What's new

IS THIS LEGIT!? JBeezY NEEDS YOUR HELP!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
OH MY SWEET GURKENS! So I just got an email from TopBuzz and I'm all types of happy right now!

"Hi JBeezYBabY,

We are TopBuzz - a content aggregator app and a content discovery platform. You can download our app from Google Play and Apple App Store or check our website. Currently, we are looking for high-quality content creators and your Geese Is A BEAST! Geese Howard Combo Guide - Tekken 7has done an excellent job in this field. We would like to invite you to become our premium content creator.

TopBuzz is an algorithm-driven content curation app and platform where machine identifies the keywords and topics of an article or video, and recommends it to the relevant users. We pay for your content based on their performance on our app. You can either contribute separate content to our platform or just synchronize your blog or channel directly to our platform. Both will generate click-based revenue for you.

Right now we have a special bonus for you to monetize your influence: as long as you sign into TopBuzz via your YouTube account, you will get a sign-up bonus(from $1 up to $500) based on the number of your subscribers from each platform. You can also earn a bonus of at least 20% of your total 14-day posting earnings starting from your sign-up day.

As one of Google Play’s top-rated news aggregator apps, TopBuzz focuses on delivering the most informative and entertaining content to readers in North America and Britain. As of November 2017, TopBuzz boasts over 18 MILLION monthly active users, with key presence in North America, Brazil and Japan, and our user base continues to grow steadily.

We have already established partnerships with The New York Times, CNN, AP, Reuters, AFP, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Huffington Post, The Guardian, The Independent and so on. In addition to that, we want to onboard more premium individual creators like you to offer our readers an even more diversified and personalized experience. If you would like to join us, you can sign into TopBuzz via the following fast-track link:

Quick Sign-Up

Looking forward to seeing you on TopBuzz soon!

Best,
TopBuzz Team
Got questions? Email us at:[email protected]"

I mean, this seems like an awesome opportunity for exposure and mullah, but I like to do some research before jumping into things. So what do you guys think? Is this credible? Is it worth it? Pros,cons, ANYTHING! I'm excited, yet nervous at the same time. To keep it ALL THE WAY LIVE, I'm clueless on how monetary content works. So your input would mean alot to me to help make my decision. I know it was alot to read, so thank ya kindly in advance!

Righteous or nah ?Question mark?

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'd suggest going to their website and seeing if you can find out more about their terms and conditions. Maybe do a google news search as well to see if they've gotten any publicity, either positive or negative. Reach out to some other content providers and see if they've heard of TopBuzz, and what their experience was. I'm skeptical of most of these types of things, but good luck to you. From the few reviews I was able to find, it seems legit.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
They have a 91% on scam adviser, that being because they are based out of China. As I understand it, they basically will run the ads on your Youtube instead of the random ones picked by Youtube. They benefit because they are profiting from running the ads, you profit because they can offer you a better agreement than Youtube would

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I agree with Marlow. First of all, check if they're a real company, and if yes, see if what was sent to you is confirmed. You don't want to fall upon a fraud company. It's been like this just to fish an ignorant person. :/

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
They seem legit. I mean, they do have a Facebook page thats verified...BAM! https://www.facebook.com/TopBuzzApp/

My thing is, would it do myself justice to sign. In other words, would i profit more or will it hurt me in the long run?
In my experience, they might have some terms you have to agree to to get paid. Like, you must have at least 1 video a week that references another in the network (just a hypothetical). But I don't think they could take your channel from you if you don't abide by that

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Had to look into it more. Seem legit. They're stationed in L.A., USA. I'm concerned about this, because there are some companies that are frauds.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Personally I would ask them a bunch of questions before you sign anything. If they are apprehensive about answering questions that should be a big red flag.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
?Question? #1 sent! Let's see how long it will take them to respond and I will post their response. Here's mine.

"Thank you soooo much for this opportunity! I do have some questions. As far as my content, do I get credited as the author?"

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
They just contacted me yesterday for my Mortal Kombat X content. I uploaded my MKX vids, and was immediately suspended for violence and whatnot. Waiting to hear back from them. Don't have high hopes.

