What's new

Breakthrough - Tarkatan Is Tweedy better than YOMI and cR (except fox) combined?

Is tweedy daddy?

• Total voters

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Ok.... I think there are about 10-15 characters that are just as good as one another and could be switched around in any acceptable order and can see why some people could have certain characters over others and vise versa but whatever.
Great Option select yo. Respect lol

But Erron ain't bottom 10, especially gunslinger who sonic used. Interchange him or not.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Great Option select yo. Respect lol

But Erron ain't bottom 10, especially gunslinger who sonic used. Interchange him or not.
Gunslinger isn't a bottom ten variation by a mile. Don't get me wrong.

I just think most characters have a variation better than gunslinger though, putting EB in the bottom half.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
name 10 INDISPUTABLY worse characters than EB if you think this is so meme worthy.
I think Erron Black is definitively better than Kenshi, Bo, Tanya, Kung Lao, Kitana, Leatherface, Goro, Raiden, Cyber Sub-Zero, Cyrax. So That's 10 if you could the Triborgs as separate, but he is nowhere near as good as Smoke, so if you could one character than he is bottom 10 imo.

hkriderz

name 10 INDISPUTABLY worse characters than EB if you think this is so meme worthy.
In a variation sense, no he is not bottom 10. To be specific I'm quoting gunslinger, since Dankster said Sonic won with a bottom 10 character. I'm sure the other variations are worse, but there is absolutely no way gunslinger is bottom 10 in this game and there are tons of variations indisputably worse. You can look at Reo's tier list for clarification.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
In a variation sense, no he is not bottom 10. To be specific I'm quoting gunslinger, since Dankster said Sonic won with a bottom 10 character. I'm sure the other variations are worse, but there is absolutely no way gunslinger is bottom 10 in this game and there are tons of variations indisputably worse. You can look at Reo's tier list for clarification.
I look at it character wise, switching variations as per matchup utility. But yeah Gunslinger is not close to bottom 10 variation at all.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I agree with tweedy tbh. Its not fair to treat up and coming competitors as if their achievements meant nothing just because they arent a top 10 ranked player. 2ez, atai, cossner, kevo, hell even me have put in work when we can attend offline. Yet every event is "oh no yomi, trash", "oh he only beat 1 or 2 top players, lucky"..."oh he made top 16 3 times in a way, no sonic so tourney is fraudulent".

Like damn, i guess every new competitor has to quit his job to be able to travel to every major when an nrs game JUST releases so that they can fight every single top player before they drop the game a little over a year later...because its our fault they dropped it right?

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
I agree with tweedy tbh. Its not fair to treat up and coming competitors as if their achievements meant nothing just because they arent a top 10 ranked player. 2ez, atai, cossner, kevo, hell even me have put in work when we can attend offline. Yet every event is "oh no yomi, trash", "oh he only beat 1 or 2 top players, lucky"..."oh he made top 16 3 times in a way, no sonic so tourney is fraudulent".

Like damn, i guess every new competitor has to quit his job to be able to travel to every major when an nrs game JUST releases so that they can fight every single top player before they drop the game a little over a year later...because its our fault they dropped it right?
It's not easy to new competitors to travel to these tournaments.. not only due to money.. but due to nervs and stuff like this.. When I went to NEC16 they made fun of me.. But then I got top8 at KIT and got some respect.. you're right

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Also, imo things would have been shaken up more if nrs didnt release mkx with shit netcode. It was a nightmare for us newcomers to adjust offline and that's all u kept hearing. We weren't all as blessed as yomi to live with monsters and train offline, or born as gods like sonic. Now that online is amazing and newcomers are going at it with top players, it doesn't count.

Come on man...

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
It's not easy to new competitors to travel to these tournaments.. not only due to money.. but due to nervs and stuff like this.. When I went to NEC16 they made fun of me.. But then I got top8 at KIT and got some respect.. you're right
Maybe they were mocking you, but you proved them wrong with your acts in MKX. You even fought against Sonicfox. A better approach against those who mock you would to answer them ironically or just not answer to them at all.

I saw yours Johnny Cage against his Erron Black.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Exactly. I still get nervous. Hell when i played big d i was shaking before and after the set lol. Against iluusions i kept taking deep breaths because i couldnt keep still, you see my face before thr match. Its not easy, i just wish people would give people who arent seen much more credit.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Exactly. At a point people need to ask themselves-
Are you actually having fun playing a video game?

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Exactly. I still get nervous. Hell when i played big d i was shaking before and after the set lol. Against iluusions i kept taking deep breaths because i couldnt keep still, you see my face before thr match. Its not easy, i just wish people would give people who arent seen much more credit.
Yeah, I think even players like scar still get nervous, even fox, he drops some combos
Maybe they were mocking you, but you proved them wrong with your acts in MKX. You even fought against Sonicfox. A better approach against those who mock you would to answer them ironically or just not answer to them at all.

