What's new

Question Is teleport scrubby?

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
imo it's only scrubby when ppl abuse it and keep getting it blocked. At that point I'm appearently I'm downloading your play style pattern, time for plan B lololol

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Well no because you're trying to keep your opponent in check but if you do it repeatedly without a strategy then I guess it is and I think its a different story with scorpion since his teleport is much slower and easy to block compared to a shadow kick or spin. Idk that's my opinion about thoe

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
If i teleport into you, is it scrubby?
in combo, not at all haha, using it to punish a projectile on reaction? not scrubby, make a read and doing iatp to catch the opponent? not scrubby any, and every where else, NOT VIABLE! EX OR NOT! SCRUB SCRUB SCRUBLY!!!! I used to do it when i was almost dead, you will get hit out of it, whether its on the same side u start on, or the other side, the opponent can d1 easy, every good player ive played does it easily and consitently, a smarter option is leg sweep or a mixup

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Are all of you on drugs or something? Am I being bamboozled?

Teleport has 2 whole years of start up frames, can be uppercutted or D1'd out of into a full combo on fucking reaction (even the EX version), and is 100% combo punishable on block.

It's arguably one of the least scrubby special moves in the entire game.

Teleport should only be used in combos IMO. It's bad in general and as a wakeup attack. The idiots who complain about it are the real scrubs lol.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Yea its scrubby. Mainly because its an anti-zoning tool but he's got better ones that you should be using instead that are either less punishable or grant a higher reward. (hellfire, ex spear) Its kinda good as an anti AA move when you jump at your opponent like Red Raptor said. Other than that, just use it for combos or if your desperate without meter and can't afford to trade projectiles with hellfire/ex spear.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Are all of you on drugs or something? Am I being bamboozled?

Teleport has 2 whole years of start up frames, can be uppercutted or D1'd out of into a full combo on fucking reaction (even the EX version), and is 100% combo punishable on block.

It's arguably one of the least scrubby special moves in the entire game.
you dont need to D1 or uppercut it

duck, wait for him to land, punish before he throws out the punch.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Don't teleport when you have a pixel of health left! That's what people look for. Its the panic teleport. Do everything but teleport then. This has worked ON me on several occasions where the person will just chip away at my health and when I finally lose my cool and jump or do something that isn't block WHAM..fucking teleport punched out of the air and FINISH HIM! on the screen. FUCKKKKKKKK!