What's new

Question Is your character better, same, or worse?

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Dualist - better: RIP armored launchers, so, his pressure is better and he's got some buffs that are useful. He moved from B tier to A tier.

Flame Fist - better: RIP his armored launcher but that is fine... his zoning is very good and in this meta is better. And RIP other armored launchers, so, he can do his windmill punch taking less risks than before. Still A+ tier.

Dragon's Fire - worse: that cancel nerf is fine, but that stamina nerf is a huge thing. But that's fine. Still very good zoning, very good damage and still the best pressure of Liu Kang. He moved from S- tier to A+ tier.

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
Good thing I dropped Quan on time.
I gotta give it to Michael Angelo for playing a char that only keeps getting nerfed every path!

BxKeyz

Noob
i feel like even though they gave tremor a 8 frame poke and a 14 frame mid, the stamina is killing me..Tremor needs stamina to deal with zoners and certain confirms can't be finish do to the fact that i used some of the stamina to open them up..Nrs should have just dealt with characters who abused stamina like johnny, jax, liu kang and others individually instead of attacking the source(stamina)..Now on the other hand characters who don't need stamina like kitana, jason, scorpion(ninjutsu) and others don't really suffer from this stamina and they just became that much stronger..

i feel like even though they gave tremor a 8 frame poke and a 14 frame mid, the stamina is killing me..Tremor needs stamina to deal with zoners and certain confirms can't be finish do to the fact that i used some of the stamina to open them up..Nrs should have just dealt with characters who abused stamina like johnny, jax, liu kang and others individually instead of attacking the source(stamina)..Now on the other hand characters who don't need stamina like kitana, jason, scorpion(ninjutsu) and others don't really suffer from this stamina and they just became that much stronger..
Bra... i WAS a day 1 dvora main, fuck this stamina nerf lol

BxKeyz

Noob
I mained dvora sooooo..........
But i also play sektor and ermac and those characters are def. Better for me
i dont really know much about d'vora but i do feel like her other variations made her stick out more like venomous and brood mother..Now tremor needs stamina in all variations lol especially since they took armored launchers away

BxKeyz

Noob
i don't know man, ed boon said "everybody would be mid tier after this patch" and to me the characters who need stamina just went below mid tier because of this patch..

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Full Auto: Better. The general system changes favour her spacing and zoning game heavily. The nerfs to her plus frames and damage are whatever. The damage nerf is like 2-3%; I don't have any problem with it.

Shotgun: Worse. Shotgun is still very very viable but she is definitely worse in this patch. Her damage is more or less the same, it's the nerf to her restand plus frames that does it.

High Tech: Worse. Her pressure is pretty much the same because the armour nerfs allow her to continue pressure with heaps of gaps without risking too much. However, getting in is a nightmare and her stamina requirement is insane. High tech definitely needs some help in some aspect because as of the moment, she's not worth using. (Maybe give b1, d1, d2, f1, f2 increased range when she has gauntlets active).

i dont really know much about d'vora but i do feel like her other variations made her stick out more like venomous and brood mother..Now tremor needs stamina in all variations lol especially since they took armored launchers away
Yea its also harder to hit confirm after flash parries in the neutral cuz you wont have enough stamina for the follow up combo.

InFlames

dead
i agree with the latter half of your post but tremor is fine. he can still side switch and get decent damage without using any stamina.

Lokheit

Noob
Kenjutsu: Worse. Losing armor was big for him and his anti-synergetic tools are still the same, only that now they're harder to hide with a worse moveset.

Cryomancer: Really unpopular opinion here, but I don't think he's better (or at least much better) for the following reasons:

- His true weaknes, ultra crappy neutral, wasn't addressed at all (it's even worse now). Ask a player as good as Sonic how it's fighting characters with decent neutral with him, it sure didn't look pretty last time I checked no matter how rusty he looked with the character, the weaknesses were crystal clear. I would've been fine with simple changes as Air Hammer being buffed (basically unusable move and even worse now since everyone got multi-armor) into a single hit ground pound or something and specially a sword starting string (the one thing I've been campaigning for for ages) to have at least something to do in the neutral game apart from checking with D4. Instead this went unchecked and he got duckable tick throws because potato. He is very dangerous but his weaknes is still huge and he's still really unsafe (and even more now keep reading).

