What's new

Breakthrough - Tarkatan Is Tweedy better than YOMI and cR (except fox) combined?

Is tweedy daddy?

• Total voters
Hmmmm.... I can't let the Kelly slander slide. Kelly was a successful solo act before Beyoncé. I don't care about these players, but don't speak on D.C. That's sacred bro.
But other than D.C. What has she done tho? Besides she was the closest person i could think of that could express what I was trying to say lol.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Charlie Puth wrote a song about you guys:
We don't place anymore
We don't place anymore
We don't place anymore like we used to do.....
well.... @Rickyraws am I terrible at this? :(
I feel like everyone was so used to Yomi being the ridiculous dominating force that it was claiming half the top 8 of every major on stream, that now when we're just chillin getting only 1 or 2 players in every top 8 we "aren't placing anymore."

Trust me when I say, Yomi isn't bad by any means. We just aren't training anymore, barely playing the game and relying on natural talent and we're still placing top 8 here and there. So yeah Yomi in 2016 is washed up compared to Yomi in 2015, but even "washed up Yomi" is still seen in top 8 at nearly every single event we attend and I would still put money on the best players in "washed up Yomi" vs these newcomers Pig is hyping up.

Alot of TYM forgets very fast. But the smart people still know. Even without playing the game, me DJT Slayer or whoever can still make a random appearance at any tournament and beat any player in the world any weekend. Yomi is far from "not placing anymore"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I feel like everyone was so used to Yomi being the ridiculous dominating force that it was claiming half the top 8 of every major on stream, that now when we're just chillin getting only 1 or 2 players in every top 8 we "aren't placing anymore."

Trust me when I say, Yomi isn't bad by any means. We just aren't training anymore, barely playing the game and relying on natural talent and we're still placing top 8 here and there. So yeah Yomi in 2016 is washed up compared to Yomi in 2015, but even "washed up Yomi" is still seen in top 8 at nearly every single event we attend and I would still put money on the best players in "washed up Yomi" vs these newcomers Pig is hyping up.

Alot of TYM forgets very fast. But the smart people still know. Even without playing the game, me DJT Slayer or whoever can still make a random appearance at any tournament and beat any player in the world any weekend. Yomi is far from "not placing anymore"
When is the "Newcomers vs. Oldcomers Team Battle"? Would be great to put this kind if drama to constructive use.

SilverRye, Buffalo, and whoever else vs. anyone you want. At least, that's probably how it would have gone down during MK9.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I cannot fucking wait for NEC.

Box Zombie wants to feast on the brains of whoever loses the inevitable King VS Tweedy match that comes of this.

Yummy yummy brains for my tummy.

Reactions: GAV

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
When is the "Newcomers vs. Oldcomers Team Battle"? Would be great to put this kind if drama to constructive use.

SilverRye, Buffalo, and whoever else vs. anyone you want. At least, that's probably how it would have gone down during MK9.
Yo if this happened at NEC I want in so bad lol

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

I wouldn't mind doing it for fun. I actually enjoyed watching Tweedy this weekend, I love seeing new people in general on the up and coming. I got hype af when Hayatei came out of nowhere and won Canada Cup. Things of that nature.

My post was mostly directed towards anyone saying Yomi is "bad" or "not placing anymore" things like that.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
YOMI Old Guard vs. New Bloods would be soooo hype. I remember when Team East Coast didn't wanna fight team YOMI when the game was literally just starting out. God, I wanna find that old thread lol

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The problem is not that every top player thinks every event is trash except for a few, the problem is that many top people probably have a different mentality than most.

I'm positive a guy like @cR WoundCowboy absolutely gives not one iota of shit that someone got top 16 at a tourney outside of Evo or maayyybbe ESL. Even less so when it's a tourney with like 50-60 people; many MK9/IGAU era players think this way. Their expectations for themselves are different, thus their expectations for basing who's good is different too.

