What's new

Move List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs 9/1/15 changes.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
That is pulling a 180. DF Liu Kang is built around run cancel pressure- ie, jailing from one string into another. That's how the character was designed to be played. Now his main block string (F213) can only jail on block into another F213 if your execution is frame perfect (good luck with that in a real match). Tempest Lao was specifically buffed to have his hat jail, so this kind of thing isn't an accident. Same with Shinnok.

Then they subsequently nerfed everything that got popular. Johnny is still rolling flush with amazingly plus cancels, but that probably won't survive Dizzy winning a tournament or two with A-list. Or Tom Brady making another butt hurt video. It really seems to me that NRS, for whatever reason, just does NOT do the math on these kind of moves (even when it's in the frame data in game for all to see). Either that, or they have no idea what they're trying to accomplish with them and yo-yo the nerfs/buffs after the fact.
That wasn't the design they wanted if they were changed not to do that. Don't be surprised if they finally remove that from both characters. When it comes to Lao and Shinnok, remember, they were fixed so that their stuff would work on block as intended. The frame data uses algorithms, likely based on the info for the animation, so it wouldn't surprise me if they simply didn't really catch the block advantages.

But that second paragraph, I agree with a bit. Some of the stuff seems obvious enough to catch, but again, it's already a lot of shit to keep up with, so it's whatever. It sucks, but I can't be mad that they are still fixing it all.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The frame data uses algorithms, likely based on the info for the animation, so it wouldn't surprise me if they simply didn't really catch the block advantages.
So you really think the frame data is just a happenstance result of the animations? There is no possible way that they leave something that important up to chance. Maybe some stuff gets by them because the fireball cancels complicate things, but I'm not buying the Tempest Lao hat spin and Shinnok buffs were accidental. Most likely they overbuffed, then felt the need to nerf after seeing the monsters they created.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So you really think the frame data is just a happenstance result of the animations? There is no possible way that they leave something that important up to chance. Maybe some stuff gets by them because the fireball cancels complicate things, but I'm not buying the Tempest Lao hat spin and Shinnok buffs were accidental. Most likely they overbuffed, then felt the need to nerf after seeing the monsters they created.
Paulo has stated at least once before that algorithms are used to get the frame data. (Presumably to make it easier to get it in there)

I'm not trying to excuse them missing this stuff, BTW. Obviously, it should be caught beforehand. A lot of it is obvious.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Paulo has stated at least once before that algorithms are used to get the frame data. (Presumably to make it easier to get it in there)

I'm not trying to excuse them missing this stuff, BTW. Obviously, it should be caught beforehand. A lot of it is obvious.
I think what Paulo meant by that statement was that the frame data displayed in the pause menu is automatically generated based on some sort of algorithm. It doesn't mean the frame data is just randomly based on the animation. It's an integral part of the balance of the game. They determine the frame data based on the risk/reward of the move and many other factors I'm sure.

Does the last hit of Jacqui's F2,U2, 2+4 come out on block now? I know she can cancel into Ground Pound (low), so I'm wondering if she gets a mixup with the OH?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Does the last hit of Jacqui's F2,U2, 2+4 come out on block now? I know she can cancel into Ground Pound (low), so I'm wondering if she gets a mixup with the OH?
She does get a mixup.

It also comes out on whiff, as does cancelling into the ground pound/fake out from f2u2.

She does get a mixup.

It also comes out on whiff, as does cancelling into the ground pound/fake out from f2u2.
Thanks. Good to know. Wonder why that wasn't mentioned in the notes, cause I was sure she couldn't do that before.
Yes, its come on block. But here is huge gap
So do armor moves kill the whole mixup? Or can you just bait the armor by faking the Ground Pound?