What's new

Question Is Tom Brady a top 10 player?

kolpax

MK, KI, KoF...I love em all!
Making a top 10 list seems a little challenging. Everyone doesn't always attend or compete in all the events, and that isn't even factoring in possible other possible top players that aren't even in the same part of the world. There are just to many different factors to look at when making a top 10 list and who should be in it.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I also noticed something that he was doing at NEC with Sub-Zero (not sure if it was intentional or due to lag) that made me slap my forehead while exclaiming, "Why didn't I think of that?". I'm going to ask him at Frosty Faustings about it before I say anything more.

he is just outside of it right now maybe, just because he plays subzero. but skillwise and potential, if he seriously played a character next to subzero(kung lao) he would be top5. kung lao's worst matchup happens to be cage which subzero does very well against. I know he said his kung lao is only good for mileena and kenshi but thats because he didnt put any time into kung lao to do well with him for all matchups.

Gimmick

Noob
Top 10? No. Top 16? Yes.

I would say these guys are definitively better than brady:

cdjr
reo
maxter
Perfect Legend
Pig
Djt
MIT
Crazy Domincan
Dizzy
16 Bit

After that Brady could very well be number 11

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
Simple, if you argue he is not top 10. Name ten names that are better than Sir Brady.

As far as I'm concern, he is top 10.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
can we consider sonicfox a top 10 player yet? two major wins (say what you will about SJ, but ECT had a good group of players) and 4th place at one of the biggest tournaments in recent history makes him seem like a good contender

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
He's the smartest player I've ever faught. Tournament results probably wouldnt make him top 10 though. (Not including MLG obviously)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Simple, if you argue he is not top 10. Name ten names that are better than Sir Brady.

As far as I'm concern, he is top 10.
Reo
cdjr
perfect legend
dizzy
16 bit
pig of the hut
maxter
CD senior
Detroit balling
MIT
DJIT
Tyrant

oops when over the top 10 ...

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Im fearing the day tom actually gets to play a top tier character he actually likes. Lets all think back on the days of MKvsDC and the other MKs. When tom finds a top tier character he likes, he will undoubtedly be one of the best players. He is already in the realm of top 10 with a character like sub zero.

Tom is definitely a top 10 player. He just happens to use a shitty character. Somehow he still manages to get W's when all the characters he's facing beat his main 6-4 or worse. That's very impressive IMO, and very few players could pull that off.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
No doubt Tom is easily one of the most amazing players in the scene. Different question: top 10 you would rather play than Tom on point the way he was when he was plowing through that losers bracket?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Reo
cdjr
perfect legend
dizzy
16 bit
pig of the hut
maxter
CD senior
Detroit balling
MIT
DJIT
Tyrant

that is a good list in no particular order

if we are doing of all time the only other name I could think of would be Michaelangelo

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
Reo
cdjr
perfect legend
dizzy
16 bit
pig of the hut
maxter
CD senior
Detroit balling
MIT
DJIT
Tyrant

I respect that, you make a claim and you back it up with arguments and names!

It's much easier to see who knows his shit that way hahaha :p

There's a few name I would hesitate calling "Better than Brady" but overall yes these are incredible players.

that is a good list in no particular order

if we are doing of all time the only other name I could think of would be Michaelangelo
To be honest, if you are doing all time, then get mike out of here. won 3 tourneys early MK9 and hasnt done anything in over a year and a half.

there are ONLY 3 players who have delivered in the top from the very first tourney to current day.. PL, REO, and myself. Only one person has won majors from vanilla MK9 to the last revision, PL. After PDP, 16bit began to place top 16 in majors and top 5 at EVO2011, making 16 Bit, REO, PL, and myself the only players to place from MK9's earliest days to current day.

If there were an all time list, the question wouldnt be "Is Tom top 10?", it would be "Is Tom top 5?".

Also....

The Debate of who is the absolute best ALL TIME is between PL and REO. PL is the only one to win in every version of the game, including back to back wins at EVO. REO has placed top from day 1 and won his first major at Devastation 2011. he has won several majors since then, including 2 MLG events and the last NEC. The debate is between those 2 only, and only CDjr can come in after and finish the top 3 players of all time.