Easy to confirm, great range, corner carry

Sadly a slow startup, but no problem if your spacing is on point

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
OH, I like that F21 S4 version better

I was doing

F21 micro walk 21 ex up glaive, d4
lmao

Couldn't figure out how to get shadow kick added on. Nice.

1. F21, B343(4)xx cancel into shadow kick does like 25-27% damage.

I haven't been able to do the F21xxS4+Batarangs stuff yet so I'm missing on a lot of damage it seems.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Midscreen : f21, 4, ex rang, d4 into ex nitro
I like the idea. I've just been doing f21, b343xNitro.

is this possible if you hit near max range of the F2, or do you have to be closer? Can you sneak a micro walk in if a little far?

Wombat

Noob
I just realized... 43~ex bf1 works as a mid-screen starter and it's + on block, d4~nitro seems to be an obvious followup, but maybe it's possible to do more. Also realized maximizing damage on every combo might be a bad idea if the other player has 2 defensive bars. On that note, does Jade have a good 1-hit alternative to an uppercut inside a juggle, or is it always d2 or nitro for corner carry? The fancy stuff tends to whiff on breakers.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I just realized... 43~ex bf1 works as a mid-screen starter and it's + on block, d4~nitro seems to be an obvious followup, but maybe it's possible to do more. Also realized maximizing damage on every combo might be a bad idea if the other player has 2 defensive bars. On that note, does Jade have a good 1-hit alternative to an uppercut inside a juggle, or is it always d2 or nitro for corner carry? The fancy stuff tends to whiff on breakers.
I can't get anything off it mid-screen, only in the corner. Then you can do B2xNitro (287) or B2xButterfly (260-odd)

(Edit: you can B323 as well, same damage tho, so B2 is probably easier)

Wombat

Noob
krush (1)24, 4~ex uprang, d4~nitro
krush d2, ff~d2
jik~ex rang, b2~nitro or just nitro for consistency
corner jik~ex rang, 43~nitro
corner f21, 4~ex rang, b2~bf2

So far it seems that she's in ~300ish territory with meter burn and ~250ish with no meter. Doesn't seem that bad after all.

Wombat

Noob
Yes, but you get 303.91 off 43~ex rang, 21, 212 in the corner and 254.41 off 43~ex rang, d4~nitro mid-screen. I feel f21 is a bit of a mindbreak string, if you start landing it you've probably already won.

EDIT:
43~ex rang doesn't seem to connect against all characters. I'm having no problems landing it on females, but I couldn't land it on Cage and Shao Kahn, even though they aren't exactly smaller than Jade and Frost. Weird.

Last edited:

Raider

Noob
Can someone please explain one thing to me. Does every character in the game have all combo moves available all the time or it depends on variations or something?
I started playing Story mode yesterday and finished her chapter today, i really like what i played but i noticed that in her combo moves she has that "E" icon for some of her combo moves. What is it exactly?

Wombat

Noob
You can extend her strings if you make a custom variation and pick the right perk, but I'm not sure it's all that useful as the extra moves don't do anything beyond giving her like +10 damage in some BnBs.

Does she really not have any full combos (i.e., more than just string into special) mid-screen that don't involve f21 or 43? Like at least something for a quick punish that feels like a full combo.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
12 BF1ex launches in the corner. The first hit can whiff and it still connects. You can start outside of sweep range.
For instance 12 BF1ex D1 212 does 231 damage if the first hit whiffs.
I'm sure people with better timing can get more damage

Afumba

Noob
Is it me or is it really that hard to juggle off of butterfly/f343 in the corner?

Last edited:

Wombat

Noob
AA d2 can be followed up by d1~nitro or d3~nitro if the range is right. In the corner you get d2, d1, d4~nitro (easy to land) or d2, d1, d1, d1~nitro (needs the right distance). Since her uppercut is so strong, I think this is a pretty good option. If you're afraid of whiffing, you can just d2, d1~low rang - it's harder to land, but you won't get blown up if you whiff.

EDIT:
Long range AA b2~ex uprang converts into d4~nitro. Basically, don't jump at her, ever.

Last edited:
f21, d2 is really my meterless bnb sadly.
Thank god for the pushback on d4, consistently gives me enough spacing to make f21 safe-ish.
Also someone mentioned d4,nitro (d4,f4) being a good tool. Doesn't seem to register as a combo for me, anyone else?

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
f21, d2 is really my meterless bnb sadly.
Thank god for the pushback on d4, consistently gives me enough spacing to make f21 safe-ish.
Also someone mentioned d4,nitro (d4,f4) being a good tool. Doesn't seem to register as a combo for me, anyone else?
It doesn't. Can get punished easily. But if you use it wisely, it's a good tool.