What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

H
Hello,

I'm new to these forums. Although my main is Sub Zero Grandmaster, but by considering that many fighters like you choose a secondary to hide their main I decided to train myself with Jacqui.

I have a question to you guys who might have ran upon this problem.

I was just practicing with Jacqui to try a kombo, but instead of using the Enhanced Low blow, she uses the X-Ray.

I was trying this korner kombination:

FJ2> F1,2,2+4> 1,2> 2,3,3> DB+2+R2.

I wanted to keep moving on with more kombo, but the last input does the X-Ray. Any idea what's going on?
is your release check off

Cosmos

Noob
Seeing all the love for stanky leg thought i'd just throw it out there instead of s1 f2u2xxdu4 4xxbf4 26%? You can do Stanky leg, rc, stanky leg, rc, 1, f2u2xxdu4 4xxbf4 for 33% meterless if you guys are feeling game ;)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Seeing all the love for stanky leg thought i'd just throw it out there instead of s1 f2u2xxdu4 4xxbf4 26%? You can do Stanky leg, rc, stanky leg, rc, 1, f2u2xxdu4 4xxbf4 for 33% meterless if you guys are feeling game ;)
Can also do 1, 4~db2, RUN~4~bf4 which is much easier and does like 31%?

In shotgun you can do s1, 11~db2, ji1~f2u2~du4, 4~bf4. Or go for a restand instead.

In high tech you can (pfffft no one actually seriously uses high tech). Although I tend to omit stanky for consistency.

Cosmos

Noob
Can also do 1, 4~db2, RUN~4~bf4 which is much easier and does like 31%?

In shotgun you can do s1, 11~db2, ji1~f2u2~du4, 4~bf4. Or go for a restand instead.

In high tech you can (pfffft no one actually seriously uses high tech). Although I tend to omit stanky for consistency.
It's funny you say that as I was talking about high tech aha.

In Full Auto I imagine max damage is stanky leg, rc, 4~db2, rc, 4~bf4.

Shotgun i'd use something like stanky leg, rc, 1, f2u2~du4 11~db2 for restand but I don't play shotgun so i'm not sure what optimal scenario is :3

I'll have a look in a bit and see what I get in each one as stanky leg is a very consistent anti-air especially with all the extra leniency from XL :)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I dont think this combo is good for real game. Very inconsistent with 4up4 timing.
Somewhat unrelated,

You can do:

grounded starter~db2(ex), dash, njp, 1, f2u2~du4, 4~bf4 without needing to use stamina to connect the s1. You can just walk in.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
That combo seems inconsistent to me, i can't hit it on a few characters where the njp whiffs for no reason..
The njp shouldn't be whiffing. I've never had any issues before. Just make sure you're doing an early njp (so that it would hit mid normally)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
The njp shouldn't be whiffing. I've never had any issues before. Just make sure you're doing an early njp (so that it would hit mid normally)
Can you get it on Sub, Mileena and BRC? Those 3 seems randomly where her hands goes through them without a hit. Might just be me fuckin up though..

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Just picked up Jacqui yesterday and finding 4u4 semi consistent on stick. What can I get off of stanky leg as an anti air midscreen? When is it best used in neutral? And is it worth it to use in combos?

On that last bit, any suggested 4u4 combos are lovely.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just picked up Jacqui yesterday and finding 4u4 semi consistent on stick. What can I get off of stanky leg as an anti air midscreen? When is it best used in neutral? And is it worth it to use in combos?

On that last bit, any suggested 4u4 combos are lovely.
In which variation?

The universal (high tech) combo is:
4u4, RUN~1, f2u2~du4, 4~bf4

Full auto:
4u4, RUN~4~db2, RUN~1, f2u2~du4, 4~bf4

Shotgun:
4u4, RUN~12~db2, ji1, f2u2~du4, 12~db2

In neutral you use it basically whenever. It's very hard to whiff punish and plus on block with ridiculous pushback. Think of it like Mileena's b12 but with half the range. It's also very good as a punish particularly against things like kotal's armoured overhead that leaves her out of s1 range.

It is 100% worth using in corner combos as it ups her damage by a good 5%.

Unless you're using high tech, you really don't need to use it in midscreen combos (although optimal damage against females requires it).

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Well I listed the shotgun anti air/grounded 4u4 combo anyways.

grounded starter=121, 1212, b14, 33, b33

Midscreen against females;
grounded starter~db2(ex), ji1, 4u4, RUN~1, f2u2~du4, 4~db2

Corner:
grounded starter~db2(ex), 33~bf2, 4u4, 4u4, 4u4, 11, 11, 12~bf4

grounded starter(except 1212)~bf2, 4u4, 4u4, 4u4, 11, 11, 12~bf4

grounded starter (except 1212)~bf2, 4u4, 4u4, 4u4, 11, 11, 11, 12~db2(ex), 33~df2 [standing reset]

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I don't know why it took me so long to try out this character. Easily the second most fun character I've used, and only falls behind vanilla CSZ.

How do I get this Pilot Jacqui without the mobile game tho?