- F12 going from 0 on block to -7 is HUGE for this character and his post hammer game. HUGE. You can't imagine how big this is for his gameplan.

- F42 getting its cancel advantage destroyed (just so he can use it as a tick throw which he will almost never use anyway as there are better options) had a HUGE impact too as he no longer can connect EX Hammer from it and this change nerfed to the ground his midscreen damage from the B2 OH as now he can't go for damaging combos from it because this string drops in most situations when cancelled into the new command grab instead of the old string. One of the strengths the character had was the meterless damage midscreen and that was nerfed big time to compensate for the tick throws.

Yes, he's really dangerous when he gets in with momentum... but he already had unsafe mixups before anyway. Increasing the number of possible things he can use on the mix while nerfing the only decent tools he had outside of mixups just makes his strengths better and his weaknesses worse.

Not saying he's worse, and yeah he's really dangerous when he gets in and I still need to have the whole picture with every character in the new meta completly clear, but the character didn't improve as much as everyone is saying, not by a long shot and there are times where I consider switching to UB or something. I still think the sword starting string and air hammer buff (and maybe making the dagger move a special move but not a command grab) would've been better for him than randomly deciding to make him a command grab character but ignoring his neutral game.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Goro: Better. He got a huge nerf which would have hurt him badly BUT got tons of buffs to make up for it. Punchwalk into EX punchwalk was getting boring anyway. He was essentially redesigned and now all 3 variations have their place in different matchups. Pre-patch it was either Dragon Fangs or don't play Goro.

Jason: Better. They nerfed everyone's crazy 50/50s, plus frames, armored launchers etc but none of that really applied to Jason's gameplan, so he basically gets to just keep Jasoning everybody. I do think they handled slasher the wrong way, they could have made the overhead slower or not an overhead at all (as long as they buffed some other stuff), but instead they took his only launching special, which really hurts his damage and his confirms.

Tremor: Better. His pressure game is finally real, and he retained flash parry, one of the last pseudo-armored launchers left in the game. Metallic finally has a niche and aftershock benefited greatly too.

Ferra/Torr: Worse. I kind of lost interest in this character a little bit before the patch, and now I've basically dropped them. Their many bad matchups only got worse due to the new zoning meta. Ferra Toss was once a very important pressure tool, but now you're basically throwing all your specials away to be at -1 or 0. Vicious is bad, Lackey is a joke, so that leaves Ruthless as the only viable variation. Ruthless is still very scary and has many decent matchups but eh, I have thousands of games with this character so I'm kind of bored of it.

BxKeyz

Noob
i agree with the latter half of your post but tremor is fine. he can still side switch and get decent damage without using any stamina.
after i flash parry on wake up or for strong mix up i usually dont have enough stamina for side switch..side switching does require a small portion of your stamina. May not for metallic because of the up punch but for aftershock and crystalline you do

Last edited:
Cassie: Better, due to being practically untouched (had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for these nerfs)

Jaqui: only used HT: 10/4/16 High tech has met it's very unfortunate sudden tragic and very unexpected death. RIP, she is now trash, gone, dead, goodbye&goodnight.

Sonya: Worse but still good

Kotal Kahn Sun god: Idk yet, seems solid, may even be Kotal's strongest variation now. But as a character overall with plus frames off pizza and b1 a high he is worse.

Tanya: Better

Slasher Jason: Same??

Cryomancer Sub Zero: I didn't play him prepatch so I can't really speak on his behalf, but I feel like he is a lot better with these changes. Have been playing him the most after this patch.

Last edited:

InFlames

dead
after i flash parry on wake up or for strong mix up i usually dont have enough stamina for side switch..side switching does require a small portion of your stamina. May not for metallic because of the up punch but for aftershock and crystalline you do
overhead punch, b2 up punch, dash forward, f1 stone punch

side switches with no stamina