What's new

Guide - High Tech Jacque's Block Jail omg

omooba

fear the moobs
If you get hit by the burst, the block trap is over. You can delay wakeup, techroll, wakeup fast with a normal etc to try to get out.

I don't think 114~db2 is gauranteed in the corner. Midscreen it works on a few characters because of the knockback distance.

She doesn't have jailing 50/50 run cancels. She has an overhead that jails into a mid/high.

It's not an infinite because she runs out of her level 1 buff eventually. Trust me, it's not easy to put people in this trap. I've tried it many times and when it works you might get 20-30% out of it. You usually have to sacrifice damage in order to get a buff activated. Once you do activate, you just handed all your plus frames over to the opponent, so you will never get a full 12 seconds of f12~QB. You will probably not even put them in the trap because usually they have meter to get out, which takes no timing at all and results in a full combo for them.

In the rare chance that you activate buff, put them in the trap and they have no meter to get out, you are basically guaranteed only 12-15% damage, maybe more. It looks better on paper than it is in practice.
1,1,4 guantlet is always safe against reptile ex slide from what i can tell at least (but 2,1,2 works too ) but it seems like you have to sacrifice a decent amount of dmg to be plus. don't think that's enough to say it's too hard to call out
i could be wrong but i think i saw a video where someone jailed b3 run cancel. will edit it in tomorrow if i find it, else my bad
lastly when her lvl 1 buff ends. if i decided to block everything it does 50% chip. if i just ate the df2's. i take a little less than 50. but yeah there's the mind games of delayed wake up at my disposal ,that i agree with.
but i don't play here so yeah she might just be broke on paper. but the fact that the gauntlets give her this much seems a little too much IMO. it's the most damaging pseudo infinite that's been in the game and the rest got taken out why not this? it wouldn't even hurt her much if they just reduced the advantage. she'd still have her run cancels and shit. idk i just think this thing is too similar to every other infinite that's been tak

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
1,1,4 guantlet is always safe against reptile ex slide from what i can tell at least (but 2,1,2 works too ) but it seems like you have to sacrifice a decent amount of dmg to be plus. don't think that's enough to say it's too hard to call out
i could be wrong but i think i saw a video where someone jailed b3 run cancel. will edit it in tomorrow if i find it, else my bad
lastly when her lvl 1 buff ends. if i decided to block everything it does 50% chip. if i just ate the df2's. i take a little less than 50. but yeah there's the mind games of delayed wake up at my disposal ,that i agree with.
but i don't play here so yeah she might just be broke on paper. but the fact that the gauntlets give her this much seems a little too much IMO. it's the most damaging pseudo infinite that's been in the game and the rest got taken out why not this? it wouldn't even hurt her much if they just reduced the advantage. she'd still have her run cancels and shit. idk i just think this thing is too similar to every other infinite that's been tak
114 is not safe against slide lol. What combo are you using?

You want to nerf an incredibly situational setup of a low tier character just because? Think about it, does this setup make Jacqui over powered? No.

It's not like 'every other infinite' because:

1 - it requires gauntlet charge to be active
2 - it requires Jacqui to actually touch you with her stumpy little arms.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
There are ways of calling out gauntlet buffs mid screen, but you might have to eat a projectile, or at least block one, and be very negative and have to work your way back in. Same thing with ending combos with 114~db2. Always test this against tech roll as well. Ending combos with 212 sacrifices damage. Usually a significant amount.

b3 can jail into standing 1, but it's an extremely difficult run cancel. Probably harder than D'Vorah's b1 cancel. Anyway, it's got terrible range and it's the same 50/50 that she always had. It either starts with a low or an overhead. It's not like she puts you in a jailing blockstring and then you have to guess a 50/50. The 50/50 always comes first.

She has tons of bad matchups in this variation, even with this somewhat dirty tactic. It's one of the few things she has that can really swing the match back in her favor. If they nerfed this, she would probably get played even less. Hell, I can't even remember the last time I saw a HT Jacqui on a stream.

omooba

fear the moobs
114 is not safe against slide lol. What combo are you using?

You want to nerf an incredibly situational setup of a low tier character just because? Think about it, does this setup make Jacqui over powered? No.

It's not like 'every other infinite' because:

1 - it requires gauntlet charge to be active
2 - it requires Jacqui to actually touch you with her stumpy little arms.
Number two is invalid. That's like saying my character sucks so leave me with an infinite. And she doesn't even suck anymore.
Secondly I did b2 then spammed 1,1 4 times then 1,1,4 not optimal but safe. B2-1,1-1,1,4 is plus though. Seems like scaling changes the frame data, I would try with 2,1,2 on optimal combos if I knew them. So yeah this is definitely doable.

omooba

fear the moobs
There are ways of calling out gauntlet buffs mid screen, but you might have to eat a projectile, or at least block one, and be very negative and have to work your way back in. Same thing with ending combos with 114~db2. Always test this against tech roll as well. Ending combos with 212 sacrifices damage. Usually a significant amount.

b3 can jail into standing 1, but it's an extremely difficult run cancel. Probably harder than D'Vorah's b1 cancel. Anyway, it's got terrible range and it's the same 50/50 that she always had. It either starts with a low or an overhead. It's not like she puts you in a jailing blockstring and then you have to guess a 50/50. The 50/50 always comes first.

