What's new

Video/Tutorial - Jason Voorhees Jason Buffs & Changes for MKXL

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm super excited for Unstoppable. I'll play it now that I can end combos with EX Buff then meaty to break armour and begin my offence. Can't wait.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I love basically everything they did for him. Apparently you can do new combos with b122 so hopefully he can actually get respectable damage now in those variations otherwise making it easier to combo off of is a nothing change since the run cancels were easy anyway.

Skedar70

Noob
Sick Sick Sick. So he is really going to be unstoppable. Imagine all that health he can get back and he can now combo in more ways so he is going to deal more damage and now it is going to be easier to resurrect with three bars. So killing Jason has become really hard and now he basically hits harder. Awesome

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Not specific to Jason, but does anyone have a youtube link where I could watch everything they went over?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I love basically everything they did for him. Apparently you can do new combos with b122 so hopefully he can actually get respectable damage now in those variations otherwise making it easier to combo off of is a nothing change since the run cancels were easy anyway.
New combos off of b122, f34, and a new string off of b3 that launches.

He got some really good and fair buffs.

My only complaint is that I don't understand why the direction change on command grab is only for EX versions.

New combos off of b122, f34, and a new string off of b3 that launches.

He got some really good and fair buffs.

My only complaint is that I don't understand why the direction change on command grab is only for EX versions.
He'd have some ridiculous corner presence honestly. I can't think of other grabs that let you choose the direction meterless either. I'm super happy with the ex buff.

1. Almost all down pokes improved (they didn't mention d3.) This is huge.
  2. Low combo starter mid screen!
  3. Overhead + on block. So now we have 2 50/50s after jip. B1, command grab, or b1,2. Or F4,4 or F3. Also with it being + on block maybe that allows a d1 into command grab setup followup in the corner because opponent will be blocking because they are minus. Looks to be in d4 range midscreen so maybe some setups there. I don't think they would go as far as making it +13 on block though so we have a free b1 followup :(
  4. With meter we keep opponent in the corner with that first 50/50 option. Also good because on hit it will grab too so that spending of the meter is justified.
  5. B3 has always been close to being a good normal. Now it is with increased range and unblockable follow ups. Which is now a 50/50 if you think about it. B3 into grab, or B3 into choke or clothesline.
  6. Looking to have a very strong anti-air option with d2 which is good. I kind of wish they buffed anti-air grab though... oh well.
  7. BnB easier to hit and links after 3 b1's! This will lead to greater damage. But did you notice that the choke is doing that nerfed damage still? 15 hit combo still 25% lololol.
  8. Back Breaker is our punisher for some moves. No mention of spending a bar to keep them in the corner for this move. That is sad.
  9. Increased Relentless passive damage. I will break down ALL the math changes for Unstoppable and Relentless and post them late Tuesday night after XL comes out.
  10. Armor break on damage buff is INSANE. You can safely call it out after landing your BnB and possibly could have enough time to break their wakeup armor. This means the opponent will HAVE to guess your b1 50/50 on knockdown, even if they have meter, and we can call out the buff and pressure in time. Also does Unstoppable beat Relentless now in the mirror? We break his walking armor move I assume.
  11. Damage buff lasting longer is a must. It used to be 4.5 seconds. I wonder if they will give him the 12 second quan chi treatment?
  12. Healing lasts longer, so I assume that means more healing. We will find out on Tuesday.
  13. Healing also builds meter. Great buff.
  14. EX healing no meter gain but greater health return. This move was pretty weak before, unless there is a significant health gain difference this might be a meh buff. But if we get significant health off of this then that is great.
  15. No mention of rez changes.
  16. Steve mentions doing healing into ex healing. If they stack that is huge, but I am not sure though.
  17. Jason has numerous bugs that they said could get fixed
  18. They mention overall hitbox changes across the board, this could help some of Jason's lesser moves.
  19. They mention frame data changes across the board, besides his pokes maybe he got some love in other areas.
We will find out Tuesday.

REO

Undead
My review of the buffs: (Keep in mind nothing is set in stone as none of us have gotten to play around with the character in real matches yet)

I really love the buffs they gave Jason. I strongly feel as if they address some of the many core design issues that Jason as a character struggled with. The D+1 (and other buffs to his pokes) is HUGE and now gives him the ability to poke back or condition the opponent during a frame trap. Being able to choose the side after an EX command grab is also a gem and something that was definitely needed as now it gives you more control as the Jason player with what you want to do. B+3 buffs are excellent and tack onto that very poor follow up counter poke game Jason suffered with heavily before. Now he has a fast true mid attack he can use to hold his ground and gain different approaches depending on what you're trying to go for - Another great well thought out buff. The D+2 was also needed and I'll take that over an anti-air grab buff since his anti airs were so terrible.

Slasher
Making his B+1,2 string faster was the first thing on the list on what this variation NEEDED. It didn't have the footsies or good space control of the other two variations, so now it becomes a force up close with a very fast launching string. This string also buffs up his 50/50 game as now the opponent will be blocking in respect for the string, and that's when you can go for a 50/50. The added help to his zoning also helps since it gives this variation an extra layer his other to do not have regarding full screen presence.

Relentless
The damage increase on this variation is all I really wanted mostly, and that's what was given. Depending on how strong the damage intervals are now, it looks like Relentess may be back to it's former glory. Good to know it's now better than it was before.

Unstoppable
The main reason this variation was so underpowered before was because of the lackluster and subpar healing and damage buff special attacks that it offered. They now completely addressed that and I love the twists they put on some of the buffs like how his damage buff gives Jason armor breaking properties and his heal gives him a little bit of meter. So cool! And once again, very well thought out. This variation will benefit a lot from the meter since Jason has literally almost no ways of building meter and Unstoppable is a very that heavily relies on it.

I'm REALLY looking forward to playing the new Jason and exploring the character once MKXL hits.