What's new

Question Is Pain Chain Guaranteed After B1?

Is Pain Chain Guaranteed After B1?

• Total voters

Korbidon

Noob
Is there any reason not to do this reset? It does more damage, seems like it cannot be escaped, and prevents clash?

This should be the 1 bar BnB right?

Wait, is it possible to do the B1+Grave Rot into grab? Is the grab still guaranteed?

Edit: Superman can punish it, so I figure it won't work.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Damage comparisons with my bnbs:
F+1,3, 11~MB Swamp hands, b+3, ji.3, 11~health throw (47%)
f+1,3, 11~MB Swamp hands, ji.2, b+1. pause, health trait throw (58%)

d+2, 11~MB Swamp hands, b+3, ji.3, 11~health throw (36%)
d+2, 11~MB Swamp hands, ji.2, b+1. Pause, health throw (51%)

112~MB Swamp hands, b+3, ji.3, 11~health throw( 52%)
112~MB swamp hands, ji.2, b+1. Pause, health throw (59%)

f+1,2~MB swamp hands, b+3, ji.3, 11~health throw (46%)
f+1,2~MB Swamp hands, ji.2, b+1. Pause, health throw (53%)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Damage comparisons with my bnbs:
F+1,3, 11~MB Swamp hands, b+3, ji.3, 11~health throw (47%)
f+1,3, 11~MB Swamp hands, ji.2, b+1. pause, health trait throw (58%)

d+2, 11~MB Swamp hands, b+3, ji.3, 11~health throw (36%)
d+2, 11~MB Swamp hands, ji.2, b+1. Pause, health throw (51%)

112~MB Swamp hands, b+3, ji.3, 11~health throw( 52%)
112~MB swamp hands, ji.2, b+1. Pause, health throw (59%)

f+1,2~MB swamp hands, b+3, ji.3, 11~health throw (46%)
f+1,2~MB Swamp hands, ji.2, b+1. Pause, health throw (53%)
LOL
this is dumb
DUMB DUMB DUMB

we should probably delete all threads related to this so it doesn't get patched out.

d2 AA is 50% now. THAT IS DUMB!!!!!

Brahma

Noob
Doesn't seem to be any reason not to. You may be able to b+1~grave rot then do armored trait grab, for a damage reset that does slightly more (+3% with db3 +, but is not guaranteed. I'd still rather get guaranteed damage though, 60% is really beefy for one meter midscreen, and not really worth risking the opponent getting out to squeeze in a few extra dmg.

I can see this getting patched though, it's kinda grimy.

Derckey

Noob
Exactly what everyone else is saying, there is no reason not to do this. It will for sure be patched out, but will probably stay for a couple of months, I assume.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I've had the very hard AI d1 me out of trait throw after b1 stun. Is it possible or was I just late on the trait throw?

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
This new tech is definitely worth learning. On that note...

I'm currently practicing the timing. I'm in training mode and I have the AI set to constantly forward jump. I hit a B1 and then time the grab. Does the AI jump immediately when it gets the chance? If so, then this is a good way to get down the timing.

To those who use this new tech consistently: let me know if that's a good way to practice the timing of landing reset trait grab after the B1. Thanks~

Derckey

Noob

I'm currently practicing the timing. I'm in training mode and I have the AI set to constantly forward jump. I hit a B1 and then time the grab. Does the AI jump immediately when it gets the chance? If so, then this is a good way to get down the timing.

To those who use this new tech consistently: let me know if that's a good way to practice the timing of landing reset trait grab after the B1. Thanks~
That's not a very good way of practicing it. The AI sometimes takes a few moments to finally jump. And there's not really much to practice, the best way of getting it is by spamming trait after the b1 connects.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
So after testing this out further, I've found out this should be the go to thing to do instead of a regular bnb. In total this does 60%, while my regular bnb does 52% (112~MB Swamp hands, dash, b+3, ji.3, 11~health trait), experimenting with Superman's super fast...super, not even Superman can get out of this. Thoughts?

112~MB Swamp hands, ji.2, b+1, (29%) trait throw (31%)
Dude

That is so good.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner

Wait for the blood splatter to go away and immediately throw, you can also just do b+1, don't cancel it, and then just do trait throw.