What's new

Breakthrough - Jason Voorhees Jason In Patch 10/4/2016

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I'm sorry to say that you've been missing out, my friend. Jason has been a high mid tier character since the big February patch. In particular, Unstoppable has been commonly regarded as potential low high tier material, since then. IMO, Slasher is still likely his weakest variation, overall, but it's comfortably mid tier and absolutely viable.
I COMPLETELY disagree with that assessment on Slasher. He has everything you need and does it very well. B1 is the best normal in the game and B12 is a fantastic stagger.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I COMPLETELY disagree with that assessment on Slasher. He has everything you need and does it very well. B1 is the best normal in the game and B12 is a fantastic stagger.
I think he's good. But Unstoppable and Relentless are still better, IMO. That's my only point. Slasher is viable and hella fun. But . . . Unstoppable is the danger.

CrazyFingers

I think he's good. But Unstoppable and Relentless are still better, IMO. That's my only point. Slasher is viable and hella fun. But . . . Unstoppable is the danger.
I think Relentless isn't as good as slasher. A lot of his stuff is gimicky and if you lab Red Screen long enough, there are ways around it for each character. Slasher is 100% the fabric of the character's tools, little to no gimmicks.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I think Relentless isn't as good as slasher. A lot of his stuff is gimicky and if you lab Red Screen long enough, there are ways around it for each character. Slasher is 100% the fabric of the character's tools, little to no gimmicks.
Red screen is very gimmicky and not particularly hard to overcome, for most of the cast. But, I would still take the awesome ticks, insane late-round damage, and (now buffed) teleport over Slasher's 50/50s and insane meterless damage. It's close. Both are good, viable characters who should make any Jason player proud.

But, again . . . Unstoppable is the danger.

CrazyFingers

Red screen is very gimmicky and not particularly hard to overcome, for most of the cast. But, I would still take the awesome ticks, insane late-round damage, and (now buffed) teleport over Slasher's 50/50s and insane meterless damage. It's close. Both are good, viable characters who should make any Jason player proud.

But, again . . . Unstoppable is the danger.
Yea unstoppable is for sure pretty scary, especially since he STILL doesn't care about armor even tho there's a ton of it out there.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I was there man. I remember when he was terrible and I'm here to tell you Slasher is super strong. B1 is possibly the best normal in the whole game at this point.
Wow ok lol when I finish getting the rest of my stuff shipped to my new place im going to have to jump back in lol I haven't played Jason (or the game in general) since like December. I played a bit of Triborg and Leather when KP2 dropped by I have been heavily addicted to KI for the most part when I got it in Decebmer lol

I'm sorry to say that you've been missing out, my friend. Jason has been a high mid tier character since the big February patch. In particular, Unstoppable has been commonly regarded as potential low high tier material, since then. IMO, Slasher is still likely his weakest variation, overall, but it's comfortably mid tier and absolutely viable.
Lol that is insane. Crazy how much he flipped flop since his older self where the struggle was absolutely real for any Jason player haha. That's cool though and that makes me happy, im definitely going to jump back in and refresh my Slasher and see what happens.

So how did they buff Slasher since then? Did they give him new stuff or just make the things he already had better like faster normals and the like?

CrazyFingers

Wow ok lol when I finish getting the rest of my stuff shipped to my new place im going to have to jump back in lol I haven't played Jason (or the game in general) since like December. I played a bit of Triborg and Leather when KP2 dropped by I have been heavily addicted to KI for the most part when I got it in Decebmer lol

Lol that is insane. Crazy how much he flipped flop since his older self where the struggle was absolutely real for any Jason player haha. That's cool though and that makes me happy, im definitely going to jump back in and refresh my Slasher and see what happens.

So how did they buff Slasher since then? Did they give him new stuff or just make the things he already had better like faster normals and the like?
B1 is 9f mid with a crazy hitbox and every thing else is the same pretty much (besides his D1 being 6f which helps) and that's all he really needed xD

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah I think that is something many forget to think about when characters get buffs/nerfs. A mid tier character can not get changed at all, but when the better and/or problem characters are toned down that mid tier character can now fair better even though the character himself received no changes.
B1 is 9f mid with a crazy hitbox and every thing else is the same pretty much (besides his D1 being 6f which helps) and that's all he really needed xD
Nice. I am so glad they made him a little better. Jason has been my main in this game since his release but like I said I took a small break from the game so it's cool to see that he has been tweaked a bit lol

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain

Slasher got:

1) Faster B1 (huge change, since his B1 was already good). Now, it's probably one of the best whiff punishing starters in the entire game.
2) Reduced recovery on machete toss
3) Faster, safer d1

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Slasher got:

1) Faster B1 (huge change, since his B1 was already good). Now, it's probably one of the best whiff punishing starters in the entire game.
2) Reduced recovery on machete toss
3) Faster, safer d1
Sick! They didn't nerf Machete Toss in anyway did they? Like slower start up or less damage?

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Well everyone got what they wanted, D1 is now -4 on block, no more Jailing D1 into Mids on Liu Kang and others with slow 8-9 frame Mids:D

sup dudes
new to jason here, i ' m not sure which variation though.
can someone post some universal bnb,s?
using unstopable atm, i love his 6 frame uppercut haha

thanx

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Lmaoooo last October if somebody had told me Jason could give Liu Kang trouble I would have posted a :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

That character in particular used to give me absolute hell lol
yeah they got what they wanted anyways. personally never had a problem with it?