Mind you, I don't think this idea is "toxic" at all. At best it's elitist, and maybe a little annoying, but when you are elite you can probably afford a few elitist opinions. The beautiful part is you can always prove to even those guys that you are good if you go out and place enough. It's nothing to get hurt feelings over.
If you travel to an event and spend your hard earned money to support your game, and you happen to place at said event, it matters.

The community is far too small and the game is too far into its life for all this cherry picking. It's not very likely that we'll regularly get 200+ people at Majors anymore.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
If you travel to an event and spend your hard earned money to support your game
So does everyone who goes. Nobody cares, it doesn't make anyone special. I agree with you that it's tight that everyone supports the game, and somewhere everyone appreciates it, but to competitors that doesn't matter.

The community is far too small and the game is too far into its life for all this cherry picking. It's not very likely that we'll regularly get 200+ people at Majors anymore.
But that's exactly it. You are right, we don't have the numbers anymore where placing something like top 32/top 16 is really anything to get excited about. Bracketology matters to competitors, and when they are determining who's good, that stuff does matter.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but that's the reality for competitors.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So does everyone who goes. Nobody cares, it doesn't make anyone special. I agree with you that it's tight that everyone supports the game, and somewhere everyone appreciates it, but to competitors that doesn't matter.

But that's exactly it. You are right, we don't have the numbers anymore where placing something like top 32/top 16 is really anything to get excited about. Bracketology matters to competitors, and when they are determining who's good, that stuff does matter.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but that's the reality for competitors.
It's not like TOs can force players to go to events. So saying "x event doesn't matter because Sonic Fox wasn't there" is ridiculous. Everyone is doing the best they can, and spreading the narrative that only certain tournaments matter, or only matter if x person goes, kills the incentive for people to travel.

The moment that happens, the moment someone starts saying, "well, i'm not going to The Fall Classic because placing doesn't matter since Foxy won't be there," is the moment people stop traveling.

Why travel at all if the community has already decided that it doesn't matter?

People talk about balance killing the game, about 50/50s killing the game, but let's be serious here:

Telling players that the tournaments they choose to go to don't matter will kill your game faster than anything else. If the game dies, it won't matter who won what because there will be nothing to go to.

Having stuff like CEO and KiT is great, but we need events like The Common Wealth, Absolute Battle, ECT, etc as well.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What do you mean nobody from Yomi is placing anymore? At Evo we had Michael Angelo. At CEO two of us made top 8 me and slayer. The last time we had alot of Yomi at one tournament is Final Round we had DJT Slayer and Michael Angelo all in top 8.

We still place all the time. Actually every single tournament Yomi has ever entered from MKX launch until today, we always had at least one of us make top 8 with the exception of Combo Breaker 2016. So we place top 8 in like 99% of the tournaments we enter, including the tournaments with the most registrations of all CEO and Evo. What do you mean by we don't place anymore?
Yea nvm

Oops lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I would put $ on tweedy today vs most of yomi

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I got back up confirmation from Noble Gunshow. Jax wins 6-4.
I 100% disagree. There's no way Jax wins against gunslinger imo. 5-5 at most. But whatever

EDIT- Oh and I'm a stupid TYM person for disagreeing respectfully on a matchup? Seems obvious that you're the one that's stupid, and apparently 12 years old.

Last edited:

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
@RM Indecisive based on the evidence you presented, there's nothing Jax does that counters Erron's tools and makes the mu hard. Erron can get pressured in the corner and if he guesses wrong he dies. But that's the same for everyone. Erron has a good enough poke to escape. He has enough safety and pressure up close and Gunslinger outzones Jax in the neutral, and both of them armor break each other. There's no 6-4 here based on all the tools we've talked about.

You've failed to prove to me why Jax wins so you run to a known player and get a number and expect me to just kneel down and give up my argument with no proof otherwise I'm stupid? Yeah I'm definitely the dumb one here -_-