What's new

Jailhouse is bored at work and made a matchup thread of his own, the thread

Espio

Kokomo
yep the fact that the same charcater can have cy vs. grundy and cy v MMH really makes me question the matchup balance of the entire game and if other charcaters have such severely skewed matchups

Hawkgirl has this problem too...beats characters like Grundy badly then gets wrecked by Deatstroke lol.

I always picture mid tier characters doing well against everyone, having their losing match ups here and there, but nothing too extreme.

I'm sure others besides those two have a similarly odd situation going on with them.

his projectiles antizone you, his teleport is amazing now lol its free on wakeup now every time since he can just do the far range one

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What does Ares have that other characters can't do? His teleport isn't the best
his projectiles antizone you, his teleport is amazing now lol its free on wakeup now every time since he can just do the far range one
ares projectile has quick enough start up to compete with iagbs and once ares scores a knockdown cyborg is open late so ares can eat great. MB DE then free tele in and ares wins up close with cyborg really only having 1 wake up option. Before cyborg could throw cross up shennanigans that ares coud not escape because either teleport cyborg landed in on knockdown. Now are has the get out of jail free card and cyborg has nothing to threaten far or away teleport. Even with 33 frames of recovery he just cant reach him or check him in time. Characters like aquaman and ba, ftd or divekick rapes the teleports, most characters at least have an option for it.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Also as an ares player i have little to no issues against Cy with ares, i see it as a 7-3 really

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
What do you guys think of the Cyborg/Zod mu? It feels really shitty against a good Zod. Gun and balls shut down Borg's zoning and you're left holding block guessing mixups. Grapple is useless in the mu too.

The more I play Cyborg the more I realize you MUST have a secondary for certain mu's.