What's new

Match Footage Jade Videos

" I see you do d1 a lot and don't follow with anything, is it on purpose that you don't follow?"
I normally fisinsh with d1, to keep pressure. If I do the Staff Grab, Rain would be to far, and I have to get in again. d1 give me a free jump in, in most cases, not ever safe, but yet controling the match, and normally building the meter Jade needs so much. Thx by comments =D, improving in 3, 2, 1...

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Also gotta love how every better character has options against being jumped in on, but Jade, whose combo starters all need a jump in to hitconfirm, lacks one.
I heard that Jade can use her standing 1 to counter jump-ins but I've had no success with that. Her B2 is useless if they are too close because their jump in punch recovery knocks her down. Njp seems to be the better option but how reliable is that especially online. If Jade's 1,2 and 4 can be linked to her Staff Slam that would improve her combo starter. 3 has awful reach, 2 is very slow so I rely on a jump in punch as the starter. I will admit Jade's D3 is really good.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Jades
I heard that Jade can use her standing 1 to counter jump-ins but I've had no success with that. Her B2 is useless if they are too close because their jump in punch recovery knocks her down. Njp seems to be the better option but how reliable is that especially online. If Jade's 1,2 and 4 can be linked to her Staff Slam that would improve her combo starter. 3 has awful reach, 2 is very slow so I rely on a jump in punch as the starter. I will admit Jade's D3 is really good.
Jades standing one is an amazing anti air. It has great hit properties. Offline I can consistently react to how close the opponent is and choose to go with aa 1 for close jumps in or b2 for far ones. 1 is great and chains into 23f2 staff grab/shadow kick.

Jade offline is completely different than online. Her spacing is so much more deadly. Online what feels like a game of inches, quickly becomes in Jade's favour.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Also, I played Tom Brady in a ft5 on stream last night. While it is not a good indicator of either of our play, at least it is something. I used Jade for all matches except the final one. Basically, the input lag was a factor. I kept getting rangs up close instead of d1's due to negative edge. Not my best showing, but a showing. The match would have been completely different offline.

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/309726968

It starts at the 7 hour and 44 minute mark.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Very nice play man. I see you walk back a lot, a little tip, when the opponent jumps at you you can b32 while walking backwards, it'll reach him as he lands and hit or give meter on block. Great games.

Love that overhead spammin' against Kung Lao. YEAH!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Very nice play man. I see you walk back a lot, a little tip, when the opponent jumps at you you can b32 while walking backwards, it'll reach him as he lands and hit or give meter on block. Great games.

Love that overhead spammin' against Kung Lao. YEAH!

Overhead rapes lao. Completely negates the spin.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Too bad the Lao match got interrupted before you could have shown him what makes green all mean...
By the way is there any reason you never use njp?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Too bad the Lao match got interrupted before you could have shown him what makes green all mean...
By the way is there any reason you never use njp?
I do use NJP, but Tom was jumping in quite a bit so I was playing keepaway and hoping to get the b2's. He caught me a couple times with subzero with some extremely long range jump ins that would have been blown up offline.

He wasn't doing to to many cross overs from what I can remember to warrant the njp.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
The only thing about her standing 1 and air to air follow ups is her disappointing damage output *sighs* I was playing her online earlier today and tested her standing1/air to air follow up on random players I was getting like 12%-17% at most, so annoying. On top of that if she ever drops a combo, she gets robbed of damage which she needs to get in. At least her B2 can get me 30% but really, she needs a damage output buff on all her specials/normals for heavy punishment combos. However, her pressure game up close is quite interesting from what I've been discovering. Still, for a slow character similar to Kitana - her damage must match to that of Kitana who thrives without meter, gains meter fast along with heavy 40% easy punishment.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
As I said before, the best use for 1 as an anti air is once you know your spacing (again moreso offline than online) you can interchange 1 and b2 to cover the spacing correctly. 1 will hit where back 2 wont, simply because 1 has a faster startup (9f) and you can time the closer jip's better. Think of it this way. For every 1 anti air you get, you choose to either send the opponent full screen, or staff grab them for midscreen game. You have all the choice in this scenario. It's not so much about the damage it's about the positioning.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
In OFFLINE GAME Jade was supposed to be able to control the pace of the match.
Fast characters like scoprion need to slow down against her.
And slow characters like kitana need to apply themselves.

And even if they do learn to change their pace, they have a bunch of very risky choices to make.
That is, if Jade did any damage.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Okay...so I have recorded footage of my Jade from AU_IM DIGIMON's stream...but I make no promises of it being good at all. I expect a lot of criticisms:p . My spacing was way off too and my inputs too.

The bad part is I know what do with Jade, but I don't feel like I could do it in these fights for some reason.

3:10:06 mark is my first match against Gametime's Stryker.

3:51:09 against his Liu Kang (with the most bizarre round 2 comeback lol).