She has tons of bad matchups in this variation, even with this somewhat dirty tactic. It's one of the few things she has that can really swing the match back in her favor. If they nerfed this, she would probably get played even less. Hell, I can't even remember the last time I saw a HT Jacqui on a stream.
Other then general Jacqui problems what's wrong with the variation? Nothing wrong with sacrificing dmg for a set up. There's a lot of characters that do this and again if they have no meter you will get guaranteed profit of this. Losing this really won't hurt her enough to say she shouldn't have it. Especially since you're saying it can't be used. Come on man from no bar this is 45 to 50%

stosn

Noob
I would like to see your Jacqui in the tournament. Easy 1st place for broken charater with infinite
I wonder why no one use it before.
Oh wait, its Jacqui :DOGE

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Other then general Jacqui problems what's wrong with the variation? Nothing wrong with sacrificing dmg for a set up. There's a lot of characters that do this and again if they have no meter you will get guaranteed profit of this. Losing this really won't hurt her enough to say she shouldn't have it. Especially since you're saying it can't be used. Come on man from no bar this is 45 to 50%
HT is one of the worst variations in the game. She has no space control, no footsies, no anti-zoning. When she gets going, she can be a beast, but she has no way to initiate her offense. You basically have to run in or jump in with her. Almost every MU in the game seems to be out of her favor due to the bad pokes and having no priority on her footsie tools. Alot of characters can abuse d4 and d3 against her, leaving her with no viable counter poke.

And I already explained why the 45-50% will never happen, even if they have no bar. You will most likely max out at something around 20-25%. Then you have to subtract whatever damage you gave up to get your buff out.

The best way for people to understand is to pick her up for a week, take her online and see for yourself. Like @stosn said, if it's so broken and easy, you should be getting an easy 50% chip damage all the time and winning most of your matches.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
HT is one of the worst variations in the game. She has no space control, no footsies, no anti-zoning. When she gets going, she can be a beast, but she has no way to initiate her offence. You basically have to run in or jump in with her. Almost every MU in the game seems to be out of her favor due to the bad pokes and having no priority on her footsie tools. Alot of characters can abuse d4 and d3 against her, leaving her with no viable counter poke.

And I already explained why the 45-50% will never happen, even if they have no bar. You will most likely max out at something around 20-25%. Then you have to subtract whatever damage you gave up to get your buff out.

The best way for people to understand is to pick her up for a week, take her online and see for yourself. Like @stosn said, if it's so broken and easy, you should be getting an easy 50% chip damage all the time and winning most of your matches.
aight i'll pick her up. but regardless of how bad she is i can't see why she needs this. you've said yourself it can't be used so why not just reduce the plus frames? shit they can make the start up faster. make anything faster but it's definitely not necessary. and the reason you said the 45-50 won't happen is they can just get hit and eat her oki? bro you're saying the reason she doesn't have an infinite is you can get hit and eat oki. not a valid reason IMO

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
aight i'll pick her up. but regardless of how bad she is i can't see why she needs this. you've said yourself it can't be used so why not just reduce the plus frames? shit they can make the start up faster. make anything faster but it's definitely not necessary. and the reason you said the 45-50 won't happen is they can just get hit and eat her oki? bro you're saying the reason she doesn't have an infinite is you can get hit and eat oki. not a valid reason IMO
It can be used, but it's no guaranteed 50% damage. It's good, but not broken and she needs it.

omooba

fear the moobs
It can be used, but it's no guaranteed 50% damage. It's good, but not broken and she needs it.
there's no way she needs. not guaranteed yes but they likeliness of you getting out of this is not that low. basically you're saying it's so hard for her to get in that she should get a close to block infinite. (still an infinite IMO). but i'll stop arguing about it. just hope i'm wrong cus if this gets abused you can bet i'm blaming you specifically for tearing the game (lol sorry couldn't stop myself)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
How've you gone with High Tech Jacqui so far? Found out how OP she is yet?

Cosmos

Noob
I still actually have yet to try full auto...i love shot gun but i feel i might have to pick that variation up..i just hate the idea of doing run combos..
They can be a little scary when you're first approaching the game but they are a consistent mechanic across a lot of characters so it's definitely worth learning.

My advice is to go to the lab with cassie and just get used to doing run combos from Exflipkick. When you find yourself getting faster and more consistent then make the transistion over to Jacqui :)

omooba

fear the moobs
How've you gone with High Tech Jacqui so far? Found out how OP she is yet?
it is so depressing dude.
you get abused by everything
zoning
d4s
ranged normals
armor breaking pressure
so so sad
but her offense IMO is one of the best in the game just not worth all the bullying especially d4's that low profile
glad i learnt her though.
probably does need the infinite. but i feel like if someone was just a spacing God with her. they would do really well(not likely)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
it is so depressing dude.
you get abused by everything
zoning
d4s
ranged normals
armor breaking pressure
so so sad
but her offense IMO is one of the best in the game just not worth all the bullying especially d4's that low profile
glad i learnt her though.
probably does need the infinite. but i feel like if someone was just a spacing God with her. they would do really well(not likely)
Yeah it is depressing :/.

Honest question, how many times did you get the full 50% against a competent player?

omooba

fear the moobs
Yeah it is depressing :/.

Honest question, how many times did you get the full 50% against a competent player?
never nope not once. it did help with baiting armor a lot cus they always instantly amor but never had them there with no bar for them to just take it