What's new

Combo List - Jax Jax Combo Thread

Shake

Noob
Is it possible to do the overhead ex dash punch - run - f21-11-f21-gotcha grab off of just an ex overhead dash punch? I'm trying it and may be failing because its a lot harder to input the run super fast since you don't have the extra time you get by canceling a normal into the dash punch, but can anyone confirm that its possible so I can stop practicing it if it isnt?

The combo would just be:

overhead ex dash punch - run - f21-11-f21-gotcha grab

Also curious about B3~overhead ex dash punch - run - f21-11-f21-gotcha grab

Voodoo

Smack it up, flip it and rub it down.
Is it possible to do the overhead ex dash punch - run - f21-11-f21-gotcha grab off of just an ex overhead dash punch? I'm trying it and may be failing because its a lot harder to input the run super fast since you don't have the extra time you get by canceling a normal into the dash punch, but can anyone confirm that its possible so I can stop practicing it if it isnt?

The combo would just be:

overhead ex dash punch - run - f21-11-f21-gotcha grab

Also curious about B3~overhead ex dash punch - run - f21-11-f21-gotcha grab
Yeah it works

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Do you guys think Jax's midscreen is worth using online?
Considering it's difficulty coupled with the online lag, I've just been using 50/50 into gotcha grabs until I gottem in the corner where I just go HAM.

Do you guys think Jax's midscreen is worth using online?
Considering it's difficulty coupled with the online lag, I've just been using 50/50 into gotcha grabs until I gottem in the corner where I just go HAM.
watching tyrant on stream the other day he wasn't even hitting jax midscreen locally never mind online

How do u guys land dash punch overhead after b2?
I just started messing around with Jax.

I didn't have much luck buffering the inputs. The b3 into dash overhead is way more bufferable. It looks like you have to wait until the last frames of b2 to do the special cancel (when his arm goes down and actually hits the opponent). Try doing b2, waiting for the hit, and canceling into an easier move like db2 or bf4 to see the timing and where you need to do the cancel. Once you have the timing for those down, try it with bf2. You need to wait for the b2 to connect, then do the full input. So I do b2 (wait for it to hit) bf2d into the combo.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So I have no idea if this has been discussed (I'm sure it has), but standing 2 is a great anti-air. Standing 1 sucks, unlike in MK9. Anyway, here's an anti-air combo using no meter for 31%:

Anti-air standing 2, f+2,1, 1,1, f+2,1xxGotcha Grab

Drecker

GET CITY.
Quick little one-bar midscreen Rocket cancel video I threw together showcasing decent damage and extremely corner-carrying combos. These are super match practical and honestly pretty important if you want to get the most out of Heavy Weapons.

Edit: You can -sort of- buffer the run by plinking db2~block xx dash, but if you're not smooth you'll go straight into a block or end up EX'ing the rocket. I recommend trying both to figure out what's easiest for you, but I personally don't bother buffering.

eNARV

Capital Punishment
Quick little one-bar midscreen Rocket cancel video I threw together showcasing decent damage and extremely corner-carrying combos. These are super match practical and honestly pretty important if you want to get the most out of Heavy Weapons.

Edit: You can -sort of- buffer the run by plinking db2~block xx dash, but if you're not smooth you'll go straight into a block or end up EX'ing the rocket. I recommend trying both to figure out what's easiest for you, but I personally don't bother buffering.
You can also do 123 RockCancel-run-123ExOverhead DashP-run-F3-DashP. And Tyrant also said he has a 41% midscreen using this rocket cancel method?? I gotta know what that combo is...

Drecker

GET CITY.
You can also do 123 RockCancel-run-123ExOverhead DashP-run-F3-DashP. And Tyrant also said he has a 41% midscreen using this rocket cancel method?? I gotta know what that combo is...
Yeah, I mentioned the 123 cancel in the video description. Sadly PC hasn't been patched for it and 123 isn't a cancelable string yet so I can't record it :(

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
In the PC version you can link b3~rocket cancel~jp1 so I can imagine you can get 40%+ pretty easily with a initial jump in. Like I said i am PC so who knows if this is even in most recent patch.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I just don't understand the timing on doing MB.bf2d-Run-f21. I'll do it 5 or 10 times in a row, and then miss it 20 to 30 times, then get it down, then lose it. Does Jax have any decent damage that doesn't require this dumb-ass shit?

P.S. And that's in offline practice. I straight-up cry when I think about trying to do that online.

I just don't understand the timing on doing MB.bf2d-Run-f21. I'll do it 5 or 10 times in a row, and then miss it 20 to 30 times, then get it down, then lose it. Does Jax have any decent damage that doesn't require this dumb-ass shit?

P.S. And that's in offline practice. I straight-up cry when I think about trying to do that online.
You're better off doing a f3 superman. I can hit the F21 consistently and I still do the F3 superman because I KNOW i can hit that one every single time.

However, if you still want to be more consistent with the first combo mentioned then you should probably work on inputting your run faster. If you're having trouble connecting the f21 portion, you're either facing a female character or you're not buffering the run cancel fast enough during the bf2d. The next phase is the 11, i suggest practicing f21,11,f21,11,f21 etc and get the timing PERFECT before you try to apply it to the combo. If you do the 11 too fast it won't come out. Likewise, if you do the f21 after the 11 too fast, it won't come out.

Practice doing this combo instead and then transition to the f21 version. F12**, bf2d, f21, 11, f21
This makes the gap after your bf2d less far.

Last edited:

Jax mid screen combos are hard to master. You will not just pick up jax and win easy.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Billy Young Oh nice, I'll have to try f3. And yeah, I was practicing on Mileena. I had it down against Kano, but when I switched to Mileena is when it would go from 100% to 0% consistency for periods of 10-20 consecutive tries. After playing Jacqui, I've got my run cancels down. I figured out the problem on Kano was I was actually doing the f21 too soon, so I slowed everything down a bit and it became super easy. On Mileena, though, there was no adjustment I could make that would make it more consistence; it just seemed to be totally random whether or not it would connect.

@tjcombowins Thank you for your helpful and insightful answer. You truly are a pillar of this community.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I so badly want to main Jax... he's been my guy since MK2 but the online is killing my midscreen combos. Are you guys even bothering? Or just pressure pressure pressure until its time to be a badass in the corner?

I so badly want to main Jax... he's been my guy since MK2 but the online is killing my midscreen combos. Are you guys even bothering? Or just pressure pressure pressure until its time to be a badass in the corner?
Jax is hard to play online because his combos are hard offline, i still win