What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui's jump in 1/2 is the worst normal in MKX. Hotbox needs a serious buff ASAP

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
If you don't consistently play her, you can't knock the people that actually play her.
To all of you that want to complain about This thread, your not contributing, so shushhhhhh

I'm grinding out matches, learning matches and staying away from the Full Auto variation out of fear of using or relying too much on the guns. I'm more about technique than winning.

I agree with statements made earlier about the rushdown and "footsies" archtype. Look, Jacqui players are not asking for every normal and special move to be altered. The reality is she is setup to be midrange and close range character but she is REALLY lacking in startup frames.

This makes you look for other options for ways to get in. But, her jump-in is so bad it makes the recovery worst than it actually is. If you try to get it close to the opponent, you will CERTAINLY get anti-aired on reaction. I don't jump-in as much close range because of this. Her walk speed is S Tier and her dashes are A+ tier but her footsie game is negated by the start-up frames and characters like Cassie, Erron, Liu Kang, & Sonya to name a few can EASILY whiff punish her.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I just saw Sonicfox demolish Arturo (love you Art) with Jacqui using a bunch of standing resets. Lets not ask for buffs or nerfs unless they trully need it.

I need video footage of this so I can take notes. I don't want to limit people but the bottom line is while we want a competitve scene and people want to get better, not everybody (almost nobody) will reach the capabilities of SonicFox so that's kind of unfair to use him as a foundation.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Her walk speed is godlike. You can't have it all in one character.

Edit. Generally in fighting games, if a character has something that's better than anything the rest of the cast has in one area, they fall short in another. You just have to pick the character that suits your playstyle the most and accept their shortcomings.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
If you don't consistently play her, you can't knock the people that actually play her.
To all of you that want to complain about This thread, your not contributing, so shushhhhhh

I'm grinding out matches, learning matches and staying away from the Full Auto variation out of fear of using or relying too much on the guns. I'm more about technique than winning.

I agree with statements made earlier about the rushdown and "footsies" archtype. Look, Jacqui players are not asking for every normal and special move to be altered. The reality is she is setup to be midrange and close range character but she is REALLY lacking in startup frames.

This makes you look for other options for ways to get in. But, her jump-in is so bad it makes the recovery worst than it actually is. If you try to get it close to the opponent, you will CERTAINLY get anti-aired on reaction. I don't jump-in as much close range because of this. Her walk speed is S Tier and her dashes are A+ tier but her footsie game is negated by the start-up frames and characters like Cassie, Erron, Liu Kang, & Sonya to name a few can EASILY whiff punish her.
I am completely unable to determine if this is a yomi level omega troll post or if you're actually being serious. Well done.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Worst normal in mkx? Kitana's standing 4 says hello.
I finally got around to learning a little bit of Kitana last night in practice mode. She's kinda designed like her f2 was meant to be an overhead, but the designers chickened out and nerfed it at the last minute. It's not even really the mixup that's necessary, it's more that she just needs a reason to make people stand block once in a while. I didn't explore it a lot, but I thought maybe a way around her lack of overhead was to use standing fan similarly to mk9 cutter to get jump-in pressure, but I don't know if you're + enough after landing it for it to work.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I finally got around to learning a little bit of Kitana last night in practice mode. She's kinda designed like her f2 was meant to be an overhead, but the designers chickened out and nerfed it at the last minute. It's not even really the mixup that's necessary, it's more that she just needs a reason to make people stand block once in a while. I didn't explore it a lot, but I thought maybe a way around her lack of overhead was to use standing fan similarly to mk9 cutter to get jump-in pressure, but I don't know if you're + enough after landing it for it to work.
Cry baby Zyphox thinks he has problems due to his characters design...well I present to you MKX's version of "Kitana": the most uninspired character to ever live. Plus frames and safety arent your thing? Come on yonder and enjoy this NPC that is found on the select screen. Lol

F2 absolutley should be an overhead. Unfortunately, even some less-than-smart Kitana players think that giving her an overhead would magically turn her into the next Erron Black (unf).

And no, lol. Fans are -10. Point blank they are punishable-ville.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Good , hope she gets worse & no buffs :) great job NRS !!!

Who's D'vorab ? Cause i wanna play her as well

Try to play some good players instead of noobs , maybe you'll still be top 20 :DOGE