What's new

Is your hype for MKX unhealthy? Find out today.

Which of these options are you most willing to consider?

• Total voters

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
A lot of us are hype for MKX. Fewer statements are more obvious than that. What isn't obvious is the mental state of users in terms of their hype levels and anticipation for the game. Thankfully, I have worked with a colleague in the cerebral department to compile a list of options that are most telling in this regard based on your answers. Select an option from the list below of things you would be willing to do/sacrifice for MKX. The results will tell you much more than you might think...

-----------

1.Proposal: MKX has a surprise release date update to March 27th 2015.

Requirement: You must take a wet paper towel and scrape the floor of a gas station parking lot. You must then eat said paper towel.

2.Proposal: You will receive MKX tomorrow. You cannot use online features until the game launches.

Requirement: For the next two years you are now a vegetarian. You cannot eat any kind of meat, or products with meat derivatives.

(For our vegetarian users, you're not off the hook: In your case, you must precede every shower or bath by bathing in the blood of a cute little baby cow that will be slaughtered for consumption at a local restaurant. If you find yourself getting used to this routine, a sound recording will be played of the baby cow exclaiming: "No, please! I want to live!" prior to its demise. )

3.Proposal: As we speak, MKX has been automatically downloaded to your console of choice. If you do not have a next gen console, one would have been given to you as a gift.

Requirement: Until the game proper launches, it costs 20 dollars to boot up the game. Should you exit the game, turn off the console or turn off the TV, the game will shut down automatically.

4.Proposal: MKX comes out tomorrow, and for whatever reason, you have a vast amount of free time with no consequence. You can play online with others.

Requirement: Your life expectancy has decreased by two years.

5.Proposal: You are able to obtain any console and any edition of MKX free of charge during its release day. If there are any preferred control options, you will receive the device on that day as well.

Requirement: You can never play a character you used in MK9 in MKX. If you never played MK9, when you got to pick up the game, you will step on the shoe of an angry man, who takes offense and ends up beating the living ******** out of you. You will sustain no permanent scars, but will have a busted lip, a concussion, two sprains and a fracture.

6.Proposal: You have been cast by Hollywood to play a major role in the upcoming Avengers movie.

Requirement: You cannot play MKX until the next installment of Mortal Kombat has released.

7.Proposal: MKX releases, and your intended character(s) exceed your expectations design, fun, and useability wise. Tier wise they are AT LEAST top 15 and have no death match ups.

Requirement: You cannot play another game besides MKX for two years. This includes iphone games, board games, and a game of Thrones. Failure to comply will result in sustaining a lethal shot from a .308 caliber hollow point anti personnel armor piercing round from a sniper rifle wielded by an omnipresent sniper who does not miss. Playing a game of any sort, be it sports, mind games, playing games with one's heart or playing dead in the event of a bank robbery will caused the 'playing' part of that statement to be eschewed.

8.Proposal: MKX is released April 1st. You have been given a free pass to all DLC and any future editions of the game and all of its comics.

Requirement: You must first attentively watch the movie Left Behind by Nicholas Cage seven times in succession. The only breaks you will be allotted are for sleep and using the bathroom. All food eaten must be consumed while still watching the movie. Your bathroom will be outfitted with a 24 inch LCD display that has the movie on a loop.

9.Proposal: You are given a 7 day early access pass to MKX and all of its features except online play. An unannounced character you really wanted (regardless of game franchise) makes it in the game and exceeds your expectations.

Requirement: You are afflicted with an uncontagious cold for and entire year. No amount of medicine or remedy lowers the burden of the cold. Also, a reformed mass murderer has moved in next door. You were not present at his/her trial, so you were unable to verify if their fingers were crossed upon promising the judge not to kill again.

10. "These options are ridiculous. I will patiently wait for MKX's release date and no subject myself to these frivolous proposals. I will also turn down any opportunity to play the game beforehand."

Requirement: None.

---------------------------

5 of the above options are a sign of a person whose hype levels for the game are unhealthy according to a psychologist friend of mine.

Likewise, the other 5 are not considered to be a telling sign of 'over-hype', as it were, and constitutes healthy behavior in spite of the circumstance.

Last edited:

Odoyle

Drops combos
I chose option 3. A console/game will run you about 500 bucks I think. That would mean I could play the game 25 times between now and launch and still pay the same amount. I think I could do that.

Rickyraws

To the naive, innocent little angels who think number 8 isn't so bad: I dare you to watch even 30 minutes of that God forsaken movie.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You have to be mentally retarded or at the least unstable if you're gonna throw away a paycheck of millions, partial fame and a life of comfort just so you can play a game the next version of which comes out in only 5-6 years.

i choose 3 it is a very smart chose since i do not have a ps4 yet
i can play for 20 day everyday for as long as i want before spending $400 which is what the ps4 cost

Rickyraws

You have to be mentally retarded or at the least unstable if you're gonna throw away a paycheck of millions, partial fame and a life of comfort just so you can play a game the next version of which comes out in only 5-6 years.
Yet no one has picked it as of this post.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
c'mon .... option 10 .... playing safe and waiting for MKX to be unavoidable released in April 14th ..... :D ..... besides, I can wait while playing Dying Light and RE Revelations 2 until MKX come out, so .... :p

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I'd be ok with watching cages awful movie 7 times. I'd also easily take the option of being cast in avengers. A major role would prob change my life and I would not care about video games after that.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Come on, Ricky. Number 4 and 8 are too easy. Any one would take them.

Who gives a crap about living 73 years instead of 75?

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
I really have to say... I am not as hype as I was when MK9 and Injustice came out. I actually don't know why. Maybe it's because I have a lot of other important things to be worried about. My graduation consumes me a lot.

Rickyraws

Come on, Ricky. Number 4 and 8 are too easy. Any one would take them.

Who gives a crap about living 73 years instead of 75?
If a person was to stub their toe and bleed to death while walking along on their merry way 7 years from now, they could instead die at the dinner table two years earlier while spending quality time with their family. For me at least, the latter would be devastating.