What's new

Question - Tempest Is there any combos that break the 50% mark no X-ray ?

XSeregantmajor

"Well hello mr. Fancy pants!" - Bruce Campbell
- Kung Lao: I have no quarrel with you. Reptile: I will tear your flesh !! Kung Lao: I now have a quarrel with you.
I've been playing tempest Lao for a little bit and he is my favorite character of mk x . His moves and play style feels smooth and right up my ally but after they fixed the damage of the hat spin my favorite and most used combo which was a 47% combo 1 bar is dropped to a 45% . Now it's still in my opinion a very good combo and Lao as a character has so much combo potential and has pretty good chip damage . Kung Lao is the character that I have did the most damage with combo wise and I just feel that he can break the 50% barrier , does anybody have combos that are over 50% with Lao ? If so please share . I'm always looking to improve and learn new combos !​

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Lao is fine honestly he makes up for it with chip. And I'm fine with the hat advantage he BURNS resources to do it. But at the end of the day he will always be top tier by design
Honestly, I think he's getting nerfed. 112124 on block builds meter like no one's business. If you have the execution to do this consistently, your opponent can pack it up. "Using resources" for Lao is like a millionaire making it rain 20's in the club.

XSeregantmajor

I see a lot of people use the fist fury combo but I can't do it for some reason , I have to use both hands to get it to work , anybody having trouble or is it just me ?

I see a lot of people use the fist fury combo but I can't do it for some reason , I have to use both hands to get it to work , anybody having trouble or is it just me ?
This is what I figured out and I can get it 100% of the time now.

Input it like this. 11, 1+2, 24

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
As much as I hate to agree lol I agree. If they reduce the meter building on that string I'm fine with that. He will still be a force but he won't be able to loop situations like running threw 4 bars on fools. Forces Lao players to do more stagger string pressure

XSeregantmajor

ex tele ex grab b321 spin b321 ex spin njp grab 51% 3 bars though, very useful to finish matches
Nice , I don't use meter to much with Lao unless it's the ex spin , so I don't mind wasting some for a 51% damage combo , I've notice he is a easy character to build meter with , I use to main cryomancer sub zero and lord I couldn't gain a bar with him, thanks for the combo man!

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
???

That string is used a LOT at high level. It's one of his best/safest footsies strings...
Fist Fury to hat is used way more by DJT and King. B321 hat isn't used as much BECAUSE it gets armored through. I'm not talking about B321 in general. DJT also does a lot of staggers to condition people to think twice about armoring.