What's new

Breakthrough Jason Mamoa confirmed as AQUAMAN in 'BATMAN V SUPERMAN'

The Dream...

I never thought the current era of Hollywood we live in would produce a working actor capable of doing justice to Lobo, but god fraging damnit Jason Mamoa was born to play that role. And instead DC casts him as freaking Aquaman?!?!

The worst part is that since GOTG just smashed box office records and proved that audiences want fun and zany scifi, now would be the perfect time for Lobo to start smashing down doors. But no....Aquaman it is....

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Because hollywood has finally realized Superman is fucking boring on his own.
Can't they just, idk, make him not boring? That's like they're job. Man of Steel was the completely wrong tone, imo. It's Superman, not Batman. Nobody can possibly have sympathy for a super attractive man who can vaporize a planet with the blink of his eyes and fly at the speed of light, yet the entire movie was incredibly pretentious about it.

This is a hero who dwarfs all others in terms of power, yet lives an ordinary life as his alter ego. How can you not make something fun out of that in the modern age? -.- Reason Marvel films succeed is because they don't take themselves too seriously. That only works for Batman, ffs.

And fuck this superhero congested sequel too. You all know it will be critically panned, yet make millions. Speaking of which, how the bloody hell have those Transformers beaten the Nolan Batman films in the box office? Why have they grossed over a billion dollars!? WHY!??! They're so bad. So......bad.

*cries*

djkljjfsdfsssdfdf

/rant

Because hollywood has finally realized Superman is fucking boring on his own.
Even as someone who loves the character, reads his comics, owns the entire bruce timm animated series on dvd....I actually can't help but think you might be right at this point.

At the end of the day Superman might actually work better in an ensemble cast, kinda like the hulk did.

JLG

Noob
Also Gina's acting ability is horrifying. I'm not saying Gal is an A-lister but at least she shows you she has ability there. Aside from a fight scene, Gina can't talk. Plus I'd rather take Ronda Rousey over Gina.
I'd say their acting, if you can call it that, is pretty even. On second thought, I still give Carano the edge over Rousey, but just slightly. Rousey's delivery really does sound like she's reading from a script. But, hey, at least both look good, right?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Hell no. I mean crap people are giving Gal a hard time at 5'10, did you see how small Gina was standing next to Gal in Fast&Furious? Also Gina's acting ability is horrifying. I'm not saying Gal is an A-lister but at least she shows you she has ability there. Aside from a fight scene, Gina can't talk. Plus I'd rather take Ronda Rousey over Gina.
Yea Carano cant act but her frame is closer to Diana's than Gal (not the height but on film that can be worked around pretty easy)... Gal got the gig already so I just have to embrace her

and dude Ronda would be perfect too obviously she would have to die her hair tho

trufenix

bye felicia
Even as someone who loves the character, reads his comics, owns the entire bruce timm animated series on dvd....I actually can't help but think you might be right at this point.

At the end of the day Superman might actually work better in an ensemble cast, kinda like the hulk did.
Superman can be plenty interesting, but it requires way more set up and follow through than a 2 hour movie (the sweet spot for super hero movies) will facilitate. That's the problem. It can't be written "traditionally" with a steady build up and a difinitive tragedy moment and then a resolution, it would have to be all over the place like an indie movie.

But regardless, DC has been chasing the marvel formula since like the first raimi spider-man. Sooner or later they'll successfully clone one.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
ive seen him in two movies....dude is a horrible actor lol they mainly picked him b/c he has an islander look.
I have seen in game of thrones and conan.
He is amazing, playing a character for an entire season with nothing more than body language is not an easy feat.
He wasn't my first choice, but trust WB knows what they are doing.

gamesun

Noob
Zac Snyder is one of the worst directors in Hollywood, only second to Michael Bay.
This is mainly my reason why this film will suck. Am I hyped? Of course, Batman and Supes in the same movie is always been every fanboys dream but that guy doesn't have the scope to make anything great(his best film is 300 and that's just ok).

To top it off the casting is awful starting with batman. Yes Ben Affleck can direct a good movie(gone baby gone) but if he's in it, he tends to be the bad thing in it. Obviously imo, I didn't like Argo or The Town, I liked the pacing (hence his direction) but his presence points to bad acting(downhill).

The Wonder Woman casting is just as bad but this time people won't argue with me lol.

Lex Luther, the direction could have gone 2 ways here: one, pick Byron Cranston, and go full on Gene Hackman version of Lex Luther. Second select someone with a cool presence like an Idris Elba(although he could play Green Lantern) and go like the cartoons/comics making him the human equal to superman. Instead, we got Facebook...a socially awkward actor(perfect for the Facebook role tho) but as Lex, not for me. He's gonna do the same song and dance he always does, straight faced and giving ass hole remarks with his monotone voice. Smh, this gonna be bad.

Hence, why I think Mamoa is pretty dame good casting.

Also I'm hyped as hell for the movie lol.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
You should watch Assault on Arkham, i think that is the best DC animated film in a while.
I just saw that on the app I use to watch movies/tv. I'll be checking it out this week at some point. Up to now, my favorite has been Flashpoint. That was the best depiction of Aquaman ever. Dude was fucking badass AND he bangs Diana. Too good. I also loved Under the Red Hood and Justice League: Doom. And Dark Knight Returns part 1 and 2. Shit...they're all fucking great.

Anyone who has never watched the DC animated stuff, do yourself a favor and watch them. All of them.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I'd say their acting, if you can call it that, is pretty even. On second thought, I still give Carano the edge over Rousey, but just slightly. Rousey's delivery really does sound like she's reading from a script. But, hey, at least both look good, right?
idk I haven't seen Ronda in anything yet, looking forward to Expendables 3

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Can't they just, idk, make him not boring? That's like they're job. Man of Steel was the completely wrong tone, imo. It's Superman, not Batman. Nobody can possibly have sympathy for a super attractive man who can vaporize a planet with the blink of his eyes and fly at the speed of light, yet the entire movie was incredibly pretentious about it.

This is a hero who dwarfs all others in terms of power, yet lives an ordinary life as his alter ego. How can you not make something fun out of that in the modern age? -.- Reason Marvel films succeed is because they don't take themselves too seriously. That only works for Batman, ffs.

And fuck this superhero congested sequel too. You all know it will be critically panned, yet make millions. Speaking of which, how the bloody hell have those Transformers beaten the Nolan Batman films in the box office? Why have they grossed over a billion dollars!? WHY!??! They're so bad. So......bad.

*cries*

djkljjfsdfsssdfdf

/rant
B/c giant transforming robots are awesome... no one watches for the actual story lol

And if they do... well, idk what's up with them. The stories in those movies are lulzy