What's new

Is she still as strong?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Just because it can be flawless blocked, doesnt mean you have to complete the string. Also she can parry flawless blocks in her first variation.
All but 2 of her strings are safe and gapless. I should just not use most of her movelist? That's ridic, nobody else has this many gaps for no reason.
What's so BUSTED about f43 that it needs a full combo punishable gap? because it's -1? Geras and Kabal throw out -2 and -3s all day long and there's no gap. Kek.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
All but 2 of her strings are safe and gapless. I should just not use most of her movelist? That's ridic, nobody else has this many gaps for no reason.
What's so BUSTED about f43 that it needs a full combo punishable gap? because it's -1? Geras and Kabal throw out -2 and -3s all day long and there's no gap. Kek.
I mean most characters dont use most of their strings only a few...like i said she can parry if u read a flawless block unless they have a really fast u2.

I mean most characters dont use most of their strings only a few...like i said she can parry if u read a flawless block unless they have a really fast u2.

A lot of characters have 10 frames or lower u2/u3. That's enough time to hit her before she gets into parry stance.

Also like all parries, if the opponent doesn't react to it, Skarlet is -20.

Her parry is good at casual levels. But at high levels nobody is going to fall for it to the point where it's going to make any impact.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
A lot of characters have 10 frames or lower u2/u3. That's enough time to hit her before she gets into parry stance.

Also like all parries, if the opponent doesn't react to it, Skarlet is -20.

Her parry is good at casual levels. But at high levels nobody is going to fall for it to the point where it's going to make any impact.
Yeah if opponent reads it ofcourse parry wont work, but then you conditioned them to block the whole string. Its called mindgames. Im not saying skarlet is top tier but this argument about strings being bad just cause there are gaps makes no sense cause then alot of characters on this roster would be useless.

Yeah if opponent reads it ofcourse parry wont work, but then you conditioned them to block the whole string. Its called mindgames. Im not saying skarlet is top tier but this argument about strings being bad just cause there are gaps makes no sense cause then alot of characters on this roster would be useless.
Liu Kang, Geras and Johnny all have 10 or less frames punishes on both their u2/u3. Your not playing mind games on them. Then you have Cassie and Jacqui who can opt to use u3 instead.

The Skarlet up playing needs to stop. She has faults. I put in around 3000+ matches with her to know what's up. Down playing her is needed. Because then hopefully she will be getting some needed buffs.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just because it can be flawless blocked, doesnt mean you have to complete the string. Also she can parry flawless blocks in her first variation.
only a few, any character with a BAP faster than 10f can ignore her parry which stops becoming a factor on these gaps as well.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Nope, you didn't, her "parry" doesn't parry lows and her fast projectile doesn't jail either, in any occasion you think there is conditioning here, there isn't, they will just use d3 where they would use d1 and deal with parry, projectile, togue, blood ball all together.
this is where short hops would become usable with her at -1 should be easier to avoid certain attacks, but lows anti-airs in this game.

The only good string Skarlet has its 44 due to have no gaps and being +6 on block, if they block the first hit they will have to deal with it, but its high high.