I saw yours Johnny Cage against his Erron Black.
Thanks man. That's what every new competitor has to do. Prove themselves. Tweedy is no joke

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
u backpedallin hard, dankster said hes a bottom 10 CHARACTER not variation, and u responded with outrage that someone thinks Erron Black, the character, is bottom 10, with no mention of gunslinger

you cant just completely swap the discussion to variations which is COMPLETELY different topic, and then tell me to go get clarification from some other guys tier list lmfao. Absolutely NONE of the base characters in the game are stuck with a bottom 10 variation in the best. By your logic there is no bottom 10

Last edited:

UGL Preon

The Casual God
u backpedallin hard, dankster said hes a bottom 10 CHARACTER not variation, and u responded with outrage that someone thinks Erron Black, the character, is bottom 10, with no mention of gunslinger

you cant just completely swap the discussion to variations which is COMPLETELY different topic, and then tell me to go get clarification from some other guys tier list lmfao. Absolutely NONE of the base characters in the game are stuck with a bottom 10 variation in the best. By your logic there is no bottom 10
jst admit u
If we average all 3 variations together. Wouldn't top 5 be
Alien, Ermac, Takeda, Cassie, and Mileena? Since none of them have a cripplingly weak variation and all can play MKX and execute a gameplan?

But other characters with a really strong variations, 1 decent variation and 1 sub par like Sub Zero makes the character conplete ass.

Or Sonya Demo lags behind because of Special forces is averaged in?

hkriderz

jst admit u
Backpedaling? What?? Dankster said sonic won with a bottom 10 character which is false. That was the discussion in the first place. No he didn't because gunslinger and to some extent marksman completely make erron a solid mid A+ tier character. The orignial discussion was on gunslinger if you kept reading the conversation.

The conversation was always about the variation used, but if we're talking character now, he's still not bottom 10 because his variations compensate for each other.

Lao, Tanya, Bo, Leatherface, CSZ, Cyrax, Raiden, Goro, Kitana, Kenshi and IMO Jax (up for debate). Here are your ten characters. Of course, added into a lot of other variations not mentioned that Erron is better against. This leaves a lot to debate, because you can't really say someone is bottom 10 based on character because this game doesn't fit that model cleanly. It's all about variation

TL;DR. I never backpedaled, you just misunderstood the conversation.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Backpedaling? What?? Dankster said sonic won with a bottom 10 character which is false. That was the discussion in the first place. No he didn't because gunslinger and to some extent marksman completely make erron a solid mid A+ tier character. The orignial discussion was on gunslinger if you kept reading the conversation.

The conversation was always about the variation used, but if we're talking character now, he's still not bottom 10 because his variations compensate for each other.

Lao, Tanya, Bo, Leatherface, CSZ, Cyrax, Raiden, Goro, Kitana, Kenshi and IMO Jax (up for debate). Here are your ten characters. Of course, added into a lot of other variations not mentioned that Erron is better against. This leaves a lot to debate, because you can't really say someone is bottom 10 based on character because this game doesn't fit that model cleanly. It's all about variation

TL;DR. I never backpedaled, you just misunderstood the conversation.
Jax is light years ahead of Erron Black? What is Jax's weakness? Safety is all that comes to mind. Erron has a lot of weaknesses and for sure more than Jax.

hkriderz

Jax is light years ahead of Erron Black? What is Jax's weakness? Safety is all that comes to mind. Erron has a lot of weaknesses and for sure more than Jax.
I feel like Erron beats Jax and that's why I mentioned him. Gunslinger beats all variations. Jax has a really tough time getting in, and Jax's weakness is he has to commit or just pressure with highs. Erron can play neutral with 21122. This of course is not counting Jax's pseudo vortex or guessing wrong on a 50 50.

EDIT- Just because Jax can punish Erron's low shots (with meter mind you) doesn't mean Erron loses. Gunslinger doesn't rely on low shots.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I feel like Erron beats Jax and that's why I mentioned him. Gunslinger beats all variations. Jax has a really tough time getting in, and Jax's weakness is he has to commit or just pressure with highs. Erron can play neutral with 21122. This of course is not counting Jax's pseudo vortex or guessing wrong on a 50 50.

EDIT- Just because Jax can punish Erron's low shots (with meter mind you) doesn't mean Erron loses. Gunslinger doesn't rely on low shots.
You're talking about a particular mu. Jax Vs Erron. Dankster is talking about overall throughout the game. Jax is not bottom 10 lol