What's new

IT'S OVER 9000!!!-The Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 Discussion Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So I just got the game today and this tutorial is helping me with cancelling string. I didn't even know you could do that in 2004 when I first got the game damn near 10 years ago lol. Hope this helps anyone out.

By the way I have Budokai 1 & 3 HD Collection. I'm referring to 3.
The entire guide transfers between each Budokai game. Shin Budokai and Burst Limit have an extra cancel with energy attacks.

Budokai 3 is such a good game...sucks the HD Collection didn't ship with online play. Also, it's a shame there was never a third Shin Budokai...the games really, really improved on what Budokai 3 started.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
The entire guide transfers between each Budokai game. Shin Budokai and Burst Limit have an extra cancel with energy attacks.
Yeah that's what dude said. I tried to play B1 first, but I couldn't get into like that. Maybe later. For now I'm practicing my Goku combos. At one point I could beat the cpu on Z3 with no problem. I'm exited to finally have this game again.

THTB

Yeah that's what dude said. I tried to play B1 first, but I couldn't get into like that. Maybe later. For now I'm practicing my Goku combos. At one point I could beat the cpu on Z3 with no problem. I'm exited to finally have this game again.
Yeah, going back to the first two games is so lame. Not many usable characters (especially the first game, where basically only Goku and Frieza were viable), and they didn't figure out how to build around guard cancels yet, and so dodging not existing is a huge problem.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Yeah, going back to the first two games is so lame. Not many usable characters (especially the first game, where basically only Goku and Frieza were viable), and they didn't figure out how to build around guard cancels yet, and so dodging not existing is a huge problem.
Exactly. It's so many features they added to 3 that when you go back to play 1 it doesn't even feel right lol.

THTB

Exactly. It's so many features they added to 3 that when you go back to play 1 it doesn't even feel right lol.
Lol there were legitimate infinites that could be started off of simple pressure, but it did require solid execution. Top level Budokai takes a little bit to get to, because just-frame cancels are a must. You can't do it, you won't be getting the best frame advantage you need to pressure and poke.

THTB

One thing that reminds me why I love the Budokai games...the meter system. SOOOOO much depth...meter is so important and affects so many things. From how much damage you do in your moves individually, to how much damage you take. Having a high baseline is great for a lot of situations, but a fatal flaw when it comes to being caught with 2 bars or less. And the combos you can accomplish alter with how far under 3 bars your opponent has. Meter management and awareness is a huge thing to be capable of.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
One thing that reminds me why I love the Budokai games...the meter system. SOOOOO much depth...meter is so important and affects so many things. From how much damage you do in your moves individually, to how much damage you take. Having a high baseline is great for a lot of situations, but a fatal flaw when it comes to being caught with 2 bars or less. And the combos you can accomplish alter with how far under 3 bars your opponent has. Meter management and awareness is a huge thing to be capable of.
Yo would you happen to know how to unlock Coolers regular & Ultimate move?