What's new

Its been a long time coming..

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
explain? i mean i don't care much for nightwolf. But its not like he has shit tools like kano or anything o-0 i always thought he was actually pretty good...what new discovery is it that makes him so bad?

NKZero

Noob
explain? i mean i don't care much for nightwolf. But its not like he has shit tools like kano or anything o-0 i always thought he was actually pretty good...what new discovery is it that makes him so bad?
Well here are the negatives I can think of:
1) high hit-box
2) no low/overhead starter
3) very average projectile
4) he is a turtle character yet has to take risks if he wants to turtle
5) his main tool to get in/close space is neutral duck punishable

He isn't bad at all but maybe just not tourney level like many characters in this game. The thing he always has going for him though is great damage combined with the fear of EX lightning to pick you back up again. You have to respect his game but once you are used to it, it's far from intimidating. LOTF and Big D are certainly exaggerating his flaws but in a sense I can understand why they felt the need to leave the character.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Well here are the negatives I can think of:
1) high hit-box
2) no low/overhead starter
3) very average projectile
4) he is a turtle character yet has to take risks if he wants to turtle
5) his main tool to get in/close space is neutral duck punishable

He isn't bad at all but maybe just not tourney level like many characters in this game. The thing he always has going for him though is great damage combined with the fear of EX lightning to pick you back up again. You have to respect his game but once you are used to it, it's far from intimidating. LOTF and Big D are certainly exaggerating his flaws but in a sense I can understand why they felt the need to leave the character.
We are not exaggerating anything...the level of play has outgrown NW in every possible way. We finally see his tools for what they are. I'll play him casually but never again in tournaments. I still love the character.

NKZero

Noob
We are not exaggerating anything...the level of play has outgrown NW in every possible way. We finally see his tools for what they are. I'll play him casually but never again in tournaments. I still love the character.
I agree in that he is not tourney viable but he is still tough to beat against a lot of characters. It's just the top tier (frequent tournament showers) e.g. Kabal, Kung Lao, Sonya etc. who give him problems. But to say he is bottom 5 is a big exaggeration to say the least. He's low-mid tier around Cyber Sub (who is also underrated) level. He's the stage before the shit tier.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
its not the character,its the players man.its amazing how no one realized that he's top 5 and really played him to the level he's capable of being played.its such a shame no nightwolf main has that godlike execution thats needed.
Let me explain something very quick. If you are not trolling, you are dead wrong. It doesnt matter how much I love the character, he is not top 5. And honestly, I would really like for you to prove me wrong; I REALLY would. But the point is that although the player plays the majority of the role in successing in tourneys, the player needs a minimum amount of tools to beat the top characters in the game.

Going back a few months ago, Nightwolf was VERY tournament reliable. But as the game grew, so did other players. And although us NW users grew in skill level as well, we were being weighed down by the limitations of this character. I love NW, but there really isnt much else I can do with him. My peak with him was at Final Round, and thats good enough for me.

NKZero

Noob
NKZero His b,1,1,hatchet and b,2,2 start off as mids, but thats pretty much it I believe.
Yeah I just remembered those...had a mental block for a minute. B2 is pretty slow in the neutral game but has sufficient range and B1 is a good string because of the meter build. If only he had more stagger strings like F3 then it would be useful.

As suicidal as this sounds I'm thinking of picking him back up again...

He has no 50 - 50 scenario, for the most part NW is more honest then Kano, nothing realy dirty or dangrous about him. he really has no reason to win any mu beside haveing solid footsies. But he is preaty busted, poor guy need a fix and solid buff

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
why is it only the rushdown characters that seem to have all the best stuff i wonder...

RiverHB

Noob
His F+3 should hit low. Why doesn't it? Sektor, Kenshi, Lui Kang, etc. have good low combo starters. The Shoulder and Lightning moves are good but unsafe. Negative edge seems to affect him more than most (could just be me). Sometimes I try and uppercut and get a reflect instead...shit sandwich consumed. If there were a tier list for projectiles, his would be near the bottom. Command grab sucks outside of being "unbreakable" damage. Xray is garbage IMO. He is still fun to use, but I don't blame tournament players for looking elsewhere.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
His F+3 should hit low. Why doesn't it? Sektor, Kenshi, Lui Kang, etc. have good low combo starters.
f+3 not hitting low is the least of Nightwolf's problems. He has no overhead like the other characters do.

I still believe lightning should have been cancelable like Jax's ground pound, EX axe should have been +5 on block, and f+2 should have been an overhead.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Why does everyone want Nightwolf's f3 to hit low without giving him a fucking standalone overhead...???

It boggles my mind that no one factors in how much that change doesn't even make a difference without doing anything extra.

RiverHB

Noob
Would you guys suggest an overhead move that does decent damage by itself or an overhead that leads to a full combo?

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Honest question.

Whats the difference between Kano and NW in tourny play?
If nothing significant...NW is ass.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Let me explain something very quick. If you are not trolling, you are dead wrong. It doesnt matter how much I love the character, he is not top 5. And honestly, I would really like for you to prove me wrong; I REALLY would. But the point is that although the player plays the majority of the role in successing in tourneys, the player needs a minimum amount of tools to beat the top characters in the game.

Going back a few months ago, Nightwolf was VERY tournament reliable. But as the game grew, so did other players. And although us NW users grew in skill level as well, we were being weighed down by the limitations of this character. I love NW, but there really isnt much else I can do with him. My peak with him was at Final Round, and thats good enough for me.
dude im fucking around man.i know full well he's got issues and you and lotf really proved how great you were with the wins and close matches you had with great players with better characters.the fact is you and lotf are far better players than nw allows you to be and i wish you both the best in your character choices for the future because both of you will go really far.so yeah i was trolling,i'll continue to play nightwolf and see if i can find anything usefull.your final round performance was fucking epic btw.