What's new

Video/Tutorial - Jason Voorhees Jason Buffs & Changes for MKXL

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He'd have some ridiculous corner presence honestly. I can't think of other grabs that let you choose the direction meterless either. I'm super happy with the ex buff.
Regular grabs, but that doesn't really count, Kano has a grab for both direction so you get to choose beforehand. Kotal's and Jax's command grabs let you choose at the cost of damage.

So it's not unheard of, just not really implemented. I'd take a meterless option to choose even if the side switching toss did less damage.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
So fucking pumped for these changes. We may actually have a tournament worthy character. I'm more pumped up about Jason than the KP2 characters now. Hats off to NRS!

E

Eldriken

@GGA Jeremiah It seemed like his EX heal buffed it from .25% health per tick to .30% per tick. Until we know the math for the heals, we don't know how significant that change is.

But I liked what I saw in regards to how long the heal lasted. It ticked A LOT. I'm gonna go on a limb and say it was possibly 10% health regained.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So glad they made his unstoppable damage and healing buffs last longer. The added properties are just icing on the cake.

@GGA Jeremiah It seemed like his EX heal buffed it from .25% health per tick to .30% per tick. Until we know the math for the heals, we don't know how significant that change is.

But I liked what I saw in regards to how long the heal lasted. It ticked A LOT. I'm gonna go on a limb and say it was possibly 10% health regained.
Alright you made me peek at the math.

B1,2,2 did 11% damage. With the damage buff on it did 15% damage. A 1.36 multiplier. It used to be a flat 1.3.

The damage buff used to be 4.5 seconds, it looks to be 7 seconds now. About.

The heal now looks to be 7 seconds as well. But I counted 20 ticks of .25 heals. Hopefully I counted wrong because that is only 5% heal which is what the heal is now. If the ex heal is .3 per tick and it is 20 ticks then that is only a 6% heal. Not good. Unless they stack, that would be pretty good.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain

Punishment breaks armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, B3 is already an underrated normal. I am very excited about that B3 choke string that will connect on block. Is there a character with better tick throws now?

Also, recovery on machete toss got buffed in Slasher!!!!! Jason Vorhees - Zoning niggas since Camp Crystal Lake.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Also, not that it was difficult, but it's pretty sweet that we don't have to run cancel between b122s anymore.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
We didn't have to before against most hitboxes. We might still need to run cancel against the Goro hitbox, for some reason he is tiny in the air.
True. It's nice to have it be more definitive, though. I sort of got run-canceling ingrained in my head back in may, anyway.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
One potentially underrated buff for Slasher is the d2 buff. He already has a pretty legit d2 because of its really good range. Speed + good range = good times.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
16. Steve mentions doing healing into ex healing. If they stack that is huge, but I am not sure though..
I thought this at first too, but I listened to it again and I think what he was saying is that, if you are close to having a bar, you can use the regular version to get a little bit of health back and get your bar in the process, and THEN use the ex version to get a bunch of health back.

I would hope b3 won't be able to be ducked
No I am saying block the b3, and then let go of block to beat the grab and the high shoulder tackle. If it works, not saying it does. But they gave us that pop up string to follow b3, so if that enters the meta we will always have that launcher as an option.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
No I am saying block the b3, and then let go of block to beat the grab and the high shoulder tackle. If it works, not saying it does. But they gave us that pop up string to follow b3, so if that enters the meta we will always have that launcher as an option.
oh, gotcha. cant wait till Tuesday