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
They just contacted me yesterday for my Mortal Kombat X content. I uploaded my MKX vids, and was immediately suspended for violence and whatnot. Waiting to hear back from them. Don't have high hopes.

WELL DAMN! My shit is pretty frickin' vulgar cuz i like to cuss from time to time. Hmmmm....i don't think i will be signing with them. Seems too fishy. I dont care for the money much, BUT if you're going to TAKE my content and post it as your own is a BIG PROBLEM with me. And they still haven't emailed me back in regards to my question...

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
WELL DAMN! My shit is pretty frickin' vulgar cuz i like to cuss from time to time. Hmmmm....i don't think i will be signing with them. Seems too fishy. I dont care for the money much, BUT if you're going to TAKE my content and post it as your own is a BIG PROBLEM with me. And they still haven't emailed me back in regards to my question...
Yeah I mean I'm not even that bad. Lots of damns, bitches and shits, but RARELY an F bomb. It's just confusing because they said they liked it, I uploaded it, got suspended lol. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just sharing my experience so far. Maybe they got their wires crossed with me.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yeah I mean I'm not even that bad. Lots of damns, bitches and shits, but RARELY an F bomb. It's just confusing because they said they liked it, I uploaded it, got suspended lol. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just sharing my experience so far. Maybe they got their wires crossed with me.
By reading in between the lines from the our emails, they monitor the NUMBERS of the more viewed video. Cuz notice how they only point out one video they notice was generating views without actually viewing it. Thats what it looks like to me.

BTW i appreciate any info, any experience, ANYTHING you share in regards to this. So i thank ya, sir :)

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
By reading in between the lines from the our emails, they monitor the NUMBERS of the more viewed video. Cuz notice how they only point out one video they notice was generating views without actually viewing it. Thats what it looks like to me.

BTW i appreciate any info, any experience, ANYTHING you share in regards to this. So i thank ya, sir :)
You're probably right. But shit, you'd think the title of the video would tip them off lol. Unless the whole email was totally auto-generated. Even weirder they hit us up at the same time. I'll continue to play along and see what happens, just for shits and giggles.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah, this looks like semi-bullshit.

They aren't watching any of the videos they are linking in their acceptance emails.. the whole service is algorithm based, they mention it several times, so chances are these emails are being generated in exactly the same way. Some set of equations monitors subject mentions and then gathers up content creators based on those mentions appearing in titles and such.. Seems like gaming is something they are branching in to. I wouldnt be surprised if thousands of game-related content creators are doing this. A million years ago, when AOL was a thing, I wrote a few little programs (VB lol) that parsed chat rooms and such and collected various data and watched for various things. They served no point, I was just trying to teach myself to code and was fiddling with automated data collection stuff.. but Id imagine their entire system works like a super sophisticated version of that.

If you *DO* decide to sign up, read the contract and look for the clauses. These contracts can be sneaky. Some have, as mentioned before, clauses saying you have to mention other videos, or provide certain info in a specific way and any revenue generated from vids that dont adhere to this is null, or you have to generate a specific amount of revenue in a specific amount of time in order to get paid, or blah blah. There are almost ALWAYS hoops to jump through. A friend of mine, I love the guy but god.. he lives and breathes this sort of thing. He is convinced, down in his heart that any ole' person can make a ton of money off linking and trending and adverts and all this mess and watching him, weekly, get boned by a new company is both sad and funny in equal measures.

I hope its legit and does some work for you man, but be super super super cautious. Always ask yourself what's in it for the other guy.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Always ask yourself what's in it for the other guy.
I agree with this. I'm skeptical of big companies that seemingly offer these awesome deals, especially when it's such an impersonal transaction. I'd be more worried that either they'll end paying you pennies on the dollar, or that you might end up losing control of your content. I also wonder what type of legal protections or options you'd have if things turn sideways and they start stiffing you. If it was me, and I was creating content, I'd probably rather work with someone I could meet face to face and get to know and trust.