What's new

Question - Tempest Is there any combos that break the 50% mark no X-ray ?

Honestly, I think he's getting nerfed. 112124 on block builds meter like no one's business. If you have the execution to do this consistently, your opponent can pack it up. "Using resources" for Lao is like a millionaire making it rain 20's in the club.
You said it yourself it takes execution :rolleyes:, Kung Lao is one of the few characters that takes skills in MKX, there is a reason it's not easy to do. Players with better execution which are usually the one who has been playing for a longer time deserve to have an edge over newer players, you want it nerfed because you can't do it :DOGEKappa

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
You said it yourself it takes execution :rolleyes:, Kung Lao is one of the few characters that takes skills in MKX, there is a reason it's not easy to do. Players with better execution which are usually the one who has been playing for a longer time deserve to have an edge over newer players, you want it nerfed because you can't do it :DOGEKappa
1. This post was over 2 months ago.
2. He's been nerfed twice since.
3. I wasn't complaining; I use him.

1. This post was over 2 months ago.
2. He's been nerfed twice since.
3. I wasn't complaining; I use him.
My bad, I didn't pay attention to that but I thought they nerfed the hat spin not his 1,1,2,1,2,4 string though, does it build less meter now?

Last edited:
My bad, I didn't pay attention that but I thought they nerfed the hat spin not his 1,1,2,1,2,4 string though, does it build less meter now?
The hat spin was "nerfed" because it generates a push back now where it didn't before. HOWEVER, if you run cancel after the hat spin after 112124.....:rolleyes:

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
My bad, I didn't pay attention that but I thought they nerfed the hat spin not his 1,1,2,1,2,4 string though, does it build less meter now?
ive only played lao 2-3 times but can someone explain the execution for the 112124 haha cause i tried it about 10x different times on hit and couldnt get it to work

The hat spin was "nerfed" because it generates a push back now where it didn't before. HOWEVER, if you run cancel after the hat spin after 112124.....:rolleyes:
Well yes but I think if I'm not mistaken you can armor through, backdash and low poke out of that pressure now, I think you can armor through in the corner as well. Everyone I fight plays YOLO on me all the time for some odd reason so fuck doing that :DOGE

In the 112124 string, there has always been a gap between the 2 and the 4, so it's probably best to cut it off at the 2 and do EX hat spin. 11212 xx EX Hat Spin still jails no matter what if I remember correctly. Then again if it doesn't you wouldn't notice because I have yet to see someone poke out of it :16Bit

ive only played lao 2-3 times but can someone explain the execution for the 112124 haha cause i tried it about 10x different times on hit and couldnt get it to work
What I do is I tap 1,1,2, then when I touch the 2, I hold it and literally rub my finger across to 1 and then back up to 2. That has always worked for me

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I dont know why you peeps still spend a bar on combos with tempest tbh. from form 25% to 36% meterless isnt enough? just practise the 44 link after hat spin and you're done.

however, GL getting telly 3 hit (and even connect it with 44) in matches, most of the time you'll just get d2'd the shit out.

I dont know why you peeps still spend a bar on combos with tempest tbh. from form 25% to 36% meterless isnt enough? just practise the 44 link after hat spin and you're done.

however, GL getting telly 3 hit (and even connect it with 44) in matches, most of the time you'll just get d2'd the shit out.
I completely understand where you are coming from but lets be honest about something... if the opportunity arose that you are in area to pull this specific combo off, spend 1 bar of meter and you could win the game you wouldn't use it?

the FJ2, b2, db1,44 is a good option to use and I use that a lot, especially for zoning if you finish your combo in a 21 you can get that hat throw and use it for zoning after the hard knock down so I wouldn't say 25% - 36% isn't enough...

I do agree though you can get d2'd like a mother fucker at times but they wouldn't throw the move in the game if it can not be used. If you try to keep doing the teleport and getting d2'd then I think that it might be time you think of changing strategy and go in with a different combo set up then relying on a 50% damage combo like this haha

might as well drill them different combos brother...

LaidBackLew

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I completely understand where you are coming from but lets be honest about something... if the opportunity arose that you are in area to pull this specific combo off, spend 1 bar of meter and you could win the game you wouldn't use it?

the FJ2, b2, db1,44 is a good option to use and I use that a lot, especially for zoning if you finish your combo in a 21 you can get that hat throw and use it for zoning after the hard knock down so I wouldn't say 25% - 36% isn't enough...

I do agree though you can get d2'd like a mother fucker at times but they wouldn't throw the move in the game if it can not be used. If you try to keep doing the teleport and getting d2'd then I think that it might be time you think of changing strategy and go in with a different combo set up then relying on a 50% damage combo like this haha

might as well drill them different combos brother...

LaidBackLew

I totally understand your point, and i agree to the fact that you may actually get the opportunity to do telly 3, 44. That would come form a hard read tho, and even then, it's kinda reactable.

As the video shows you have to delay the button press after the teleport to make 44 link, and i'm fairly certain most people know that everything they have to do is just block high to counter the teleport. good thing: if they block you're safe, bad thing: you dont get damage, worst thing: you get full combo punished

I'm not trying to miscredit you, cause i love when people put the effort and sorry if i may sounded like i was. I'm just saying that KL teleport is one of the most unsafe and punishable moves in the game, and it'll never be a good starter 99% of the cases.

as far as damage goes I'm more of a "build meter, save meter for breaks, save meter for reversals" guy, and i think KL is the only character that doesnt need it in combos, if not for kill comfirms. But hey, that's my opinion, and i respect yours as well :)

cheers

I totally understand your point, and i agree to the fact that you may actually get the opportunity to do telly 3, 44. That would come form a hard read tho, and even then, it's kinda reactable.

As the video shows you have to delay the button press after the teleport to make 44 link, and i'm fairly certain most people know that everything they have to do is just block high to counter the teleport. good thing: if they block you're safe, bad thing: you dont get damage, worst thing: you get full combo punished

I'm not trying to miscredit you, cause i love when people put the effort and sorry if i may sounded like i was. I'm just saying that KL teleport is one of the most unsafe and punishable moves in the game, and it'll never be a good starter 99% of the cases.

as far as damage goes I'm more of a "build meter, save meter for breaks, save meter for reversals" guy, and i think KL is the only character that doesnt need it in combos, if not for kill comfirms. But hey, that's my opinion, and i respect yours as well :)

cheers
No offence taken brother :) all negative or positive comments are welcome so no need to apologise...

Yeah I love learning everything that's possible for the character even if I don't ever use it it's enjoyable to know what I can do if the opportunity ever came across. But I agree, I highly would recommend NOT starting a match with a teleport 3 at all haha but yeah if you read your opponent and they are about to throw a projectile from a full screen and you're in the area to make sure your opponent will hit that wall to finish the combo then I say 'God Speed to you mate...'

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
No offence taken brother :) all negative or positive comments are welcome so no need to apologise...

Yeah I love learning everything that's possible for the character even if I don't ever use it it's enjoyable to know what I can do if the opportunity ever came across. But I agree, I highly would recommend NOT starting a match with a teleport 3 at all haha but yeah if you read your opponent and they are about to throw a projectile from a full screen and you're in the area to make sure your opponent will hit that wall to finish the combo then I say 'God Speed to you mate...'

might actually steal dat pic lol. EPIC!