What's new

IT'S OVER 9000!!!-The Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 Discussion Thread

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
This is a thread that I created for all who enjoy this game to post tips and strategies, or just talk about what they like and don't like in the game. Character discussions are highly welcomed, and any tournament footage would be awesome. Let's make this the go to place for this underrated game, since I don't think there is another one.

RM Truth

No fair, I had old ass budokai 1.. budokai 3 does look fun to play.

It was an awsome game. I know a decent amount about the game, but from the last thread of this game, it sounds like THTB might be the go to guy for anything on the series.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Budokai HD Collection exists, which means YOU CAN USE YOUR FIGHTSTICKS!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I know a bit about Budokai 3, but my knowledge on that is still pretty spotty since I came around late into the game's lifespan and didn't heavily play it. I'm more knowledgeable about IW than I am any of the other games, really.

RM Truth

I'll just go ahead and get started.

Main: Teen Gohan

Subs: Piccolo
Bardock
Trunks
Broly

RM Truth

Might as well change the title to include any Budokai game and IW. Can I change it or does a mod have to?

Lahs2855

Noob
All the intros and soundtrack to all 3 budokais were pretty gdlk too. They really dropped the ball on the other 3 (tenkaichi) games. Since I saw this thread, the budokai 3 into song has been stuck in my head.

RM Truth

All the intros and soundtrack to all 3 budokais were pretty gdlk too. They really dropped the ball on the other 3 (tenkaichi) games. Since I saw this thread, the budokai 3 into song has been stuck in my head.

Truly, the greatest of opening themes.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Grab that Budokai 1 disc and throw it out the window. Then go buy Budokai 3.:)But seriously, you should get the HD collection. This is just my opinion, but Budokai 3 is leagues above the first. Though, I prefer the graphics in the first one.

Lahs2855

Noob
Grab that Budokai 1 disc and throw it out the window. Then go buy Budokai 3.:)But seriously, you should get the HD collection. This is just my opinion, but Budokai 3 is leagues above the first. Though, I prefer the graphics in the first one.
I want to buy the HD collection, but Ive herd they couldn't get the full original soundtrack so they rehashed some previously used stuff. Is that true? I want to get it, but I want full nostalgia value, or nothing.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I want to buy the HD collection, but Ive herd they couldn't get the full original soundtrack so they rehashed some previously used stuff. Is that true? I want to get it, but I want full nostalgia value, or nothing.
That is true and it was very disappointing turning on the game and not hearing that awesome B3 intro. This new one is garbage.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm

Wait theres an HD collection?

Budokai 3 was fun and imo the best Dragonaball Z game.

Lahs2855

Noob
Does anyone have a person review on the budokai like dbz game that came out near the death of the ps2. I believe it was called infinate world. I saw it at a store of mine when I was buying Final Fantasy X, and I though about getting it.

THTB

That is true and it was very disappointing turning on the game and not hearing that awesome B3 intro. This new one is garbage.
They used Tenkaichi's music from the 2nd one onward. Reason being is that the guy who composed the original Budokai trilogy's soundtrack, Kenji Yamamoto, was fired amidst allegations of plagiarism, which it actually pretty much was. A lot of his songs were clearly ripped off of a lot of classic songs if you know a lot of music. To avoid any further controversy, every song he composed was replaced by music from the second and third Tenkaichi games. The only game to be re-released with new music outside of a collection pack is Raging Blast 2.

THTB

Does anyone have a person review on the budokai like dbz game that came out near the death of the ps2. I believe it was called infinate world. I saw it at a store of mine when I was buying Final Fantasy X, and I though about getting it.
Infinite World is essentially Budokai 4. It has a lot of features the Shin Budokai games for the PSP and Burst Limit added, such as special cancels from every string, the Heavy Slam (with Burst Limit's additional cancel from that), aura dashes, ultimate guard, and Burst Limit's stun meter. A lot of this was ported over to Budokai 3, albeit untested as all hell.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
So I just got the game today and this tutorial is helping me with cancelling string. I didn't even know you could do that in 2004 when I first got the game damn near 10 years ago lol. Hope this helps anyone out.

By the way I have Budokai 1 & 3 HD Collection. I'm referring to 3.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Bodukai 3 is the shit and I WISH they made a new DBZ that was playing in tournaments lol (with functioning online).

When i played Bodukai 3 I usually picked Vegeta or Super Buu / Kid buu, but i also enjoyed transforming into Gogeta and Gogeta SSJ4 along with Gotenks

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Bodukai 3 is the shit and I WISH they made a new DBZ that was playing in tournaments lol (with functioning online).

When i played Bodukai 3 I usually picked Vegeta or Super Buu / Kid buu, but i also enjoyed transforming into Gogeta and Gogeta SSJ4 along with Gotenks
Yeah man all it needs is online! I'd try to start a scene for this shit if it did have it.