4:07:35 against Digi's Nightwolf.

http://www.twitch.tv/au_im_digimon/b/310014676

All comments and feedback welcome.:)

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
What´s up guys? I´m a Stryker player but always like to play with Jade. See some awesome tricks that help improve my game here...

Please, coment... and enjoy of course.
I always find it interesting how most Stryker players seem to gravitate to Jade too, I think it's because they have quite a bit in common.

Great job, your rushdown Jade is really solid and fun to watch, it looks like you really have control over her and I find the down 1 after your combos interesting and you usually end with shadow kick. My only advice is that it might be advantageous to use staff grab after 2,3, forward 2 because staff grab cannot be ducked and does more damage if the string connects,

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Good, patient style, waiting for him to come to you. So, when the opponent is close use d3 a couple of times to space him away. Try connecting d4's with overhead/staffgrab/flashkick. One good thing, as TAC mentioned, is walking, especially backwards, also try to learn making a step back instead of dashing back (I'm working on this myself right now :) ) it's faster and faster to cancel into flash and b2. Good games.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Thanks man, will try to incorporate more back stepping into my game, it's interesting that walking back is quicker than dashing in this game. When I do down 4, I usually do shadow kick, it's primarily out of habit, but I should be mixing it up a bit more with staff grab and staff overhead. Great tips and hopefully with some major practice I can get my Jade solid. This is the first time I've actually tried to make Jade my second in command and I haven't been touching Kitana, Sonya, Rain, or Sheeva much the last two weeks.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Espio872 So, I inspired some fire there I see! Keep up the good work! Remember that wakeup armor is golden when you are pressured. Don't make it a habit though, the more you conserve it the harder it will hit. Also, remember that anything you can do with meter you can do without, except for defending yourself.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Espio872 So, I inspired some fire there I see! Keep up the good work! Remember that wakeup armor is golden when you are pressured. Don't make it a habit though, the more you conserve it the harder it will hit. Also, remember that anything you can do with meter you can do without, except for defending yourself.
Every character forum needs a CompletelyJaded and I'm dead serious, people can say what they want about you complaining, it's bloody brilliant, mission accomplished:p .

I always forget about it, I feel like I don't make good reads often on enhanced glow and I hate risking meter if people jump away.

Thanks for the compliment, my Jade's definitely a work in progress, this is actually a fun challenge.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Every character forum needs a CompletelyJaded and I'm dead serious, people can say what they want about you complaining, it's bloody brilliant, mission accomplished:p .

I always forget about it, I feel like I don't make good reads often on enhanced glow and I hate risking meter if people jump away.

Thanks for the compliment, my Jade's definitely a work in progress, this is actually a fun challenge.
I love you too, baby. XD

Focus on these:
- oki setups (who can you shut down with TAC or enDB2, who can you keep pressuring with her 50-50 and 33/33/33 on wakeup?)
33: 34db2/3df2/3df :: 4df4, 4df2, 4f3 :: 12df2, 12df4, 12d3 :: d4df4, d4df, d4db2 :: 23f2df2, 23f2df4, 23f2 ~ d4 --> // :: b3~
These are not true 33 because not all of them lead to a combo situation but they're a sort of mixup -ish situation where the opponent will need to guess and if they keep blocking you can just throw them.

-Boomerang setups: Figure out where and how you can con the opponent into eating a return trip and a full combo. They're amazing just to save your life. For example you know you are going to eat a JC rushdown you toss out a boomerang and he starts his combo and it returns and bam, wakeup situation in your favor

- Wakeup game: your wakeup is a 33, sort of. You can choose to use Flash and be N which is adv in certain cases. You can overhead/enoverhead to wake up if the opponent is trying to meaty or simply pressure, or df4 /endf4 which is your fuckoff move: either you fuck off, running right across the screen away from your opponent - or make them fuck off and send them flying. ^_^ ofc you can roll n' shit too, but these three moves are excellent wakeups for certain situations, learn how to use them and make sure not to let people catch on and bait it. Jade is dangerous when she's on the ground. Rushdowners started to respect me online, it has to be even worse offline because flash on wakeup just makes them eat a full combo. Imagine that stiletto heel coming up and saying "Hi Cage, I hear you like groin hits?"

- Corner game. db2, b2, u3, and pretty much all your normals keep the opponent right there. Against teleporters, -with the exception of Raiden obv- 12~ mixups with low pokes are your best bet, though offline b3 can hurt them plenty too.

http://www.twitch.tv/tymlive/videos

I used a lot of Jade on here. I'm too tired to look for the videos, but have fun... lol
Very good using of many tools, but i have one important note - there's too many words here in Jade forum about low damage output from Jade's strings and combos, but what can i see in your games - you miss a lot of damage opportunities, including punishng unsafe moves and using en-Glow. As well as you rely too much on 1,2 pressure and again miss a lot of damage. I do think that you can use en-Glow much more effective and safe (i have the rule - no b1 after en-Glow) and that will improve your game a lot.