What's new

Move List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs 9/1/15 changes.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I don't think I'll ever start any combo with 114-dust since the patch. I'd much rather start with B2-ex-dust or B33 ex-dust for the 50/50, and then maybe end with 114dust to continue the restands. Starting with ex-dust does a shit-ton of damage too.

I've been starting with ex-dust, then a restand, then do either B2-ex-dust or B33-ex-dust and continue from there for 50/50's all day.

Her 100% consistent restand after B2-ex-dust is JiP-F2U2-DU4, 1, RC, 11, dust. This specific setup NEVER misses.

B33-ex-dust by itself does 18%, plus you get to continue comboing after.

B2-ex-dust by itself does 15%, plus you get to continue comboing also.
A six frame launcher that's +2 on block and leads to 35% on hit?
I literally won a major in MK9 off a six frame launcher that leads to that much.

You should be using it now more than ever.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Her 6 frame s1 and 8 frame s4 are the two biggest buffs for full auto.

I have a feeling that s4 will jail after regular up missile. If b2~db2 jails (which I'm pretty sure it will) then she has some really nasty pressure options just opened up.

Also, s1 being 6 frames will make her combos much better.

For high tech, launching ground pound is gonna be scary.

Unblockable ground pound that OTGs and launches? Seriously? She's gonna have 100% combos :S

Shotgun's corner game just got a hell of a lot better now that ex dust always restands. That air ground pound has also added options for more combo damage.
the one frame change on her jab makes full auto combos even easier. My ratio on 121 LR RC 1212 bf4 was like 7/10. I havent drop it yet since the patch hit.

So wait there is a secret chat for Jacqui?

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
With the s4 frame change also making stanky leg come out faster, it's not easier to execute by doublt-tapping 4~4 and then pressing up immediately afterwards.

I don't know if it was possible to input it like that before, but it definitely feels easier than the standard input of 4U4 and you don't have to worry about getting an accidental jump this way since the s4 will keep you on the ground if you mess up the input.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
With the s4 frame change also making stanky leg come out faster, it's not easier to execute by doublt-tapping 4~4 and then pressing up immediately afterwards.

I don't know if it was possible to input it like that before, but it definitely feels easier than the standard input of 4U4 and you don't have to worry about getting an accidental jump this way since the s4 will keep you on the ground if you mess up the input.
Yes it was possible to input it that way pre-patch. The input itself feels harder than it was before though :/.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
isnt it DD4 or am i missing something?
You are indeed missing something :p

DU4 is the fake ground pound. If Reptile is set to block and ex-slide reversal, and you do F2U2-DU4, you can block.

Under the same circumstance, if you do F2U2-DD4, Reptile will hit you every time... even with ex-DD4.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
You are indeed missing something :p

DU4 is the fake ground pound. If Reptile is set to block and ex-slide reversal, and you do F2U2-DU4, you can block.

Under the same circumstance, if you do F2U2-DD4, Reptile will hit you every time... even with ex-DD4.
aww i see kind sir... is that what is up with jax's knee up at end of that one combo???? similar or not?

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Yea she's pretty sweeeet, but I'm personally still having trouble with her poke game.
Use the shotgun as a poke and stay away from opponents unless they make mistakes. Whiff punish with Forward 12 2+4 and follow up with a juggle into the shot gun reset. This character seems like the only time she's good up close is when our opponent is stunned or begging to be punished. She has T-rex arms and her D4 might be our best bet for a decent ranged low

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I picked up Shotgun Jacqui and coming from Kano. It feels pretty damn godlike!
Coming from a character with a footsie/neutral game from the gods to a character with range as a flaw feels godlike? Lol I don't get that. I can see how the 50/50 is better though and the increase in damage.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Coming from a character with a footsie/neutral game from the gods to a character with range as a flaw feels godlike? Lol I don't get that. I can see how the 50/50 is better though and the increase in damage.
You misunderstood. In other words, IN MY OPINION, grinding Cybernetic Kano out from the start has actually leveled up my game and picking up this post-patch Shotgun Jacqui who blesses me with an overhead / low option into a standing reset feels pretty godlike. IN MY OPINION, meaning that's just how I feel you damn troll lol stahpppp already. Her range won't bother me after I grind her out. Kano is still my boo

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You misunderstood. In other words, IN MY OPINION, grinding Cybernetic Kano out from the start has actually leveled up my game and picking up this post-patch Shotgun Jacqui who blesses me with an overhead / low option into a standing reset feels pretty godlike. IN MY OPINION, meaning that's just how I feel you damn troll lol stahpppp already. Her range won't bother me after I grind her out. Kano is still my boo
I'm not trolling...Shotgun Jacqui has always been a main variation of mine and her range (or lack thereof) can be an issue quite often, especially on her low which could/can whiff even after a jump attack, never mind how much worse her armoured specials are than Kanos. I understand that's your opinion and I'm not saying you're wrong that Shotgun is an upgrade in some ways, I'm just trying to understand where you were coming from with what you said was all :p

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
I'm not trolling...Shotgun Jacqui has always been a main variation of mine and her range (or lack thereof) can be an issue quite often, especially on her low which could/can whiff even after a jump attack, never mind how much worse her armoured specials are than Kanos. I understand that's your opinion and I'm not saying you're wrong that Shotgun is an upgrade in some ways, I'm just trying to understand where you were coming from with what you said was all :p
Her low starter is weird... I admit. But I've figured out ways to condition my opponent to block that massive overhead and incorporate the 50/50, along with some of the on hit advantage that has been shared. I feel that I can commit to more and have an option to stay safe. This character is so dope now lol, I gave her a try in the beginning but she's been amped!

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I've gotten better using d2 as anti-air, but not s1. You can even do d2 and then ex-db2 for a restand/combo.

I can't get s1 to anti-air EVER against Sub-Zero's JiP. Are you sure s1 is a good anti-air?

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I've gotten better using d2 as anti-air, but not s1. You can even do d2 and then ex-db2 for a restand/combo.

I can't get s1 to anti-air EVER against Sub-Zero's JiP. Are you sure s1 is a good anti-air?
It is, and for cross ups. I like D3 better because it low profiles, but... Sub has one of the largest vertical hitboxes on a jip and is not anywhere near your average jip. That fucker... Backdash and armor are your friends against Sub ji's

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Yea I can't get s1 to AA at all... but maybe it's just online. Having quite an easy time AA-ing with d2 though.