What's new

Tech - Cyrax Isn't this broken?

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Proof that the setup i was doing does work:

Also the only way to escape:
Wait a minute... I don't understand. The only way to escape is to block the bomb? Which should have happened all along? So the only option to really make it unblockable is for Cyrax to b1 net exactly when the bomb explodes? I understand this is really hard (near impossible), but this makes the majority of these videos useless.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
To be fair all this tech is annoying but isn't his wake up terrible? I don't know exactly but ex Tele is like 30 frames being unusable. So like Summoner, Cyrax will do well but will lose to characters that have everything assuming ex Tele is shit.

Reaper

Noob
Wait a minute... I don't understand. The only way to escape is to block the bomb? Which should have happened all along? So the only option to really make it unblockable is for Cyrax to b1 net exactly when the bomb explodes? I understand this is really hard (near impossible), but this makes the majority of these videos useless.
The only way to escape is to duck the throw and block the bomb in a 1 frame window. If you just try and block you will get hit by the throw then the bomb, leading into full combo either way

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
The only way to escape is to duck the throw and block the bomb in a 1 frame window. If you just try and block you will get hit by the throw then the bomb, leading into full combo either way
No, because from what I see in the videos, if the throw connects and THEN the bomb explodes it throws Cyrax to the floor. I don't understand why you just don't put autoblock on and see...

And the only time it actually worked as intended (the throw connects and the low connects), it is because subzero did a wake-up.

kevkopdx

Noob
No mention of Alien shitting on MKx's minimal neutral and having safe 50/50s though????:rolleyes:

At least Alien got 11 and 12 frame mids. While Bo is playing footsies with slow movement and even slower normals. Not to mention barely any good specials to rely on.
if Bo can get you to the corner, you deserve the punishment lol
like you said, his normals/specials are hideous

I just played against a Cyrax. That character is quite lol. Have fun with it.
I am wondering how it will perform in a tournament if allowed. Online it is just fun factor.

Reaper

Noob
No, because from what I see in the videos, if the throw connects and THEN the bomb explodes it throws Cyrax to the floor. I don't understand why you just don't put autoblock on and see...

And the only time it actually worked as intended (the throw connects and the low connects), it is because subzero did a wake-up.

Multiple people on TYM have posted combos off a throw, so it wouldn't be hard to assume that one could be made for this setup

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
The more i play against good players who use top tier characters, the more i realize how much Cyrax is lacking. They better buff his neutral and defense if they plan on nerfing anything, otherwise he is gonna be really fucking bad...

Fought a Cyrax player the other night and he pretty much got 50% off of every touch...leading back into a insane 50/50 hardtoblockable. Cyrax is absolutely insane. Everyone was so worried about CSZ they let Cyrax slip through the cracks.

just to give you some pointers. we all know its cheap! (the reset)

i think it is as well.

most of his Hard To Blockables, are very avoidable. when they use the normal setup like a 111/4/F13 (on airborne opponent) into bomb lay then rc to B3D4 you for a hard to blockable, you can backdash, armor, and even jump out.

as for your problems with the Net low bomb B2 Reset. they have to Use meter over and over to keep you in it. (metered Net to drain your Bars)

when match begins you start with a bar, do your best to get the first hit for that extra bar. if you can't don't worry.

you can break that reset at 40% damage with 2 bars. (if you meter manage properly this should be ok)

considering he has combos that are higher damage than when you can break the reset this seems somewhat fair and a viable response to the Reset. if they falter on thier timing you may be able to block the reset, make sure to always try to block Low oh as fast as possible, and you may block it.

as long as you don't let him combo you, keep him ranged at just past footsie, you should be safe from all resets. Cyrax only has B1 as a viable Overhead. his B2 is 35frames on startup, and in most situations its a death sentence for him.
B3 is fairly quick but severearly punishable on its own. get familiar with his options, and realize that he most likely will use a low starter, because he is limited in the oh department. and that his OH is more than 14 frames startup. any poke in the game will counter that move. make sure to check him every chance you get.

other than normal fundamentals i have nothing else to offer you. but thats how i beat other cyrax's, and yes i am a Cyrax main. i mostly don't use the Reset. and i do use the HTB's since i find them to be avoidable, and its the opponents fault for getting into my HTB's.
the people i practice with i tell them how to conter my moves on each set, as its the same thing they do for me.

Cyrax's weakness is in the neutral. his pressure can be good in the right hands, but in most online players will not have a good Pressure game, you will notice they will use F13 into buzzsaw to make it safe then follow up with OH moves, at this time you can use the poke check i told you about, and many pokes on hit garantee RC into full combo punish.

HTB's can be cheap, but the setup you described is avoidable.

most characters on this game like Tekada have unavoidable HTB's that are much worse.

i can consistantly block them, but i wouldn't reccomend trying it, its very timing based, and could cost you the game, either Armor through or Backdash to avoid it alltogether right after they lay the bomb. be careful to what bomb he is throwing, because he can lay a close metered bomb on a guess, and use a normal to break an armored wakeup. so watchout for which bomb he lays if its the mid low bomb, you can backdash(if not in corner)and armor, but if he was doing 50%rs on ya then you where not in the corner. if he NJK's you always back dash on first available frame that you are awake. to little time to input an armored move.

I hope this helps you @Bucketfeet , @Cam_The_God
Thanks alot for the help. I ran into a very good Cyrax player and I had no clue what to do against him. Got completely mopped but I am definitely going to take your advice and lab with it. Thanks again!

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
most people on here, speak before labbing so, yeah they didn't realize.

tym is notorious for asking for nerfs before labbing how to get out.

after they complain about cyrax, there will be a nerf alien thread, nerf bo thread, and nerf LF thread.

but from what im seeing in FR and locals, is KP2DLC is not dominating at all. Kotal and scorpion/jax have been doing far better.
So I'm assuming you didn't watch FR. Or... we were watching different FRs.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

Like Wonderchef said, only way to escape is ducking the throw and blocking the bomb one frame after.
Seriously, who is going to do that considering the amount of options Cyrax has in his already pseudo unblockable setups?

Isn't this MK9 Cyrax all over again? I'm a bit worried

discuss
Worry more about how Cyrax will either reach Kabal status or get nerfed to dirt.
NRS has a tendency to do the latter.
I gleefully watch the same thing happen to these characters as the former dlc.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
i watched it, kotal did better. sonic won with alien, but cyrax was nowhere to be found in top 8
most people on here, speak before labbing so, yeah they didn't realize.

tym is notorious for asking for nerfs before labbing how to get out.

after they complain about cyrax, there will be a nerf alien thread, nerf bo thread, and nerf LF thread.

but from what im seeing in FR and locals, is KP2DLC is not dominating at all. Kotal and scorpion/jax have been doing far better.
So tell me about how KP2 DLC didn't dominate at all when Alien dominated the top 8 and grand finals.
Also since when did tournament results dictate a character's tier placement and ability?