What's new

It has Begun...DLC reveal FRIDAY MAY 31 2019

Comments

That's actually true. But still it's just a lazy writing for me and their way of trying to please as many fans with as little effort. Quite surprising move, considering the fact that NRS know that especially Rain and Smoke were highly requested from day 1. My point is: I'm strongly AGAINST combining certain characters into others (Kitana's sai - really NRS? Really?) but I see that you guys like it, so what more can I say? I need to live with that BUT I need to express my feelings somewhere. I think that this forum is a good medium for that.
I mean if the only way I can play as Stryker is if he's a skin for Erron, I'd play him because he's my favorite character. I understand we want our mains in with their own slot and all the bells and whistles, but I also just want them in SOME capacity rather than not at all.

I don't think it's necessarily that people like it so much as we can't change anything and on top of not being able to change anything, it could be a cool design that we'll really enjoy. I'm excited if Rain is apart of that cause I do like Rain as a character.

The roster needs to please everyone and being selfish, I want it to please me over anyone else. I don't care about the ninja kharacters. Shang having their souls/powers means they're in the game in some form without wasting slots that can be used on other favourites.
Well everyone wants their favs over other peoples favs... And if the roster needs to please everyone then gutting characters or using shades of them for other character will do exactly the opposite.

Its one thing to not include characters... people will be disappointed and then move on and enjoy someone else. But using morphs and moves of character that didnt make the cut is an extra slap in the face to those fans. And if Shang can only regular morph into the ninjas (just visually and/or have some of their special moves) people will be mad and rightfully so.

It would also be sad for Shang cuz i'd rather they get creative and make unique moves for him.

Stryker is awesome... despite MK9 tarnishing him.. but those of us that have been playing long before that still think he is dope. He absolutely deserves a revamp.

Guys... just.. Just stop. There ain't gonna be no Ermac. Ermac died okay. He's dead. He's never coming back ever again... ... until maybe the next title.
We can hope Spawn takes 100% of his toolset, but other than that.. Just accept that he's gone.. and move on. Pl.. plenty more.. fish in ... I can't
Ermacs already dead, You cant kill souls lol. Ermac will be back.

To ppl mad about Shang rumors:

The only ninjas with actual character development and relevance are Scorpion and Sub-Zero, NRS knows this. Kuai Liang seeks to redeem his name and clan by making amends with his rival. Scorpion learned who was truly responsible for his clan's destruction, and learns to temper his rage.

NRS seems to only want to bring on characters they are interested in writing for.

They were clearly writing off reptile in MKX. He was the last of his race and had no master to job for, what were they gonna do with him in 11? Just have him keep jobbing with no real consequence on the plot like usual? Reptile slot went to Baraka, who has much better room for growth.

Ermac has been hitting the same notes for near a decade now. What is so interesting about him? We are legion, you aren't. Very edge. We are mooks for whatever the bad guy needs to be and dont have our own goals. His aesthetic is cool and his powers are neat but he's a shit character.

Literally who even is Smoke. He has not left any kind of impression on the story despite being in several games now. Another character with plenty of edge but no actual 3dimensions like the two main ninjas.

Rain is a fucking meme. A cool meme, but a meme.

I feel the same about the ninjas as I do about the cyborgs, interesting aesthetic but lackluster characters. I loved them when I was 14 and didnt give a shit about story, but now I see their inclusion for what it truly is: fanservice.

I understand why the kombat kids and the MKX outworlders made it onto the roster and they didnt. Outside of jobber-black, NRS actually wants to take them somewhere.

I'd rather cramp 3 ninjas into a character than have roster slots go to them over characters with more potential.

How are people seriously this excited over freakin Stryker LMAO, goes over my head for sure. Fingers crossed for cyborg smoke tho :coffee:
Probably the same reason you like robots, tech characters are cool. Tech characters with back stories you can relate to are even cooler. I'm a big fan of SWAT and riot stuff and my major focus in college was criminal justice. A cop wielding batons and grenades was cool to me and still is.

Comments like this are why I wish they went ahead and made Stryker an MK1 character cause nostalgia alone would mute most of the hate.

The DLC roster doesn't need to please everyone.

It just needs to have Sheeva on it to be perfect.

And no Ninjas.
Queen Sheeva better be teased in this trailer cackling at these hoes with her MK3 bow.

The only ninjas with actual character development and relevance are Scorpion and Sub-Zero, NRS knows this. Kuai Liang seeks to redeem his name and clan by making amends with his rival. Scorpion learned who was truly responsible for his clan's destruction, and learns to temper his rage.

NRS seems to only want to bring on characters they are interested in writing for.

They were clearly writing off reptile in MKX. He was the last of his race and had no master to job for, what were they gonna do with him in 11? Just have him keep jobbing with no real consequence on the plot like usual? Reptile slot went to Baraka, who has much better room for growth.

Ermac has been hitting the same notes for near a decade now. What is so interesting about him? We are legion, you aren't. Very edge. We are mooks for whatever the bad guy needs to be and dont have our own goals. His aesthetic is cool and his powers are neat but he's a shit character.

Literally who even is Smoke. He has not left any kind of impression on the story despite being in several games now. Another character with plenty of edge but no actual 3dimensions like the two main ninjas.

I feel the same about the ninjas as I do about the cyborgs, interesting aesthetic but lackluster characters. I loved them when I was 14 and didnt give a shit about story, but now I see their inclusion for what it truly is: fanservice.

I understand why the kombat kids and the MKX outworlders made it onto the roster and they didnt. Outside of jobber-black, NRS actually wants to take them somewhere.

I'd rather cramp 3 ninjas into a character than have roster slots go to them over characters with more potential.
You aren’t wrong.

All good points. That said, story shouldn't be the only criteria in selecting a character in a fighting game. Especially for DLC.

you're not wrong but the exact same things can be said for Noob and Skarlet.
i think Reptile has room for development if they went with past "Human" reptile but not this "last zaterran" bullshit one from MKX
Ninjas and Cyborgs are 100% fanservice but isnt DLC supposed to be just that?

but i do agree we dont need 15 ninjas and ive felt like ermac and shang tsung could be put together for a while as im sure most have