What's new

Jailhouse is bored at work and made a matchup thread of his own, the thread

Espio

Kokomo
updated a few numbers and added MMH

Cyborg has such extreme divergence in his match ups from destroying characters to getting blown up, it's crazy.

Why is Martian Manhunter 3-7 while Batgirl is 5-5? It seems like if anything they'd be fairly similar match up wise since they both can shut down his zoning game and both potentially beat him up close.

I haven't played it with Martian Manhunter and only played it a little bit with Cyborg. When I played it with Cyborg it didn't seem as daunting as Sinestro and Aquaman to me.

he bodies frontal attacking charcaters who have to move forward at him to get him.
he gets bodied by antizoners and teleport charcaters.
it makes sense lol

MMH outzones you from full screen with groundspike and the shit that fall sfrom the sky. you really have to pick your spots to iafb and ground fireball. missles is COMPLETELY useless in this matchup. his teleport is safe unlike batgirl. batgirl has to actually make a yolo guess while mmh can teleport at will basically. you can use missles on batgirl no problem. MMH's pokes are insanely long, cyborg has stubby garbage. its bad

aquaman is geting easier for me with time actually. you gotta use ground fireball a lot more than usual in this matchup and read when hes going to groundspike or throw forward trident and jump to do an ex fireball and follow with missles. its not unwinnable

raven might actually be harder than aquaman

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
God MMH :X He is an ass pain. Cyborg can outzone him, but IA tele is fucking dangerous. I use a lot of armored B3. I also charge Novablaster to bait tele..then dash forward to make it wiff (good scorp tech too). I also end some combos in UP-Sonic disruptor (hold to charge) to keep me safe from wake-up teles

And Raven is a bitch. Have you gotton to play blind_ducky yet?

havent played blind ducky but ive played a lot with Glass Sword (very good one from atlanta) and some other good ones online. Its truly a painful matchup after he gets trait out lol

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
havent played blind ducky but ive played a lot with Glass Sword (very good one from atlanta) and some other good ones online. Its truly a painful matchup after he gets trait out lol
Yeah he is really good. I have played him offline quite a few times. I had to play him in my EVO pools also and I beat him by the skin of my teeth. I find the best strategy for that MU is to zone her (mid range), until she reflects, then grapple to absorb the unblockable and if you were in range you can actually wiff punish her with grapplexxj2xxB3 combo. Other than that you really have to respect her and know her zoning set-ups. Good ravens will check a fireball with that full screen pull BS. Once you block that initiate zoning!

how do i beat batman jumping 2? if i backdash he comes in and if i dash forward to just jumps the other way and does it again. powerfist is not a viable antiair for me

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
how do i beat batman jumping 2? if i backdash he comes in and if i dash forward to just jumps the other way and does it again. powerfist is not a viable antiair for me
Dash forward under him and do a iafb the opposite way or check with a d1xxdf2.

jump back iafb when you read it also works
batman is pretty easy matchup

at this point i basically only lose to charcaters with armor, teleports or groundspikes

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Man Zatanna feels really bad. She can actually outzone him with that fast ring thing and steer it up if you try to do a high mb nb and hit you out of it. Plus you always have to respect her trance followup after blocked projectiles and not to mention her fast ass teleport. I think she's up there with Aquaman as one of Borg's worst. I'd rather fight MMH than her. 7-3? Or worse?

not enough experience yet. its probably horrible because shes fast and has a teleport like all of his other bad matchups

aquaman is not as bad as i thought. mash ground fireball until lifelead, time ex air fireball and follow up with missle on block. scorpion/mmh/raven/ares = harder than aquaman

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Zatana is bad. She can also D3 under regular ground fireballs like WW, Zod and a few other characters.

Nothing is worse than MMH. He is the king of bad. The only way you can fight him is if you have at least 2 bars of meter and perfect execution. Then you still will probably lose.

Zatana is bad. She can also D3 under regular ground fireballs like WW, Zod and a few other characters.

Nothing is worse than MMH. He is the king of bad. The only way you can fight him is if you have at least 2 bars of meter and perfect execution. Then you still will probably lose.

yep the fact that the same charcater can have cy vs. grundy and cy v MMH really makes me question the matchup balance of the entire game and if other charcaters have such severely skewed matchups

LOL are you fucking kidding me? ares can teleport further away now so you cant punish it by jumping back on their wakeup. thats great

another 7-3 8-2 matchup