What's new

J360: My thoughts on Injustice at NYCCC

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Why shouldn't I just stand fullscreen and spam? What is my incentive to actually engage my opponent? Even with no timer I foresee A LOT of ragequitting when this game goes online. Sometimes designers need to think about what players won't do as much as they try to figure out what they will do.
alot of characters can close distance very quickly, its not going to be that easy

Shady

Noob
alot of characters can close distance very quickly, its not going to be that easy
Pretty much that, a few characters that I've seen have great mobility tools. Cyborg can use his grappling hook, Batman has the same, but he actually attacks out of it. Flash can dash both to attack and to slide under projectiles. It's a lot harder to flat out zone against a lot of the cast, at least from what we've seen so far.

I also found a great set up with the Flash if anyone cares. One of his basic strings (don't remember which one) gives a really decent amount of stun off hit and can be cancelled into either time-slow or running dash stance (not sure of actual move names here lol). That way you can continuously keep pressure. IF you do time slow, it's pretty much a free jump in/cross up because opponent's recover is also affected by the special now, not just stun.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Deadly bison on youtube was doing a interview with hector, talks a bit about some stuff, says they want to buff the training mode.
The fun part though, if you noticed whats going on in the background on the big screen, its J360 vs Revolver, heh.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
"This alone won me over, never in the history of fighting games have i ever heard of developers including frame data within the games own move list, this is very helpful for those who want to take the game to a tournament level."

VF5FS? DOA5? :)

"This alone won me over, never in the history of fighting games have i ever heard of developers including frame data within the games own move list, this is very helpful for those who want to take the game to a tournament level."

You beat me to it. Still, it's rare for frame data to be in game, and offhand I can't think of a 2D fighter that's done it before Injustice. I definitely like that it's becoming more common for frame data to be in game.

btw DOA5 owns y'all should play it

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
You beat me to it. Still, it's rare for frame data to be in game, and offhand I can't think of a 2D fighter that's done it before Injustice. I definitely like that it's becoming more common for frame data to be in game.

btw DOA5 owns y'all should play it
I hope in-game frame data becomes the norm. I believe it also helps the developers create a better game with proper blockstun and pushback to stop block infinites. The mere fact that NRS is aware of the importance of frame data is a big step in the right direction.

Also, shoutouts to VF5:FS button config and button/stick check at the character select screen.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The thing that I'm thinking is that there's no timer, which is how NRS is thinking they'll prevent lame style, but I'm not entirely sure that will prevail.
Back at E3 they said there is going to be a timer.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

yea ive never heard of it before seeing as how ive never played those games so this was awesome to me

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Well, Injustice looks to be the first 2D game to have done it cause I don't ever remember any other 2D game doing it either.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Hi. If someone wanted to prep for Injustice with games that are out, would it better to stick with MK9, MKvDC, or mix? Thanks.
stick to mk9. mkdc is 3d and just all around bad. injustice uses a combo system very similar to mk9 so playing mk will prepare you better. and people are still actually playing mk so finding opponents will be that much easier.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Did anyone get to hunt for EX moves? I'm trying to find out anything I can about enhanced moves if any were available. That and if Grundy had gotten any better on his stuff. Guy looks super scoutable and i'm trying to find out about ex moves, armor, counters, speed on seismic stomp/swamp hands and if they knock people towards him and anything else that might get the guy an opening. Currently I see no way for him to start his offense except off of anti air grabs or grab off of mid screen seismic stomp/swamp hands.

Hoping to hear he's developed more in this build since we know he wasn't finished due to the place holder names and such on his movelist. His normals look too slow to initiate with to me so I'm hoping his tools were being added later...