numbers after I get them down?