What's new

Question - Takeda Is Takeda a low tier hero?

ryublaze

Noob
Do you think SR is far and away the better variation?

I started SR but switched to Ronin and haven't gone back, but maybe I should?

Anyone have any match footage of good SR? Or can point me to a recent guide? I might need to re-learn this variation
yea I think SR is best, might make a thread later explaining why. Ronin/Lasher are good too they might help in some match-ups. I've been slowly updating the guide just don't have a lot of time :(

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
See the best thing about takeda is since the buffs.....each variation can now back each other up in certain match ups. It's not like some characters that have only one good variation or some that have 1 good one and one decent one.

.....although i still think lasher is booty.....just my opinion
*cracks knuckles and neck* time to get working to get lasher since facking respect around here!

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
yea I think SR is best, might make a thread later explaining why. Ronin/Lasher are good too they might help in some match-ups. I've been slowly updating the guide just don't have a lot of time :(
1 v 1 mate. ryu vs ryu. im still trying to prove im the best with takeda. And someone needs to teach me how to lab so i can find some spicy takeda tech

MrProfDrPepper

His range mostly..and then with that piece of shit Ronin variation its like that bastard can pressure even from far away with that sword
Since you play scorpion (I'm assuming) you have to stay out of my b2 range, the whiff recovery on it is insane so you can easily teleport punish. And then you have to keep the pressure on, against lasher you bait my armor, keep me down as best you can, and stay in my face, don't let me get you into the range where my 50/50s are completely safe, other variations I can't help you out with but lasher, there you go, either stay in his face or stay full screen, stay out of mid screen, that is the space lasher controls very well

Since you play scorpion (I'm assuming) you have to stay out of my b2 range, the whiff recovery on it is insane so you can easily teleport punish. And then you have to keep the pressure on, against lasher you bait my armor, keep me down as best you can, and stay in my face, don't let me get you into the range where my 50/50s are completely safe, other variations I can't help you out with but lasher, there you go, either stay in his face or stay full screen, stay out of mid screen, that is the space lasher controls very well
Thanks for the advice, I'ma try that

MrProfDrPepper

Lol , who would you say his worst matchup is?
Ummm, well over all he has a lot of trouble against people who can do one of two things, out zone him, or keep the pressure on very very well, once again my knowledge is lasher specific, but I think that Scorpion can get his number really well by staying out of b2 range and extelecombo punishing. So if you had trouble against lasher the problem was just lack of my knowledge. I'm sure there is way more like of course kung lao and quan chi, but when I get home I'm going to lab out and play a lot of matches and let you know my opinion on lashers bad mus.