What's new

Is TYM going X1 next gen or staying PS4?

GGA Max

Whatever is the tournament standard for nrs games. I hope its ps4, they seem to care for their gamers more.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
As much as I missed KI and use to love the game, my morals and ethics sway towards the PS4, I just can't support the XB1. Juts my opinion and that's it. Nothing will change on TYM besides XB1 players will be talking KI...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The tourney standard for all fighting games will likely be ps4 particularly cause of the ps4s compatibility with twitch.
Both systems have Twitch integration, and streams from tournaments will use separate PCs because they need to run other software and integrate other audio/video sources than just the game itself.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
The tourney standard for all fighting games will likely be ps4 particularly cause of the ps4s compatibility with twitch.
I think the standard mainly gonna be whichever system performs better, but if we say on specs alone the PS4 apparently has the better hardware, but doesn't matter what hardware is in which system, its how its used.

Chuckychuck

Kombatant
One of the main reasons why I would like to know where the majority of TYM stands for next gen is primarily for online purposes. A lot of people already had either a PS3 or a X360 before coming to TYM and played with what online community they had. I think with the coming next gen and looking at KI, MK10, IGAU2 and possibly MK11 we have a real shot here at bringing the community together online by siding one one system.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Either console are way too much money for a college student like myself who has debts without even graduating from college, who pays 100+ per book. I think I will go back to my Nintendo now

jaym7018

Kombatant
Both systems have Twitch integration, and streams from tournaments will use separate PCs because they need to run other software and integrate other audio/video sources than just the game itself.
At least with the ps4 it will have microphone compatibility you can commentate withe the ps4 it isnt just game sound. I dont know if thats true with xb1. You are right about the camera though.

Xbox/Microsoft has a bizarre policy to disallow cross-platform games. DUST, which featured the first interaction between a console and PC MMO tried to include xbox, but got no support. The makers of Final Fantasy XIV, where PS3 and PC players can game together, were told specifically that xbox would not be part of it unless they have their own servers. So, I play with PC friends on my PS3 in FFXIV, and xbox is out. Odd, I know.... *Microsoft* doesn't want cross-platform interaction between PC and Xbox. Yet, apparently they don't.

Anyways, that clinched it for me. I was already leaning PS4, but I am certainly not going with XB1 after learning this. I think cross-platforming is highly desirable and the future of gaming. If Microsoft wants to have stupid policies about it, more power to them, but they won't get my $.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
PS4 for me. I love KI, but never owned a super nintendo or n64.
So just like the old days Ill let my friends buy it and beat them at their own game :D

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
At least with the ps4 it will have microphone compatibility you can commentate withe the ps4 it isnt just game sound. I dont know if thats true with xb1. You are right about the camera though.
To do a live event you want professional quality cables, a decent amount of distance from the console, an audio mixer to quickly tweak levels for multiple headsets, etc. Also you need to be able to reset the console and not have the stream drop, etc., and you need to be able to adjust things on the fly while people are playing.

The console Twitch integration is more for kids playing games at home -- not for event broadcasting.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ps4. Cheaper, I like Kratos and naughty dog. I don't like xbox exclusivity except KI. Also, I now hate xbox for what they tried to do.

I plan on waiting a couple months and letting the line up decide for me. KI is cool and all but its not a major selling point for me.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Ps4. Anyone who honestly thinks the exclusive games are better on xbone has poor taste.

Games like dead rising and KI are designed for that smelly fat kid you knew back in elementary school.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
PS4, sony didn't try to f*** me in the a*** l0l
I will have more than enough with injustice and Guilty Gear Xdr(will most likely be a sony exclusive).

Ps4...those bastards at microsoft sold nude pics of my girlfriend to the government. They won't be getting another dime from me...

T3rror

Noob
I'm going ps4 most likely since it has the games im interested in. Won't happen until next year probably since there are still games releasing on ps3 that I want to play.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ps4. Anyone who honestly thinks the exclusive games are better on xbone has poor taste.

Games like dead rising and KI are designed for that smelly fat kid you knew back in elementary school.
MK is made for the sociopathic kid who picks his nose in elementary school.

Insulting people over the internet is so hard.