What's new

Its been a long time coming..

Tolkeen

/wrists
Now that you all have quit playing Nightwolf, he's no longer popular. So I'm gonna act like the hipster I always wanted to be and pick him up.

Now I need to figure out how to do that damn arrow trap!

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
He's picking up kabal because he needs all the help he can get lbsh.

NKZero

Noob
Now that you all have quit playing Nightwolf, he's no longer popular. So I'm gonna act like the hipster I always wanted to be and pick him up.

Now I need to figure out how to do that damn arrow trap!
Arrow trap is simply hit confirming 122 or B22 into arrow (you can do EX but why use up a bar?). The stagger on hit means that the opponent must make a guess as to whether you will dash up again and go for a blockstring or hit them with a lightning/EX lightning. If the opponent tries to react to what you do, it's too late. It is purely guesswork on his part (and yours I guess) and he must guess before anything has even happened.

Here are the scenarios after 122-arrow or B22-arrow hits:

1) you go for lightning/EX lightning: if the opponent guesses that you will do this and he jumps, then you are screwed due to huge disadvantage on whiff. However, as soon as he recovers from hit stun he must commit to jump. If he is a split second late, the lightning will catch him and if you do EX lightning you launch him for a combo. If the opponent commits to holding block then he's screwed because obviously the lightning is unblockable.

2) you go in for a repeated blockstring: once again, opponent must try to commit to something before he even sees what you are going for. If he stays blocking, you can block-confirm 122/B22 into axe swing to make the string safe or just finish out the string 1221/B221 (is B221 safe?). If he commits to jump (in fear of lightning) then he is still stuck in the hit stun so before he can even leave the ground, your dash in 122 will catch him and you can either loop the arrow trap or do 122-axe swing into full combo.

So really NW benefits from 3 out of the 4 scenarios I presented to you. He can get massive damage off a correct guess, but at the same time, the one losing option has him full combo punished. I've barely seen this used in high level play because for the most part NW can play a safe game and this is very much high risk/high reward.

If you can hit-confirm 122 why wouldn't you net 40% or so off his BNB or high 30's% instead of hoping for a series of right guesses. Maybe if you are down on life big time and you want to make a Marvel-esque comeback then this could work...but then again if I was the opponent I would just sit and block and eat 30% off EX lightning rather than an infinite loop of 122-arrow.

Use it very sparingly. NW hits hard so no need for the arrow trap to show up consistently in your play.

Anyways hope this explanation helps. LOTF explains this in his guide so if you don't understand what I've written or you want back-up info, check out what he wrote. Feel free to ask questions too.

NKZero

Noob
You shouldn't be here.
Don't play him anymore :p. He just doesn't have much going for him, and Shang is 10x better and 10x funner to play with (even though NW is fun as hell). Still cannot believe I used NW vs your Cage in that Stevenage tourney. What was I thinking? Not Sektor noooo....dumbass NW.

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
Don't play him anymore :p. He just doesn't have much going for him, and Shang is 10x better and 10x funner to play with (even though NW is fun as hell). Still cannot believe I used NW vs your Cage in that Stevenage tourney. What was I thinking? Not Sektor noooo....dumbass NW.
Maaaaan i even said stay sub.

NKZero

Noob
Maaaaan i even said stay sub.
Deep in the realms of my fucked up mind I was thinking I hope this guy thinks NW shoulder is +24 on block and cannot be neutral ducked haha. But you played it well.

Anyways yeah I shouldn't have changed. I don't like to say what might have happened but barring a few stupid risks here and there Sub may have got the job done before I fell 1-2 down. You still strictly Cage? No other chars?

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
Deep in the realms of my fucked up mind I was thinking I hope this guy thinks NW shoulder is +24 on block and cannot be neutral ducked haha. But you played it well.

Anyways yeah I shouldn't have changed. I don't like to say what might have happened but barring a few stupid risks here and there Sub may have got the job done before I fell 1-2 down. You still strictly Cage? No other chars?
KUNG LAO.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
wow! soon it'll only be me left,well at least then i'll be the best nw out there lol. atm im only the best on my street but proberly the worst in europe.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
wow! soon it'll only be me left,well at least then i'll be the best nw out there lol. atm im only the best on my street but proberly the worst in europe.

Train hard, lose respect for opponent - Succeed. Its all up to you!

But always thought NW was meh, his hitbox ruins him IMO.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Train hard, lose respect for opponent - Succeed. Its all up to you!

But always thought NW was meh, his hitbox ruins him IMO.
i havent got the time these days,just play on autopilot now.it'd take months for me to get decent so for now im happy spamming shoulders and crackpipes or going to another one of my shitty characters.

jdhelvick

GET SCALPED
The ancestors really do need to give Nightwolf strength now, the "Pioneers" have turned on him. That's ok it's all about that esports money these days.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The ancestors really do need to give Nightwolf strength now, the "Pioneers" have turned on him. That's ok it's all about that esports money these days.
lol I never won any money at ANY major...only locals. Its just about staying competitive without any excuses. tombstone has 2-8 MU that will never go his way in tournaments like MLG. So for that reason I am dropping him like its hot.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
i don't get whats so bad about nw?
its not the character,its the players man.its amazing how no one realized that he's top 5 and really played him to the level he's capable of being played.its such a shame no nightwolf main has that godlike execution thats needed.